Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dell Inspiron Mini 10 for €166.41

Options
  • 17-09-2009 3:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Dell Outlet Ireland (www.dell.ie/outlet) has lots of Inspiron Mini 10s for very good prices tonight! There are Mini 10v from €136.96 + VAT (€166.41) and Mini 10 from €175.13 + VAT (€212.78) in a variety of colours.

The differences between the Mini10 (model 1010) and the Mini 10v (model 1011) are mainly the cpu, graphics and chipset. The 1010 has an Intel Atom Z520 cpu paired with the Intel GMA500 chipset which has inbuilt hardware acceleration for H.264/AVC and VC-1 (ie, it supposedly should play Blu-Ray movies). It is a DirectX 10 GPU, but needs Windows 7 to benefit from this. The 1011 has an Intel Atom N270 cpu paired with an Intel GMA950 chipset which, though faster than the GMA500, has no hardware acceleration for h.264 or VC-1 video. It is a DirectX 9.0c GPU.

The 1010 has an HDMI port, glossy 1024x600 screen with glossy 'edge-to-edge' surround and 1GB DDR2-533 ram, which cannot be upgraded as it is soldered onto the motherboard. It has a magnesium alloy case. The 1011 has the same 1024x600 glossy screen, but with a matte surround, replaces the HDMI port with VGA and has 1GB DDR2-533 ram which can be upgraded to 2GB (with difficulty, you have to remove the motherboard), and a plastic case.

Sorry about the long-winded discussion of the differences between the two models, but it took me over an hour to work out these differences before I finally decided on the 1010 because I want to install Windows 7 (Windows 7 will allow me to access the hardware accelerated parts and DirectX 10, so video performance should be better than Windows XP). I also noticed that the cheapest 1011s (the Mini 10v) have 8GB SSDs and Ubuntu 8.04, whereas for a few more Euros you can have Windows XP and a 160GB hard drive.

Great bargain to get a netbook like this for under €200 .....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

Have you link to item OP.
    I cant find mini 10s onsite, cheapest there was inspiron 1210 which worked out at 310 including delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Doesnt look like they are running free delivery in the outlet at the moment. How much is it? €20?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

Yes, they are doing free delivery! Only the VAT is not included.
    Make sure to sort by price, so the cheapest ones come to the top.
    4 left at 8.45, they are going fast...

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Can only see 1210s must be sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

the last 4 wet in a refresh for me, i had one selected and it didn't make it in to my cart in time, good deal though

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Thanks OP,

Was looking at one, it went away, many refreshes later one popped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks pauly3, picked up a Mini 10 (1010) for the other half with 160gb hdd and cherry red lcd back for €212.78 including VAT. I have been looking for a while for a netbook, lets see how this is - if she doesn't like it, it will be on adverts soon! :)

Thanks again for the tip off.

Estimated del. date 2009-09-24

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Bagged one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 audioline

Can this upgraded with a general 6 cell battery or would it need to be a dell specific one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Ordered a 1010 (160Gb version) last Monday from the outlet, expecting delivery today.

I got mine for 170 (- VAT), but when i looked yesterday the same spec machines has gone up 5 squids to 175.

There must be a mad demand for them for Dell to up the price so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

I got a 1011 yesterday, 6 cell battery , 160 hard drive, XP. I thought E212 was a great deal.

Now to get accessories... wireless mouse, carry case etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

I got th cherry red 1010 for 170 + VAT, total €207, earlier this morning, with free delivery.
    3-cell battery, 160GB HDD and Win XP. I'm sure Dell will add more later today, just look at the
    English Dell Outlet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Really want one of these but I've got a €249 voucher from CPW from the NTL deal... Why can't they stock the dells over here like they do in the uk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wclarke20

This may seem like a stupid question but take for example the first laptop on the page or the cheapest one![/font]
    Under the processor column, it says that there is no processor and when you click into the model it says the specs are 1.6GHz,533MHz,512KB
    Does this mean that memory is only 512kb and there’s no processor with it????

http://outlet.euro.dell.com/topics/global.aspx/arb/online/en/InventorySearch?c=ie&cs=iedfh1&l=en&lob=INSP&s=dfh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The 512kb refers to the cpu cache. There is a processor and it's clocked at 1.6ghz.

Just grabbed a 10v, 1.6ghz with a webcam and a 3cell battery for €212. Cheers OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

I cant see any?
    Does anyone have a link?

Damn they're selling fast...

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

4 systems gone in 2 seconds! :eek: Seems someone is adding them all to the cart together! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yep, its annoying... There was loads earlier when I didn't have my CC on me, now I do n there's none around...

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Keep watching and refreshing that page. If someone has it in their cart for more than 15 mins without purchasing, then it will reappear again.

On the main Dell site the Intel Atom Z520 mini seems more expensive than the Intel Atom N270 but in the outlet its cheaper! How come? Both systems I checked were with Windows XP. I don't remember exactly but the Z520 was around 212 and the other around 254 something.

Z520

N270

What exactly is "Embedded", "Intel® Virtualization Technology" and "Intel® Demand Based Switching"

I'm just waiting for one to pop up at around €155... Pref a Red one..

unklerosco wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for one to pop up at around €155... Pref a Red one..

Wishful thinking :p

Wishful thinking :p

Tell me bout it, had one in my cart earlier.. Had to leg it off to get my wallet, when I got back it was gone... haven't seen any since

£"*&$(*&"^(&^& There were something like 5 systems and I was replying to your post and lost them all! :(

My bad, I missed em cause I'm not sure weather to go for the LG X110 from the CPW or the dell... Hmmmmmm

Is it just me or have the prices gone up.. At the min they're not much cheaper than buying a brand new one...

• Advertisement

Can you getthe LG X110 free with the voucher or do you have to pay something? For 167 euros you cant go wrong!

Advertisement