Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The other option is to skip him if you chose the master key when starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,468 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Do you have the resin that applies lightning to your weapon? I used that and after the drop attack, he died surprisingly quickly. Also is the taurus demon before or after you can get the drake sword from the dragons tail on the bridge?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

before, but dont get the drake sword. it makes the early game far too easy and takes away the feeling of progression you get from following the upgrade path for a normal weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Also is the taurus demon before or after you can get the drake sword from the dragons tail on the bridge?

Taurus Demon is before being able to get the Drake Sword. Id keep the resins to try get the Drake Sword actually, cutting it off is much easier than shooting it with the bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

before, but dont get the drake sword. it makes the early game far too easy and takes away the feeling of progression you get from following the upgrade path for a normal weapon

The game would be horribly difficult without the Drake Sword for a newb. Getting to the blacksmith would be quite tough going IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    Determined to finish this before the sequel is out, in the tomb of the giants now. All I can say is thank god for the Cast Light spell! The room where you get the large divine ember is hilarious lol what a death trap

Nito dead and Duke Archives done, got the crystal soul spear from Logan and killed the sanctuary guardian in 3 hits :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,468 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I found the drake sword brilliant starting out as it was hard enough learning the mechanics of the game without dying every 5 minutes. I think it was the reason I kept playing it and didn't give up in frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Jesus, SL1 Four Kings is actually impossible! I don't know what way to go about it! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jesus, SL1 Four Kings is actually impossible! I don't know what way to go about it! :confused:

I'm having major difficulty with them on ng+ never mind as a sl1 player

krudler wrote: »
    I'm having major difficulty with them on ng+ never mind as a sl1 player

Decimated them on my first run , tore me to pieces in ng+ also even using the same strategy, easy with summoned help though, does that defeat the point of SL1 though ?

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Decimated them on my first run , tore me to pieces in ng+ also even using the same strategy, easy with summoned help though, does that defeat the point of SL1 though ?

There ain't no help to summon anyway beside Witch Beatrix. I've tried donning the Crown of Dusk and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring and roasting them with combustions, which lets me kill the first two. I always end up in the blast zone of their magic attack which instakills me. Might head down to Ash lake and grind a few more twinkling titanites to upgrade the Antiquated set to beef up my magic defence...

There ain't no help to summon anyway beside Witch Beatrix. I've tried donning the Crown of Dusk and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring and roasting them with combustions, which lets me kill the first two. I always end up in the blast zone of their magic attack which instakills me. Might head down to Ash lake and grind a few more twinkling titanites to upgrade the Antiquated set to beef up my magic defence...

I think it was the only point i used super heavy armor and iron flesh , on NG+ I had to wait until a pal got to my point to be summoned, otherwise it would not have gone so smoothly :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

UyXQm3I.gif

Suck it Lautrec.

I think it was the only point i used super heavy armor and iron flesh , on NG+ I had to wait until a pal got to my point to be summoned, otherwise it would not have gone so smoothly :(

That's what I did, Havel's full set, iron flesh, double handed Zweihander, hack away and heal between their big attacks. It's not working so well on NG+ though. Tried with a dex approach too and got down to the last king then got hit with the big magic attack.

I tried that, but even with full Havel's and Iron Flesh, I can't tank many hits. I'm better off in light clothes so I can fastroll, as all of their attacks are telegraphed enough to dodge bar that bloody magic explosion!

finally hit level 100 whoop. those giants outside where you fight O&S are a godsend for souls farming in NG+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Anybody know where I could pick up a copy of this? Not available on PSN and they didn't have it in HMV in Dundrum

Anybody know where I could pick up a copy of this? Not available on PSN and they didn't have it in HMV in Dundrum

amazon would have it fairly cheap, gamestop usually have it preowned too.

amazon would have it fairly cheap, gamestop usually have it preowned too.

Cheers, I'll have a look there so

Cheers, I'll have a look there so

get the Prepare To Die edition if you can, comes with the DLC already on it and it's probably the best part of the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

finally hit level 100 whoop. those giants outside where you fight O&S are a godsend for souls farming in NG+

Level 100 is a great level to host invaders and make tons of souls, assuming you can beat most of them :pac: I have a Level 127 Quality/Faith build with over 1.5 million souls from hosting and invading in Oolacile Township and the Kiln.

Had one of my best ever pvp nights last night in the Kiln, winning about ten in a row until I came across this Spanish guy with a ninja-flipping archer who kicked my ass five times in a row. Couldn't hit the b@stard once:mad: Tried Twopping him but he just countered each time with Fire Tempest. I HATE opponents with Darkwood Grain rings. The ninja flip i-frames make it almost impossible for tank builds to get a hit in.

get the Prepare To Die edition if you can, comes with the DLC already on it and it's probably the best part of the game

Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition for PS3 £15.25 on Amazon - Sweet! Cheers bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

If you want mega souls/humanity best place is the room just before Gravelord Nito where those little skeletons keep spawning. Just hang around the bottom slope that leads towards the fog and they'll drop humanity and souls a plenty. Couple this with a covetous serpant ring and a few humanity and you'll probably end up with 99 humanity and well over 300k souls with patience, depending on what NG you're on.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    If you want mega souls/humanity best place is the room just before Gravelord Nito where those little skeletons keep spawning. Just hang around the bottom slope that leads towards the fog and they'll drop humanity and souls a plenty. Couple this with a covetous serpant ring and a few humanity and you'll probably end up with 99 humanity and well over 300k souls with patience, depending on what NG you're on.

the place with all the Pinwheel clones? must try that Nito is where I'll be heading later, I'm in the Tomb of the Giants and keep getting killed by Patches the wanker

• Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

if you are on a new character and want to get to the magic 125 level quickly, can always use the souls glitch ! works with humanity too.

sort of cheating, but if you just want to get your character up to PvP level quickly after you have got what weapons and spells you need , and you are still level ~90 it's an easy way to level up

2smiggy wrote: »
    if you are on a new character and want to get to the magic 125 level quickly, can always use the souls glitch ! works with humanity too.

sort of cheating, but if you just want to get your character up to PvP level quickly after you have got what weapons and spells you need , and you are still level ~90 it's an easy way to level up

The thing with the dragon head? thought that was patched?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

no , this one linky

2smiggy wrote: »
    no , this one linky

Interesting, might try that on a random build for dicking around purposes

found some unreal fan art

dark_souls_commission_for_naikou42_by_mintyfreshmangos-d5igfc9.jpg

dark_souls__artorias_the_abysswalker_by_arieaesu-d5dyuqm.png

dark_souls_artorias_by_legendary_memory-d670eq9.jpg

dark_souls_knight_10_by_nero_tbs-d5m9mu9.jpg

manus_father_of_the_abyss__dark_souls_fan_art__by_nahelus-d5pu2tq.jpg

Some people have unbelievable talent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Wow, the detail in them is incredible! Love the opening door one and the Anor Londo one.

Advertisement