Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic EK9 1.4

• 28-11-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello everyone, i bought a ek9 recently with had the engine taken out for a b16 swap. the b16 was never put in so i took on the job of putting the 1.4 back in, i now have everything back in but im not getting a spark. i put in a new distributor and have checked over everything i can think of ( fuses, grounds, etc) im absoulotely lost now the engine turns over everytime put never got any near starting it. any help is really appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

Crank shaft sensor would cause that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kingster92

Coliin09 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, i bought a ek9 recently with had the engine taken out for a b16 swap. the b16 was never put in so i took on the job of putting the 1.4 back in, i now have everything back in but im not getting a spark. i put in a new distributor and have checked over everything i can think of ( fuses, grounds, etc) im absoulotely lost now the engine turns over everytime put never got any near starting it. any help is really appreciated thanks

Do u still have the b16 engine? do u have any civic ek parts for sale?

• Site Banned Posts: 58 ✭✭franorzxrh2

isnt an ek9 a civic type r??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭Tefral

This might seem like a stupid question but have you changed the ECU to match the 1.4 engine?

If you havent then you might need to.

If you have, then it could be immobilised... The EK9's didnt come with one standard, but if the 1.4 engine and loom and ecu are from an irish/english civic then they would be immobilised so youd need the key to match that ecu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭Tefral

isnt an ek9 a civic type r??

yep

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 58 ✭✭franorzxrh2

a 1.4 civic type r :o iv never seen 1 haha!! are you definetaly not getting a spark? if not how did you test this? is it constantly turning over? have you checked to see if fuel is being delivered to rail? was there anything changed or adjusted on the 1.4 engine? and as said before check crank pickup sensor!! ya didnt give much info op!!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

The only suggestion I have is that you need to PUT THE B16B BACK IN!!

Advertisement