Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Games off due to cup games and DGW's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Would love a City-Chelsea draw. Only have three players between them atm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

SantryRed wrote: »
    Would love a City-Chelsea draw. Only have three players between them atm :)
    I'm rooting for the Chelsea win at the moment, leaving me able to keep Hazard. I have Dzeko, Silva and Toure but to be honest it would suit me to just get rid of all 3 in GW 28 and not start bringing back my City contingent until 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I have Hazard, Yaya and Zab. A City win would be a double blow, as it would mean having to dump both Yaya and Zab (no match in GW28 OR 29) and would also give the advantage to my rival who has Azpilicueta and Hazard, and no City players! City have by far the easier GW29 tie at home to Villa.

Crazy to think that me beating him could rest on the result of an FA Cup match.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

CSF wrote: »
    I'm rooting for the Chelsea win at the moment, leaving me able to keep Hazard. I have Dzeko, Silva and Toure but to be honest it would suit me to just get rid of all 3 in GW 28 and not start bringing back my City contingent until 30.

But if Chelsea win wouldn't that leave them with a blank GW29 and you'd have no use for Hazard?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

robocode wrote: »
    But if Chelsea win wouldn't that leave them with a blank GW29 and you'd have no use for Hazard?
    Which is why I really mean a Man City win and amn't very good with the English language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

I was getting worried there that I had really misunderstood the double GW issues

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My hope is Jose rests a few at the weekend to concentrate on the League and CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    My hope is Jose rests a few at the weekend to concentrate on the League and CL.
    City have barca midweek and chelsea have no game so I think City will be the more likely to have a weakened team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Add Man City/Sunderland to the "to be refixed" pile. Time to get stockpiling City players fairly soon it seems

If the games were rescheduled for next week this wouldn't be much of an issue, but by the time this rescheduled games come back around others who weren't affected as badly by it can still reap the benefits from the DGW's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Add Man City/Sunderland to the "to be refixed" pile. Time to get stockpiling City players fairly soon it seems

With the number of games City have ahead of them the rotation word comes back. Both defenders and forwards can expect some time off. Big time for Pellegrini to plan it right with 2 league games, cup games and CL games ahead.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/02/13/palace-fixture-update

I think we can take from this that Gw 31 and 34 the gws when there is no CL or international games are the Gws that will be DGW's. They met today to try and get the game refixed with Id imagine midweek of next week in mind but they will now reassess it after the fa cup games this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/02/13/palace-fixture-update

I think we can take from this that Gw 31 and 34 the gws when there is no CL or international games are the Gws that will be DGW's. They met today to try and get the game refixed with Id imagine midweek of next week in mind but they will now reassess it after the fa cup games this weekend.

If PL games can't happen the same day than CL & EL football for TV reasons or else, midweek next week was an impossible fixture anyway since Everton play their FA Cup game on the 16th, the 18th & 19th are CL, the 20th is EL, and then CP play the 22nd (vs United) and this game can't be delayed since United play CL 3 days later.

Think you can add GW 37 (or 38) as potential DGWs. Maybe not for this Everton-CP game but If City continue progressing in the Cup and CL, considering they already have 1 game in hand and that they already have a DGW planned for GW 31... To a lesser extent It'll be the same story for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

so sunderland and Liverpool are the first casualties of the weekends FA cup fixtures effecting gw 29! boll!x, have sturridge, sterling, mannone and suarez (who doesn't have him)

Yep, Suarez, Sturridge, Colback and Mannone for me. Will be looking at Boruc in for Marshall if Wigan don't beat Cardiff later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sturridge,Suarez and Colback gone for me,the carnage begins.

Most people will be down Suarez and Sturridge. I can't see many transferring either out tbh.

Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Johnson. Next week Sterling and Johnson out, can't wait till double gameweek for Liverpool.
    Will have to play one forward in gw29 - Adebayor away against Chelsea:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

wonski wrote: »
    Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Johnson. Next week Sterling and Johnson out, can't wait till double gameweek for Liverpool.
    Will have to play one forward in gw29 - Adebayor away against Chelsea:eek:
    Unless Chelsea win or draw later.......

Unless Chelsea win or draw later.......

Ha, just realized this...can afford to get rid of one of them. Hoping for City win now - only Silva at this moment and no Aston Villa players in my team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

why is it that we will all be missing our Liverpool players? I'm missing something. My head hurts

IanOBo wrote: »
    why is it that we will all be missing our Liverpool players? I'm missing something. My head hurts

Liverpool are due to play Sunderland and Sunderland went through earlier.

Although I'll be missing suarez and sturridge now it may put the brakes on people getting sturridge in before GW29 because if you dont have him now its a transfer that doesnt make much sense. Sunderland will have 3 dgws between gw 29 and gw 37 this means I will keep bardsley on my bench for gw 28 and 29 rather than transfer him out.

Although I'll be missing suarez and sturridge now it may put the brakes on people getting sturridge in before GW29 because if you dont have him now its a transfer that doesnt make much sense. Sunderland will have 3 dgws between gw 29 and gw 37 this means I will keep bardsley on my bench for gw 28 and 29 rather than transfer him out.

Might make Adam Johnson worth a punt later in the season too.

I'll be keeping Mannone until the season end anyway.

Cardiff lost to Wigan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

roryc wrote: »
    Yep, Suarez, Sturridge, Colback and Mannone for me. Will be looking at Boruc in for Marshall if Wigan don't beat Cardiff later today.

the wigan result was a nice surprise, i have mannone and marshall too and not sure i would have bothered with a transfer for a goalkeeper. think i'm going to need them in more important areas.

hoping city hang onto their lead here as i have toure and hazard but would lose a lot of value on hazard. with toure having 2 blank gameweeks it'd make it an easy decision to transfer him out rather than him missing 1 gw and hazard missing one.

plus, i know a lot of people have more than 1 city player so it would effect other people negatively for city to go through.

wonski wrote: »
    Cardiff lost to Wigan

Means I have a keeper in GW29. Nice one. Actually expected Wigan to be really up for that game.

Seeing as City will likely beat Chelsea I need to save my transfers to dump Yaya and Zab over the coming weeks.

Means I have a keeper in GW29. Nice one. Actually expected Wigan to be really up for that game.

Seeing as City will likely beat Chelsea I need to save my transfers to dump Yaya and Zab over the coming weeks.

News of the day for me too - have Marshall and McGregor and really didn't want to tranfer any of them. Would have to play without a keeper.

I would have been happy to dump Marshall for Boruc.

• Advertisement

I would have been happy to dump Marshall for Boruc.

Already have Fonte, would happily dump Marshall, too but there are more urgent transfers to be made.
    If Chelsea lost i will transfer Johnson out for Spurs mid.

Advertisement