Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway Cavity wall Insulation Suppliers - recommendations please

Options
  • 01-09-2011 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good cavity wall insulation supplier in town?
    Is it a messy job and how long does it take usually?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Rec PM'd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Our landlady used Ecowise, they were really good, not a messy job at all, they drill holes about the size of €2 coin and pump in the beads. It's a bit noisy when it's going in but it's really worth it for the heat you keep in all year round!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

www.ecoseal.ie after pricing around they came in at the best price so they are coming on 15th Sept to do the job.
    Don't forget to apply for the grant if your house is build before 2005.
    www.seai.ie It will prob be one of the things that will go in the Dec budget but once you apply for it, it is valid for 6mts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Hmmm I logged on to start exactly the same thread!

Biko would you please PM me your recommendation too?

I was asking around and heard that some operations don't do a good job of filingl the cavity walls well at all.I know of someone who had a one of those photos taken that let's you see how much heat is escaping from your home done after they got the insulation and discovered their walls were less than half filled.

Is anyone aware of a company in Galway that does a before and after photo or who offers some sort of proof that a good job was done?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

I used West Coast Insulation - http://myinsulation.ie/ They did a fantastic job, really professional. Without a doubt the house is much warmer - got it done about this time last year and used less oil during the freezing winter than ever before plus the house is much cozier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

Biko would you please PM your recommendation to me too. In the process of getting quotes for Cavity Wall Insulation too. Seems the simpler you keep it the better. So many choices once you start investigating! :eek:

Pms sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 adam129

hi i found cozybead insulation very good. they were the cheapest of them all and were very tidy .with a promt service i hope that helps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

adam129 wrote: »
    hi i found cozybead insulation very good. they were the cheapest of them all and were very tidy .with a promt service i hope that helps.:)

Welcome to boards.ie:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

biko wrote: »
    Rec PM'd

Hio biko id appreciate it if you could recommend whos best for job done and price and if ya knwo who to avoid as want to get house done soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭aah yes

West coast insulation, top job, best of 5 quotes, probably the best job overall amongst the quotes.

does anyone know if theres any difference between using rockwool blown in insulation and rolled out insulation for the attic?if there is a difference what is it and why? any advice muchly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭DanielI

biko wrote: »
    Rec PM'd

Hi Biko- would you please PM me your recommendation?
    I'm getting various offers which are quite different.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Darkslcie

didn't want to start a new thread so i might as well dig up this one :)

Biko, if you can find the PM i'd love to see it to, Would be interested to know how everyone got on and if _Whimsical_ got his before and after photos?

Check with the guys I PMd to see if they were happy with the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Hi Biko,

Any chance you could PM me also?

I realise this is an old thread. I would be interested in hearing how others got on with the providers they ended up using. The house I want insulated has a red brick front, and I'm worried the holes will be obvious afterwards. Has anyone had a red brick house done that could speak to that concern?

Thanks,

Ronan

It's years ago. I don't remember who I recommended.
    I'm sure someone else will offer a suggestion.

we got west coast insulation and there was definitely a massive improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I've had quotes from three suppliers. I didn't feel like there was any clear winner, and the prices were fairly similar. Has anyone used Dinneen Insulation? If so, I'd be interested in hearing how you found them.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭blackeyes

West Coast insulation were fab, no mess left behind, we got blown rock wool in attics & beads in the exterior walls. 2 years on & the house stays warmer longer :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement