Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifa Ultimate team 12 web app released!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

eh... where exactly do we go to use this web app? I cant find it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

The web app is down. Their expecting it back up around 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

3 gold keepers. All useless. What a waste :p

I'll take them! This are my packs:

If anyone gets Notts County crest ;)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Havent a Saloman Kalou

If i go to game stop now do i get any packs with the game?
    Have an ok fifa 11 team seem **** to start fresh again

You'll get the starter pack which is usually a collection of bronze players. They might still let you pre-order so you'd get in with that bonus.

The web app applies if you had set up a team before a certain date (can't remember when) and gives you two extra packs - I THINK it only applies if you use the web app though, and I'm not sure if that deal expires when the game comes out.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

got an all prem league midfield :) larsson,nolan,hargreaves and mata :D

niallith wrote: »
    got an all prem league midfield :) larsson,nolan,hargreaves and mata :D

That's it! You're on the list.....That's a nice haul.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Can't open the starter pack, service unavailable. Gah! Hopefully be up later or something.

• Advertisement

First web app competitions have been released.
    EA wrote:
    Top Squad Competition: Prizes will be awarded to Top Squads as per the Top Squad Monthly Leaderboard. If more than one squad has the same rating, the tiebreaker will be Club Value.

- 1st place:100,000 coins
    - Runners Up: 5 x 25,000 coins
    - Third place: 25 x Gold Premium Pack

Closing Date: Monday 26 September 11:59pm BST
    Winners announced: Monday 3 October

FUT Generations Competition: Prizes will be awarded to the most original squads, as judged by a top panel of experts at the FIFA studio.

The aim is to show your passion for your favourite team. All players in your team must be from the same club, as indicated on the card (so you could still have a Liverpool Torres, for example). The tiebreaker will be the number of FUT 12 players, then date and time of submission.

A bench is not mandatory. However, FUT12 players on the bench will count towards your total.

How to Enter: Head over to the official FIFA forum and send links to your Generations squad in a personal message to “EA_FLT” - our account on the forum. Send with your entry a brief summary of the squad theme and why you love it. The subject of your message should be "Generations Contest".

- 1st place: 100,000 coins
    - Runners Up: 5 x 25,000 coins
    - Third place: 25 x Gold Premium Pack

Closing Date: Monday 26 September 11:59pm BST
    Winners announced: Monday 3 October

I'm a little disappointed - a way for the rich to get richer...Especially annoying because that match ticker is now counting which means people are playing online. The early access was fine because it suited me :D But this means you have to be really lucky, good at trading (which seems to be where majority of money comes from) or just have early access and playing the actual game.

Would have thought EA would try to take focus away from trading. After all - it is the card packs and MS point spends that would feed into their pockets surely...

🤪

Lukaku from Chelsea was the only thing of note I got and hes only 78 so they were not very good packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The only thing of note I got was Ivica Olic from Bayern (ST - 80). I'll probably hang on to him for a while.

I bought Seamus Coleman (RM - 76) and John O'Shea (RB - 75) for a combined total of 950. Probably a waste in that I could probably buy higher rated players if I didn't blow coins straight away, but always nice to have a few players you like to start off with.

Ciaran Clark, James McCarthy, Wes Holoohan seem to be available for cheap enough too.

Whats the story with the Generations thing on this web app? Is there any use to it, in having your fifa 10 and fifa 11 team there too?

If you can create a team from one RL team (i.e. Real Madrid, Liverpool, Shamrock Rovers, etc), you can enter it in the competition...Otherwise no real point outside of making a dream team from former FUT editions that you played.

Long story short: no point

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Must admit I lol'd when I launched the web app and was greeted with:

"Welcome back HIV Eindhoven!"

Forgot that was my team name :p

Anyone else getting 'Sorry, the service you're trying to reach is unavailable at the moment' after pressing 'keep it' for your team name? Tried from home, and work, across several browsers - all the same.

Töpher wrote: »
    Anyone else getting 'Sorry, the service you're trying to reach is unavailable at the moment' after pressing 'keep it' for your team name? Tried from home, and work, across several browsers - all the same.

Yeah i got that as well mate but I think I just refreshed the page and it was grand after.

Every time I set up my starting 11 in "my squad" and it asks do i want to save the changes i press yes but then it says "an error has occurred" and nothing has saved which is quite annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Woodgate, Ramires, Pandev, Chivu, Kakuta and Diamanti. Best of the lot from my 2 gold packs.

obama-not-bad.png

Got some other random golds and silvers too, but nothing special.

Sold Lukaku for 2,700.

Happy with that he was only 78.

Bought Thiago (Barcelona - 79) for 600 points so I'm going to try and pick up a few cheap players that I like with the coins.

EDIT: Feels like football manager in pre season when your trying to get some new signings in for the new season :D

• Advertisement

I got Pandev, Leon Osman and Matty Etherington.

Meh.

How are people getting on with the daily gifts?

Got a mini silver pack (rubbish really...) and got 1,000 coins today (yay, though I may have misspent initially - have some money tied up in contracts that won't sell til a couple of days into game)

🤪

I got a mini-gold pack as my daily gift today.

The best card was Alan Pardew.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I got 2,500 coins as my daily gift today. That'll do nicely. I've managed to sell all the random lads I got in packs to raise so more cash. Down -1,100 net, but got some players who I actually like:

GK
    O'Shea
    CB
    CB
    LB
    Coleman---CM---Sergio Canales---Diego Capel
    Michael Owen
    Ivica Olic

3,800 coins. This is by far my favourite part of the whole Ultimate Team thing. Scraping around, trying to get half decent players for a bargain to fit them in.

Nice! I got a mini bronze pack today :( Kit will probably be kept. Already discarded 2 cards and the last was a contract which doesn't come into play until next week.

Have a team of N Power players - any N Power division...Also doubles as a bronze English side. Getting there with an ok Serie A side as well. Don't have time at the moment to scrape around for deals, but it is interesting and I have one eye on the app...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

When i try to sign up for the UT web app, it says that i should first buy or Fifa 12.

I just created a fifa 11 ultimate team 2 days ago. Wont i be able to access them through the online app?

Was there a time limit on before which you had to create a ultimate team in fifa 11 before you can start using the web app?

I have already pre ordered fifa 12 via gamestop.

Yeah, think it was August that you had to have a FUT11 to get early access. Pre-ordering will get you a couple of extra gold packs over the next few months though.

🤪

Töpher wrote: »

Seems there's a few lads on the EA forums suffering from this. Not many, but it seems to be an EA issue rather than on my end. Pretty frustrating, I'm lagging behind by the day! :o

I always just play 4-4-2 and only have my center midfield sorted so far.

Javi Martinez - Athletic Bilbao
    Thiago - Barcelona

Wanted to get Vidal from Juventus but he was a bit out of my price range.

Love to have the game now to play a few games to get some coins haha.

• Advertisement

Picked up Raúl at a Buy it now for 500 coins! Happy with that, since hes a 81 a slots into my CF position nicely for the time being. Have my chemistry up to 55 so far also.

Advertisement