Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blank page when try to edit post

Options
  • 18-01-2015 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Maybe its because this is a new account but when I click to edit a post I get a blank page.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

That shouldn't be the case, is it happening all the time or just on one specific post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Sh3m

Dav wrote: »
    That shouldn't be the case, is it happening all the time or just on one specific post?

Happening for any post I have tried to edit, in AH, here, in test. It works fine on firefox but just gives me a blank page on Chrome and Internet explorer. I disabled all extensions and cleared the cache etc but still just blank.

You can briefly see the edit options when the button is click before the page goes blank.

Here's a gif of whats happening. i.imgur.com/T8w1hYt.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Also having this exact issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

OK, thank you for that (never thought to ask for animated GIF's from people for stuff, you're a genius). I'll bump this up the technical food chain and see what the team makes of it.

I don't know if this is relevant, but despite having over 50 posts, I'm still unable to post images or links due to being a "new user"?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,051 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Your account doesn't meet the 10 days requirement, it's only 5 days old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭username000

Same thing happening me, still. I reported it 5 days ago in HelpDesk and was just given a curt response that its a known issue and been reported several times in Site Development.

Well its still happening.

Just FYI - I've stopped having the problem with editing posts once my account reached both 50 posts and ten days activity.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement