Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I hate essays and I hate myself for not starting them sooner! :mad::mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i know how you feel :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Kiera wrote: »
    I hope everyone is out in the sunshine and I didn't kill the thread? :p

i watched torchwood
    then did some singing
    now i have to study

the curtains are closed and i do not want to know about sunshine :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

i'm jumping on the essay train. it's so complicated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've got swelling around the joint of my toe and the ball of the foot underneath the toe is SO sore. Think there might be some muscle damage. It feels so odd. I'd imagine it's what a dislocation feels like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Babybuff wrote: »
    last night I posted about quitting my job, today I went for coffee and found a new one. So I did the right thing and got drunk with my new workmates.

Nice one Babybuff, well done! :D
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've got swelling around the joint of my toe and the ball of the foot underneath the toe is SO sore. Think there might be some muscle damage. It feels so odd. I'd imagine it's what a dislocation feels like.

That sounds weird and incredibly uncomfortable. :eek:

Lads, this weather is unreal! :D

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    That sounds weird and incredibly uncomfortable. :eek:

Very much so. I have no idea how this has come about though. It was kind of sore on Thursday and has escalated from there.

I was almost concussed on Tuesday and nearly had my arm broken on Wednesday but this...I have no idea how I managed this!

Very much so. I have no idea how this has come about though. It was kind of sore on Thursday and has escalated from there.

I was almost concussed on Tuesday and nearly had my arm broken on Wednesday but this...I have no idea how I managed this!

Jeepers, you've been in the wars Mars Bar! How did you break your arm?

I think I might go outside soon. :)

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Jeepers, you've been in the wars Mars Bar! How did you break your arm?

I think I might go outside soon. :)

I almost broke it! Playing football every day and it's intense! Injuries happen but it was really pick on Mars this week.

Ouchie! Be careful out there Mars Bar. :)

I'm going for a walk in a bit to get some of the choc chip cookie mix. I tried them from scratch and they didn't turn out as I expected.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was going to practice typing for a bit and work on my piano sightreading for an hour or so but somehow I've found myself at the busstop on my way to the beach. Ooops.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

+1 except I'm working on a project, stuck inside all day! Only good thing is that I've decided to use my new printer to print off the stuff - all shiny and new :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Barbecue time!

Whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Re-arranged my entire room last night and it looks great now. Which tired me out and I slept in this morning.

Woke up and lay in bed listening to all the happenings outside and the bbq smells while cuddling with boyfriend and the kitties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I almost broke it! Playing football every day and it's intense! Injuries happen but it was really pick on Mars this week.

And this is why I don't do sport! :P

(Just kidding! I like sport these days but I was a serial PE avoider when I was young..convinced that is why I have never even broken a nail!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

What a lovely day! Did a huge kitchen clean out, took the fridge apart and washed everything, the whole shebang. In work now for the night, boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

musical.x wrote: »
    i'm jumping on the essay train. it's so complicated :(

All aboard!!!!!!!..............I've one to hand in tomorrow and then another two to face into:(

HELP..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Feeling tearful and glum today despite the sun shining, haven't pOsted here in a bit, but bloody glad I looked at the caca milis pics on the page! Yum x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Trying to read my book in the back garden. Puppy is furious at this blatant attention-giving to something that is not him and trying to eat the book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Have fallen in to a black hole of time today since I got access to the R&R thread. I spent a good portion of the day literally reading two of the threads. It's nice to have a section of boards to go when you're rightly pissed off, have your rant and be done with it!

For the portion of the day that I wasn't on R&R, I was looking at cars to buy online. Looks like even if my car isn't a complete write off, which I'm of the opinion it is, and one of the lads in work had a look at it yesterday and said it looks like the chassis is damaged, I'm getting a new/new to me anyway car. Having been in an accident in my current car, I don't think I'd feel safe in it again even if it was fixable, and for the damage done and the worth of the car, I'm thinking it'd be cheaper to write it off. I'm looking at either a Toyota Yaris (which I have already, just newer model) or an Auris. Have my heart set on something with a/c, an mp3/cd radio and that is silver, because the dirt doesn't show up half as much! I'm not that difficult to please!

So all that time spent on being unproductive, when really I should have been working on a literature review that's due in on Friday. At least I have the whole week off to do it, in between I'd say being dragged around a few car dealerships by my dad, and going to a crash repairs crowd in the morning to get quotations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Daylight savings always throws me. I keep looking at the clock and going "wtf? how is it this late?!" - it's only an hour but jaysus it makes a huge difference.

The phrase daylight savings time reminded me of this...

I'm not a lunatic, that phrase is part of the lyrics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Think I drunk texted half the people on my fone last nite :o was worth it though :D

Feel really blessed, I walked into café bar yesterday pondering what I was going to do with my unemployment and bumped into manager there and thought I'd chance my arm asking her was there anything going, turns out one of the girls in the kitchen handed in her notice five minutes previously so when she asked did I have any experience working in a kitchen I was like hells yeah. Dropped in CV and she pretty much said it was just a matter of hanging on a couple of weeks. Met some of the regular staff out last night and they told me she only wanted my cv because she couldn't remember my name but that it was pretty much a sure thing. (apparently manager said loads of nice things about me too which helps)

Reason I left my last job was because I was being fupped over by guy I was working with, wouldn't mind but I gave him the job in the first place. I did it because I had been out of work for three years and knew how difficult it was to be there and I really didn't want to see him in the same situation when he lost his job. We bent over backwards to accommodate him and I thought I was doing him a favour. Turns out when it comes down to it he would be only to eager to see me in that boat. So I really feel like the god's looked kindly on me this weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

mariebeth wrote: »
    Have fallen in to a black hole of time today since I got access to the R&R thread. I spent a good portion of the day literally reading two of the threads. It's nice to have a section of boards to go when you're rightly pissed off, have your rant and be done with it!

For the portion of the day that I wasn't on R&R, I was looking at cars to buy online. Looks like even if my car isn't a complete write off, which I'm of the opinion it is, and one of the lads in work had a look at it yesterday and said it looks like the chassis is damaged, I'm getting a new/new to me anyway car. Having been in an accident in my current car, I don't think I'd feel safe in it again even if it was fixable, and for the damage done and the worth of the car, I'm thinking it'd be cheaper to write it off. I'm looking at either a Toyota Yaris (which I have already, just newer model) or an Auris. Have my heart set on something with a/c, an mp3/cd radio and that is silver, because the dirt doesn't show up half as much! I'm not that difficult to please!

So all that time spent on being unproductive, when really I should have been working on a literature review that's due in on Friday. At least I have the whole week off to do it, in between I'd say being dragged around a few car dealerships by my dad, and going to a crash repairs crowd in the morning to get quotations.
    To be honest, I wouldn't be choosing either. I've had a few friends have minor accidents in their Yaris and each one crumpled up into a little ball, I'd hate to see one after a serious accident. The Auris is the same, by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Had an awesome day in the park with my friends. Loving the good weather :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Daylight savings always throws me. I keep looking at the clock and going "wtf? how is it this late?!" - it's only an hour but jaysus it makes a huge difference.
    I was just going to post this! I'm always confused the day after the clocks go forward.. I'm thrown by the missing hour. It's bright when it shouldn't be and my body clock gets mightily perplexed. :o

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

mariebeth wrote: »
    I'm looking at either a Toyota Yaris (which I have already, just newer model) or an Auris. Have my heart set on something with a/c, an mp3/cd radio and that is silver, because the dirt doesn't show up half as much! I'm not that difficult to please!

A relative has an Auris which I have to drive from time to time and I hate it. The whole gearstick area is attached to the front and dash and feels very restrictive. If you dropped something in the footwell of the passenger side or it slid off the seat you have to not only stop the car, but have to get out, go around to the passenger side and get it. There are loads of little cubby holes but to be honest, they end up getting filled up with crap,even reaching over to the glove box is a pain because of the centre console and you still cant easily reach for things like CD's while driving safely because they are too awkward to get to.

When you have your lights on, the dash backlight darkens - I like to have my dipped lights on during the day for oncoming cars driving into the sun, but then I cant see (without taking my eyes off the road and peering at the dash) what speed I'm doing! kinda important I think!

It guzzled petrol too, compared to the deisal passat and deisal ford focus I used on the same journey.

Seriously test drive one fully before buying. If I was given a brand new one for free I'd sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Really wish I hadn't been working today while the weather was so nice. Also, patience was not a virtue for many of our customers today :(

Essays, essays, essays....rabble rabble

Hope everyone who was off got to enjoy the sunshine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the sheer ignorance of people is beyond me these days, had this fella earlier start a conversation like this

"yeah my phones not working, whats wrong with it?"
    "ok whats the issue with it?"
    "its not working!"
    "I mean specifically, calls, texts, internet?"
    "calls! sure its a phone isnt it!"
    "o...k...and is it with making or recieving?"
    "ah here look just fix it! *hangs up*
    "..well my work here is done"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement