Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POLL: Which stickers/decals look best on my Orbea Orca?

• 30-06-2009 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

So, which stickers/decals look best on my Orbea Orca? I did a quick Photoshop job to get a rough idea...let me know what you think! Also, feel free to come up with your own colours/design combinations because the guy can make anything I wish. This is a big decision for me as you can see...I just want it to look as good as possible! Hehe, please forgive me!

83964.jpg

83965.jpg

83966.jpg

83967.jpg

Which stickers/decals look best on my Orbea Orca? (See photo numbers) 30 votes

1st Picture
    0%
    2nd Picture
    26%
    blorgMr. SkeffingtonkenmccopaceticTheBanditflickerxCheGuedaraZipp101 8 votes
    3rd Picture
    23%
    DirkVoodooGlennaMaddyRunning Bingdavidsatelle100cunavalosRobFowlabcdggs 7 votes
    4th Picture
    50%
    GavinNietzscheansilvochristebxzBlowfishDerek Zoolanderdsaint1warrflaCaroline_iethebouldwhacker72hundredgazmckennyb3LastGasp 15 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Where's the "don't care" option?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

penexpers wrote: »
    Where's the "don't care" option?

A-Team_MrT_Shut_Up_Fool_t-shirt_small.jpg

...this is important!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

2nd Picture
    Why do the wheels need stickers again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

83977.jpg

The font is italicised so you'll go faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

4th Picture
    I went with 3, could have been 4 though, I reckon it'll look better in motion with a bit of red spun in, that just me tho. the B/W is just too.... plain imo.

Then again I am a fred:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

2nd Picture
    I actually like it without the decals at all, in the first picture. Not sure you need the red as the bike is otherwise very black and white, but I do notice you have red on seatpost and stem... If you are going to have the decals though "CORIMA" definitely in solid white like in 3. Maybe try that with the swooshes in white? As they are now, I'd say 1-3-2-4... I voted for 1... maybe actually 3 is best after all though. HTH :) Lovely bike and wheels by the way I hope you will be putting it to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

3rd Picture
    You will hopefully be going too fast for it to matter.

Hey guys come on, the young lad is spending a serious chunk of change on a very nice bike.

I am extremely jealous by the way, that orbea is dead sexeh! Put a few hours in on the rack though, you need more seatpost showing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

blorg wrote: »
    I actually like it without the decals at all, in the first picture. Not sure you need the red as the bike is otherwise very black and white, but I do notice you have red on seatpost and stem... If you are going to have the decals though "CORIMA" definitely in solid white like in 3. Maybe try that with the swooshes in white? As they are now, I'd say 1-3-2-4... I voted for 1... maybe actually 3 is best after all though. HTH :) Lovely bike and wheels by the way I hope you will be putting it to good use.

Maybe the following picture is something like what you were trying to describe:
    3675196610_0c076b75d1_o.jpg

There were 2 other black and white ones I had quickly designed but decided not to put them into the poll cause I didn't think they were the best. Anyway here they are (attachment "5th" and "6th" below), let me know what you think!

P.S. Thanks for all the advice and opinions. I know it is a sort of ridiculous topic, but please excuse it! The stickers are €36-€40...so I'm not spending too much on it. I got it for a good price, and believe me I am putting it to use (both training and racing competitively). I can definitely justify getting this bike, and I am glad ye think it looks so good just like I do! Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

3rd Picture
    P.S. Thanks for all the advice and opinions. I know it is a sort of ridiculous topic, but please excuse it!

There are no ridiculous topics on this forum.

2nd Picture
    I think No.3. Definitely No.3. Can a mod change my vote? I originally voted #1.

• Advertisement

4th Picture
    You cant change a vote on boards but you can for lisbon... what a system:D:D:D

2nd Picture
    You cant change a vote on boards but you can for lisbon... what a system:D:D:D
    As Lumen said, this is important

4th Picture
    So Ballyhoura.... The people have spoken, whats it gonna be???

I have ordered the stickers in the 3rd picture which look like these ones from the guy at Obostickers.com. I finally managed to find a way of contacting him, I don't know what I would have done otherwise! Haha

P.S. Look at his gallery of previously completed projects

He can do some pretty amazing things in my opinion at a very reasonable price. He's sound out aswell because he did a better price than usual for me. As it happens, the style/colour option I chose was the exact same as the one another customer had chosen but who had cancelled their order. As a result he does not have to make them for me and gave them to me for the same price as he does for his French customers here. They are usually €40 including shipping, but he reconsidered the price (now €35 all included: 8 stickers, shipping, plus one spare sticker just in case) after I showed him these ones on eBay for €36 delivered. He says that he used to make stickers with the same guy before and that he asked him for the "Corima Wheel Decal Design File" which leads me to believe that they are just mimics, an attempt at copying the original genuine logo. I am glad I went with Obostickers, because they seem to be made with some quality judging by the instructions page here.

Thanks for all the advice, especially to the people who voted! Cheers

Also, I will post up a picture when I put them on to see what you think! He is sending them off tomorrow because they are already made! :D

4th Picture
    Now this is one ugly looking bike

DSC01079.JPG

My french isnt the best, does he have a site in english?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

83966.jpg
    I think number 3 has the best "rob me" stickers...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Why ya wanna buy stickers for the wheels? Sure you're only adding more rotational mass!

I will confess to having the moo sticker on my Spesh

2030904.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

I have ordered the stickers in the 3rd picture which look like

That may be the biggest mistake you have ever made.... the 4th were so so so much better. TBH, asking here for advice on design is like going to Pennys for fashion advice :)

Raam wrote: »
    Why ya wanna buy stickers for the wheels? Sure you're only adding more rotational mass!

I will confess to having the moo sticker on my Spesh

2030904.jpg

I thought it said poo

• Advertisement

OP --- How did you miss these puppies ........

scott.jpg

Serioulsy though why not get something cool designed if your going to the trouble.... like a dancing lady :)....

Here are just a few quick pics of the build in progress with my new Corima wheel decals from obosticker.com. It makes it look a bit better I think but it's not completely ready yet!

Here is a picture from before with the old decals

Here is a picture during the process with no stickers at all, just blank and plain!

3699381924_a341b5a2f3_o.jpg

3698570919_5e4d6e6c25_o.jpg

3698571099_766e41fd02_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

There was me thinking I was being all cool and original by putting stickers on MY bike to make it look a little less butch. Hopefully no scummer in their right might would want to steal a bike covered in flowers, butterflies, ladybirds and lizards...

4th Picture
    Piste wrote: »
    a bike covered in flowers, butterflies, ladybirds and lizards...

What are you cycling, a garden?:)

Advertisement