Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi now on all Intercity Trains.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

murpho999 wrote: »
    I also find the service awful.

Also hate having to login every single time I get on a train.

this is a serious flaw - if you save the Irish_rail SSID on your phone, everytime you get on a train (and connect automatically) all your apps stop working until you fire up the browser and click through the welcome page. Stupid stupid stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kc56

loyatemu wrote: »
    this is a serious flaw - if you save the Irish_rail SSID on your phone, everytime you get on a train (and connect automatically) all your apps stop working until you fire up the browser and click through the welcome page. Stupid stupid stupid.

You have to do the same with most free wifi and paid WiFi services. It's rare that you can connect automatically - eircom Hostspots are an exceptions if you're a customer. In logging on you are accepting the T&Cs. Do you really expect IE to make their system totally open?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭serfboard

kc56 wrote: »
    You have to do the same with most free wifi and paid WiFi services.
    True - GoBus and Citylink services make you do this, and in the Ctylink case, it's the same provider (FleetConnect) as IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

been trying to use this from the city centre to Bray and 85% - 90% of the time it is unuseable.
    This is from either my phone or my tablet.

Advertisement