Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron [** SPOILERS FROM POST 599 ONWARD **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thomas Kretschmann to play villain Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Looks like the fan theories get it right for a change. ;)
    It looks like Paul Bettany might very well have an expanded presence in Joss Whedon's upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron. England's The Daily Mail first reported and then Variety quickly confirmed that the actor will play android team member The Vision in the May 1, 2015 release.
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/290511-paul-bettany-to-play-the-vision-in-avengers-age-of-ultron#/slide/1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It'll be interesting to see if they tie it to Jarvis or just have Bettany as a completely unrelated character. It'd be hard to do with his distinctive voice though unless they change it.

The Vision and Scarlet Witch have quite the history too in the comics, so will be interesting to see if they take from those stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First look at Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.
    Scarlet-Witch-Avengers-466x700.jpg
    Quicksilver-Avengers1.jpg
    scarlet%20witch%20hawkeye.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Well, he looks better than Days Of Future Past's Quicksilver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

FunLover18 wrote: »

Yeah, from what I've seen of Evan Peters previous work I'm yet to be convinced he can pull off Quicksilver, but sure hopefully he'll prove us wrong

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Those set photos also included the first look at Ultron; or to be more specific, the head & shoulders stand-in, with the rest presumably being a CGI construct at a later point (though it'd be kinda hilarious if it wasn't):

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=96707

Ah now, wouldn't be hard. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Quicksilver looks like he's wearing a wig about half the size it should be which is just sitting on top of his normal hair.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Those set photos also included the first look at Ultron; or to be more specific, the head & shoulders stand-in, with the rest presumably being a CGI construct at a later point (though it'd be kinda hilarious if it wasn't):

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=96707

Are we it's Ultron? It doesn't look like the version in the teaser. Could it be Vision?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

This picture is hilarious

z58z.jpg

Needs to be 'shopped on to a bench beside Keanu.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,598 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

RDJ himself reposted this fan poster on his facebook page

10403726_300609440107528_2452980134388453273_n.jpg

Maybe he thinks they're onto something..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

The first part of the plot got leaked earlier in the week, SPOILERS!

http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-avengers-age-of-ultron-early-story-details-revealed

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I presume he'll be doing work for either Ultron or
    Vision

Have either of those actors been confirmed as donning the mo-cap suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

First look at Ultron.

avengers2-ewcover-full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

There´s a few more movie stills on this page... comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=103721
    all the guys looking relaxed... Scarlet Witch looking lovely...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They really did a number on Chris Evans' face, it barely looks anything like him. :rolleyes:

That's one sinister looking robot.

• Advertisement

So it has been announced that Sam Wilson, aka The Falcon (as played by Anthony Mackie in Cap America 2) is to be the new Captain America in the comics. I guess this will follow suit in the films, given how like most of the cast, Chris Evans only ever signed up for a limited number of films.

pixelburp wrote: »
    So it has been announced that Sam Wilson, aka The Falcon (as played by Anthony Mackie in Cap America 2) is to be the new Captain America in the comics. I guess this will follow suit in the films, given how like most of the cast, Chris Evans only ever signed up for a limited number of films.

He is signed up for 6 films with his current contract. Cameo's in the other films don't count.

So 2 Captain movies so far and 2 Avengers so far.

That would leave 1 one Cap and 1 more Avenger movie.

So another 5/6 years as Captian America for him.

So I am guess guessing a new Captian America , Iron Man and Thor will all be needed then.

link

Female Thor and Falcon Cap in the comics screams of Marvel cynically hedging their bets in anticipation of the future. TBH I feel they'd be better off just letting characters definitively bow out in the MCU and focus on bringing new characters to fruition.

I mean I can accept
    Bucky taking Rodgers' mantle
    as that is a storyline well established and anticipated, but I mean does anyone really want to see a 2nd, a 3rd incarnation of a character? It doesn't appeal at all to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya, that version looked crap but he turned out to be one of the best things in the film.

I have my doubts that The Avengers version will be a patch on the X-Men version in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Official poster montage thingy revealed.

10517516_10152387485768197_1293327384355650621_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Who's the red lady in the middle, and the guy with blue around him?

SuprSi wrote: »
    Who's the red lady in the middle, and the guy with blue around him?

Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Hmmmm the vision in the back too I think, first thought was magneto then realised dam it's not fox or who ever owns his rights :sigh:

In regards to Vision, you have to give Marvel props; they stay more or less faithful to the material.

And in unrelated but related; **** me if they snag Phoenix for Dr Strange. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Who's the floating person in the back with the cape?

Advertisement