Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

ldr wrote: »
    Viber is brilliant use it everyday, I just have one question, will it ever support video calls?

Thanks so much for the kind compliments! We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying Viber.

Video calling is certainly on our list of development, but we still can't guarantee specific time frames. Once we have concrete news, we'll let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Pique

puddles22 wrote: »
    any plans to be able to run viber using the same number on more than one device, for example say on a tablet and a phone at the same time, with the possiblity of messages sycning between both devices?
    Viber wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I apologize for my late response.

@puddles22 -

At this stage, one Viber number can be assigned with only one device simultaneously. When you try registering to Viber with the same number on a second device, the first device immediately deactivates, and its data (message history, Recents, etc.) is deleted.

What you can do, however, is register your second device with a different number: your home number, an old cellphone number, family's or friends.
    In future versions we are planning to add an option to register Viber on multiple devices. Once we have news on that, we'll let you know :)

I think what puddles22 asked for would be brilliant.
    Lots of us (probably most people nowadays) have WiFi tablets that we use and the possibility of using Viber directly from them would be a great thing.

Using a landline number as the Tablet account would be confusing for my Viber contacts who mostly don't have my landline number and could inadvertently Viber my Tablet sitting at home instead of my mobile when I'm out and about as they would be 2 separate contacts.

I use IMO and/or Skype from both devices and they both get the updates/messages etc.
    Obviously with something tied to the phone number, you'd need a confirmation text sent to the phone or anyone could register your number as 'their' Viber account etc, but please do forward this request to the relevant team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I am using a galaxy s3, sownloaded the new version of viber the other day.
    love the pop out at the front screen with a new message.

When i am in it though i cant delete a whle message, just individual replies.
    when i highlight a message in the front screen i dont get a menu to delete ect.

Edit - I see clear message history in settings but that clears them all not individual, ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nheav

Hi all,

I've recently updated to viber 2.3 for Android (HTC Desire HD)
    just wondering if anyone else has the same issue as me.......
    The message pop ups don't seem to be working anymore. I've turned the option off and back on, as well as restarting my phone etc and still no joy. basically I have to go into Viber everytime to reply to a message rather than just replying from the pop up which was a great feature of the earlier versions.
    Has anyone else updated to this version, and if so are you also having this issue?
    I might uninstall and reinstall Viber altogether to see if that helps, but I will lose all my messages if I do that so I'd rather not just yet!

Any ideas anyone?

@Pike -

Thank you for your feedback. We are doing our best to speed up this project, and we will keep you informed with news :)

@brightkane -
    Please try swiping to the right the relevant line in Messages page (of the specific conversation that you want to delete).
    Do you see the option to delete it?

@nheav -
    Thank you for the information.

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0
    With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it

Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

swiping right does nothing for me unfortunatley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Has anyone ever heard another conversation while on Viber? While talking to a friend I kept asking was someone in the background,after we decided on silence to hear it we could hear a man and a woman having a chat.....about a a parrot:D much Lulz where had:pac:

@brightkane -
    Please contact our support team for more information regarding this matter: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

@tallaghtmick -
    We haven't had such reports in the past from users.. Are you sure no TV or radio were on? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Is it possible to get Viber on the Samsung Wave S8500 yet?

@brightkane -
    Please contact our support team for more information regarding this matter: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

@tallaghtmick -
    We haven't had such reports in the past from users.. Are you sure no TV or radio were on? ;)

Def not I asked that too was so weird,on another note couldnt send xmas pics today either could the other person,any reason there?

• Advertisement

@guinnessdrinker -

Here is the full list of officialls supported Bada devices:
    http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/278/45/is-your-bada-compatible-with-viber-system-requirements

@tallaghtmick -
    Hmm... we'll check that matter. Please let us know if this issue repeats itself.
    About the Xmas pics - are you sure both sides have the latest version of Viber?

Have you tried rebooting the app on both devices?

@guinnessdrinker -

Here is the full list of officialls supported Bada devices:
    http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/278/45/is-your-bada-compatible-with-viber-system-requirements

@tallaghtmick -
    Hmm... we'll check that matter. Please let us know if this issue repeats itself.
    About the Xmas pics - are you sure both sides have the latest version of Viber?

Have you tried rebooting the app on both devices?

I only downloaded the latest version when I got a new phone last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i was finding that viber absolutely destroyed battery life (on a desire hd and then a htc one x, tried with several roms on both) and just seemed to keep getting worse and worse instead of better and i wasn't using it nearly enough for it to be worth not making it through the day on a single charge, so i uninstalled it. if it was less resource hungry i might be tempted back, but it's just too much of a juice hog to keep using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

vibe666 wrote: »
    i was finding that viber absolutely destroyed battery life (on a desire hd and then a htc one x, tried with several roms on both) and just seemed to keep getting worse and worse instead of better and i wasn't using it nearly enough for it to be worth not making it through the day on a single charge, so i uninstalled it. if it was less resource hungry i might be tempted back, but it's just too much of a juice hog to keep using it.

Viber rarely even turns up on my Battery display of power use. Did you install it fresh from the Play Store each time or were you restoring it via Titanium Backup?

@vibe666 -

Please make sure that Viber is the cause for the battery drain by isolating Viber (having no other apps running) on a device with stock ROM (custom ROMs may cause this problem).

We conduct strict testings in our labs with several devices and other than when making a call (when it is natural for the battery to be used), we did not come across any significant battery drain when Viber was simply running in the background. Furthermore, over the course of over 15 hours, on average the battery use was only 2%.

You can find additional information on tests performed by Viber users themselves, which show similar results, at:
    http://whrl.pl/Rc0APn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Hi, I realise that Viber is only available on certain Bada devices currently. What I was wondering about was if there was any plans to make Viber available to the Samsung Wave S8500 in the near future as it is not currently supported.

Hi, I realise that Viber is only available on certain Bada devices currently. What I was wondering about was if there was any plans to make Viber available to the Samsung Wave S8500 in the near future as it is not currently supported.

We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, but unfortunately we still don't have any specific release dates or time frames.

Once we have news, we'll keep you posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Viber!!

Why have u taken over my SMS app?? I just found a SMS I was expecting from yesterday!! I did not choose to let Viber take over my SMS app!!! :mad::mad:

I am very angry at this!

Why does it take over SMS by default??? :mad::mad:

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Viber!!

Why have u taken over my SMS app?? I just found a SMS I was expecting from yesterday!! I did not choose to let Viber take over my SMS app!!! :mad::mad:

I am very angry at this!

Why does it take over SMS by default??? :mad::mad:

Go to settings on Viber and turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye I can turn it off.
    The point is, why did they hijack my phone by default?? It shouldn't be a default setting! The first I found out about it was after it was too late and I had let someone down!

Fuming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Independent12

I have a htc desire s and recently installed viber to keep in touch with a friend in australia. It's great BUT it keeps dropping the calls, especially it seems after around 4 min. This happens even though I have wireless internet in my home which is always an "excellent" signal. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

Also - i have an ipod touch, would viber work on this? as I could try it to see if it's any better

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Ye I can turn it off.
    The point is, why did they hijack my phone by default?? It shouldn't be a default setting! The first I found out about it was after it was too late and I had let someone down!

Fuming!

fairly sure it asked me if I wanted to make it default, I said no and it stayed exactly as set up before...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Independent12

I have a htc desire s and recently installed viber to keep in touch with a friend in australia. It's great BUT it keeps dropping the calls, especially it seems after around 4 min. This happens even though I have wireless internet in my home which is always an "excellent" signal. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

Also - i have an ipod touch, would viber work on this? as I could try it to see if it's any better

Thanks

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Thanks

won't work on the ipod touch as far as I know, it needs to have a number and can't use mobile across devices.

on the call dropping I can't help sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I'm not sure if it's an issue thats already been brought up but it seems I can no longer share pictures/youtube links etc through viber on android.

On the older version all I had to do was select this symbol nXD3u.jpg on screen and scroll to the viber option.

Recently changed my phone too and it happens on both. Hopefully it's being sorted out as its very handy. keep up the good work. I use viber more for sending messages now than the inbuilt text app

@The_B_Man -

Hi,
    We don't see it as hijacking your phone's SMS service. We immediately tell the user that this can be turned off, and we have actually found that the usage of this new feature by Viber is very high.

We apologize if you felt like this was invading your private settings, but as explained above - this can easily be turned off :)

@Independent12 -
    What device is the other side using?
    Also, Sometimes 3G reception could be low, and this is something we cannot control. Naturally this affects Viber's call quality and results in disruptions and broken sound.
    We are continuously trying to improve our handling of 3G, so you can expect better performance as newer versions of Viber are released.

Meanwhile, WiFi- WiFi calls on Viber should generally be very clear and are free of such disruptions.

* Viber doesn't officially support iPods, but it should still work fairly fine.

@Am I Evil? -

This is a known issue and we're working to fix it these days.
    We'd appreciate if you could report the details on your phone so we could get to it faster, using this direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Hello Viber Verified representative. Just to say we ie the wife and I find Viber great for texting and photos.

Bought the wife a generic tablet today but the Playstore says Viber will not work on my tablet. Will that change soon? if so any ideas when?

Sorry if I'm going over old ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

Greenman wrote: »
    Hello Viber Verified representative. Just to say we ie the wife and I find Viber great for texting and photos.

Bought the wife a generic tablet today but the Playstore says Viber will not work on my tablet. Will that change soon? if so any ideas when?

So far I believe it will only work on devices with a cellular connection, ones with Wifi only are not supported......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Greenman wrote: »

If you side load the app, and use a land line number or dumb phone to get the Viber verification code it works fine, worked on my Ainol Novo Elf 2 (fairly generic tablet) when I had one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

How can I turn off the Viber notification of an update and just wait for Google Play to do it?

Advertisement