Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

spurs v chelsea

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Yeah but I knew Villa would roll over today, hoping they might drop points in other games.

Im watching soccer saturday and they said Arse have been hammering villa and should be even more than 2 up at half time....

Its a pity Jenas is injured for them still.
    Im sure he would have been the game changer:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

davycc wrote: »
    Im watching soccer saturday and they said Arse have been hammering villa and should be even more than 2 up at half time....

Its a pity Jenas is injured for them still.
    Im sure he would have been the game changer:D

He did always like a goal against them, 3 that i can remember anyway.

He did always like a goal against them, 3 that i can remember anyway.

well I can only remember his 1 in carling cup semi win where he ran from half way line beating about 4 players en route :cool:

Ahh for the good old days of berba and keano;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Yeah but I knew Villa would roll over today, hoping they might drop points in other games.

Villa can't cope and are yet to have a shot on goal... Feel for Villa fans, how their board ever thought McLeish would be a good appointment is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

arsenal still have chelsea and man city to play plus some tricky away games. we have none of the big teams so we should be able to push arse for 3rd. we need recapture our form where we won like 6 games in a row

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Big result today, I'm fairly confident we'll finish 4th but got to be pushing on for 3rd now. Arsenal don't have it yet but we need a good run just in case the unthinkable happens and we finish 4th then Chelsea go on and win the CL.

Liverpool have become almost comical and I honestly believe they won't finish top 7.

davycc wrote: »
    well I can only remember his 1 in carling cup semi win where he ran from half way line beating about 4 players en route :cool:

Ahh for the good old days of berba and keano;)

I was at the Lane for his 95th minute equaliser in the derby and I also remember he scored a beaut in the 4-4 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

One thing I'll say after today. Gallas looks far safer than King has in recent weeks.

Kold wrote: »
    One thing I'll say after today. Gallas looks far safer than King has in recent weeks.

You know it's sad but true...

stoke 1nil up v man city too crouch with a 30yard dipping half volley into the top corner:D

City look like they are gonna drop points today as well.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

You know it's sad but true...

are you joking ? both actually look very weak and poor.

were ye not watching the first half when chelsea played a long ball over the top, gallas tried to duck out of the way and it just hit him on the back and chelsea were nearly through, it was embarrassing stuff

i do like the way he got hold of vdv in the second half , you could see him telling him to stay forward. vdv nodded his head and off he went, good to see him listening to someone but in short king and gallas are both finished

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Much better performance today.happy enough with the draw but we could have won it,hopefully this will be the start of a run of good results for us but goals have become scarce lately,we must rectify that if we are going to push on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Playing Sandro and Parker is a waste of a midfield spot. Sandro didn't have a job today and as such did very little. Crying out for Gio imo with Lennon injured.

Not sure if he is better that King but Gallas had an excellent game today that's for sure.I think he's a class defender.

I was at the Lane for his 95th minute equaliser in the derby and I also remember he scored a beaut in the 4-4 game.

Hmmm I must have been on the Cider something serious not to have remembered those:D Having said that I hope Villa keep him permanantly;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

tippspur wrote: »
    Not sure if he is better that King but Gallas had an excellent game today that's for sure.I think he's a class defender.

I must have seen a different game to you

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Delighted with the 2nd half performance, should have sneaked it. Onwards and upwards.

COYS

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Delighted with the 2nd half performance, should have sneaked it. Onwards and upwards.

COYS

Two home wins this week would make things look a lot rosier, easier said than done of course :D

mickman wrote: »
    are you joking ? both actually look very weak and poor.

Agreed that both look poor but, King has played twice as much first team football this season compared to Gallas who just returned...? Gallas was still running come 90mins away to Chelsea. King at 90mins away to Man City, well nobody wants to talk about that but you get the jist....

All I'm really saying is that I think it's time to accept - hard that it is - Ledley is no longer fit/sharp enough to play at the level that we at Spurs aspire to be at. Cue the return of Steven Caulker from Swansea this summer who's having a great season at Swansea..

http://aggbot.com/Lates-Tottenham-Hotspur-News/article/16477226
    Article in praise of the Kaboul/ Gallas combo

• Advertisement
Advertisement