Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballincollig regional park playground

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

hoodwinked wrote: »
    they would really want to sort out the parking first though, even with the spaces they are currently working on it will be overflowing if they have another day like today,

having two movable food vans taking up more spaces is an even worse idea and tbh it stopped me spending my money there.

today a council man had to stop cars from entering the car park as there were so many vehicles waiting on spaces to open up.

jaysis, and thats on a Wednesday!
    TBF though, I'm glad the little cafe thing (cafe Chico?) is there, it isn't taking up a whole lot of space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

jaysis, and thats on a Wednesday!
    TBF though, I'm glad the little cafe thing (cafe Chico?) is there, it isn't taking up a whole lot of space.

it would be better off on the paved/grass area though, or in the park itself by some of the picnic benches.

but yeah it was really bad today, cars even parked up on the stepped grass area's :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

hoodwinked wrote: »
    they would really want to sort out the parking first though, even with the spaces they are currently working on it will be overflowing if they have another day like today,

having two movable food vans taking up more spaces is an even worse idea and tbh it stopped me spending my money there.

today a council man had to stop cars from entering the car park as there were so many vehicles waiting on spaces to open up.

I agree completely- the car park is not big enough. I have noticed people parking in Lidl car park and walking down- I'm now doing that aswel because I got fed up of being squished into tight parking spots and or being blocked in by another car- which happened twice recently! On a positive note it's a fab park, think they've done a great job on he refurbishment.
    Edited to add:
    And when it's the bridge there getting traffic lights??? !

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I was down there yesterday with my son and the place was buzzing, great fun was had by all
    -Toppy-

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

Took a visit during the week but they had closed the car park. Fella on the gate waving people away. 3 unhappy children. Cart before the horse again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Sleephead wrote: »
    Took a visit during the week but they had closed the car park. Fella on the gate waving people away. 3 unhappy children. Cart before the horse again.

there is another car park behind the church if that ever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

U could park by Lidl and walk down? Have been doing that myself for the last few weeks as the car park really gets on my nerves- only so much if other peoples cardoors banging off my own that someone can take- that's when there's a free spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

What a great amenity . First time out there today. Kids loved it and great walk next to river. Parking is a disaster though. That and the near fist fight two grown men had in the kids play area but other than that I was well impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

I should have added that it is indeed a superb amenity.

Just a shame the infrastructure can't take the traffic.

Advertisement