Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

You seem to be making great progress Jimmy. In comparison to posts I've read from you at earlier dates. Good on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Lovely the newspaper has a feature called looking for love and sex in Ireland. This will be a fun read!.

Any good??? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

handbagmad wrote: »
    Any good??? :)

Twas a pity I was working because it'd easily send me to sleep. Same tired old cliches rolled out.

How are you getting on?.

Twas a pity I was working because it'd easily send me to sleep. Same tired old cliches rolled out.

How are you getting on?.

Im ok small momentary lapse last night. Cut myself only a small one. Not beating myself up about it though. **** happens

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Im ok small momentary lapse last night. Cut myself only a small one. Not beating myself up about it though. **** happens

Good approach to that.. Sometimes the guilt and self hatred are more damaging than what you did. What's done is done - keep on keepin on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

feeling really uneasy today. working away, wanted to get in early but slept til normal time. I'm not beating myself up over it though, as handbagmad is also advocating! I have some good reasons for sleep being all over the place this week. I got started a little later than expected but tis grand.

Have a Skype interview tomorrow and I'm prepping for that. Thing is I dont want the job, for various personal reasons, and I think Im just unmotivated for that. But as it's a "presentation" style and I'll be talking for a few hours to everyone I'm obv nervous. I feel bad about potentially wasting their time, which is dumb. I was hoping if I got offered something it would help my confidence and I might be able to talk to the last place I applied to. But I'm just not bothered giving this 100%, which is unnerving for me. Gonna CBT it a bit and see if I can make sense of my feelings.

Edit: I'm due to go for an exercise class later but am tempted to postpone cos I'm so overwhelmed with the job thing, but feel bad for postponing. I've been really good about exercising so I'm worried that I'm slipping back into not being bothered about stuff again. Will see how I get on with the working day I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Will try ringing the doctor again tomorrow. Wanted to do it last week but I got too scared. We'll see if it works out this time. I might be too scared again. Or they mightn't have an appointment free again. There's always something..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I was in A&E the other day, and it suddenly occurred to me that even if I can someone recover, I've wrecked my body. I don't know how to come back from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Chiquitita

Having a really bad couple of weeks/well months really since this all kicked off.
    Mind is doing cartwheels. Need a new zyprexa prescription but that would mean going to the doctor and telling him that all is not what it appears to be.

Seems like every single day my only wish is to be asleep at night. Being chirpy and trying to hide it from everyone when on the inside I'm caving in slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I can't believe I'm gone so far backwards. Afraid to even go to supervalue this all happened after I had my little girl who's now 3 but I got myself well and had been in work a year and a half....can this happen? Is it normal?

• Advertisement

Cloud, the body is surprisingly resilient, i'm 35 and have given it dogs abuse in my time, i'm pretty ok.. When i'm feeling kinda ok in myself i realise how lucky it is that physically i'm so well able to heal and recover.

Chiquitita, you don't have to pretend to be chirpy, i've found it too draining personally, just maintain a neutral if you can. That way when you do sleep you are giving yourself a head start on recovery mentally..

Pinkstars, unfortunately mental illness doesn't do a linear recovery the way a bruise or broken bone would be, but try not to get discouraged, you have been in a more positive place, remember you can be there again.

Best of luck to you all, as always, people in this thread are in my thoughts, keep on keepin on..

Managed to find a doctor that opens late on a Monday.
    Built up the courage to phone them today.
    First time I rang- voicemail- they were on lunch break.
    Rang again after lunch.
    Asked for an appointment 6pm monday.
    The doctor is on a day off monday...:mad::mad::mad:
    Seriously?
    I'm trying. It's so hard and I'm trying. It just feels like it's not meant to happen.
    Feel like giving up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It's a setback phi but can you go tomorrow?

It's a setback phi but can you go tomorrow?

They only open late on a Monday so nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Back on mirtazapine tonight after a week of severe anxiety. 15mg. Was on it for 7 months and came off it 6 weeks ago. Hopefully it works as fast as it did they first time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

Is there anyone to talkto without going on the phone? Some online thing for help?

Is there anyone to talkto without going on the phone? Some online thing for help?

wecanhelp@aware.ie

Ok so.
    I've been talking to this really nice guy online for a few weeks. Now i'm freaking out. Whilst I am flattered and to be honest a little bit of a confidence boost(he likes me after seeing a photo which must mean i'm less of an ugly fat oger I think I am:eek:)
    I don't think it's a good time in my life right now...where as another part of me is longing to meet him.

I don't know maybe just stay chatting till im more stable.

I know really and my therapist says its not the right time i've to work on myself first.
    :(

edit: self obsorbed post.
    How is everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ok so.
    I've been talking to this really nice guy online for a few weeks. Now i'm freaking out. Whilst I am flattered and to be honest a little bit of a confidence boost(he likes me after seeing a photo which must mean i'm less of an ugly fat oger I think I am:eek:)
    I don't think it's a good time in my life right now...where as another part of me is longing to meet him.

I don't know maybe just stay chatting till im more stable.

I know really and my therapist says its not the right time i've to work on myself first.
    :(

edit: self obsorbed post.
    How is everyone?

Paralysis by analysis . . I used to suffer horribly from this and still do but to a much lessor degree . .

One thing I would say is despite this trait, I try not to let it get in the way of meeting people. I met my wife when I was near my worst (emotionally/depressive). That was 14 years ago and we are now happily married , house, kids, dogs, bunnies . .

I know it may not always work out, but I believe one of the techniques of trying to get out of the "overthinking" cycle I regular get stuck in, is by simply taking an action. Sh*tting or getting off the pot so to speak...

Since you asked the question, looking at it from an impartial perspective, I would ask why did you begin the online relationship ?

If you really want to meet somebody , you can either wait until you are feeling more grounded (which may take time) or you can try to just go for it and accept what comes of it . .

I don't say these things lightly. I get anxious when asked out to simple social situations and pick and choose when to go out. I would hate to be trying to find a partner even after extensive rehabilitation. But, in other aspects of my life where I struggle, I am beginning to push myself out of my comfort zone and trust that I can only live my life the way I am today. If I do nothing and remain in my "protection" mode where I am afraid of many things people find easy, then I believe I am not really living, Im just waiting for things to get better . .

Drumpot

Its more of an online friendship, kinda started by accident. I guess it started because I am very lonely.
    I hear what you are saying about you meeting the love of your life whilst going through your own thing but really my body confidence and I suppose my confidence in general is very low.

I've told him anyway i'm not already i'm not ready to meet yet.
    Obviously, he doesnt know about my situation (TMI for someone I dont know really yet)

It just gave me a little lift to talk to someone "normally" albeit on-line and forget about depression/anxiety for a little while.

Pity cause we get on well and have great chats but I suppose that's a lot easier to do online rather than face to face.

• Advertisement

I have this debilitating condition. I take a cocktail of meds for it and see a therapist. Just wondering do many more on this site have it. If left untreated mine turns into depression. My symptoms are

Feeling very nervous through all my waking hours
    Feeling keyd up/agitation and restless
    Fear of impending doom
    Extreme anxiety
    Insomnia/off my food
    Sad, hopeless

As I said I am being treated for it but when the anxiety comes to pay me a visit I get extremely worried that I won't come out of it and get better.
    I think having children makes it harder for me to sit and wait it out and have patience because I feel as a mother its obviously my duty to look after them and I have to be at my best to take care of them. So it breaks my heart when I am sick from it.

DRUMPOT

Its more of an online friendship, kinda started by accident. I guess it started because I am very lonely.
    I hear what you are saying about you meeting the love of your life whilst going through your own thing but really my body confidence and I suppose my confidence in general is very low.

I've told him anyway i'm not already i'm not ready to meet yet.
    Obviously, he doesnt know about my situation (TMI for someone I dont know really yet)

It just gave me a little lift to talk to someone "normally" albeit on-line and forget about depression/anxiety for a little while.

Pity cause we get on well and have great chats but I suppose that's a lot easier to do online rather than face to face.

As Drumpot said, the overthink will mess stuff up, as it stands ye communicate well, that may or may not lead to meeting each other at some point. Don't stress yourself.. Stuff sometimes happens on a slow path.. Let it..

+1 for following the natural path. You have to remember that nobody has the power to hurt you unless you give it to them :) (not give it to them as in 'the ride' i should say :P)

+1 for following the natural path. You have to remember that nobody has the power to hurt you unless you give it to them :) (not give it to them as in 'the ride' i should say :P)

ok so I must not dwell on it then. I'll see what happens.

Ha ha call me jimmy It must be spring in the air. "the ride" as you so eloquently put it is prob all i need.
    wait did i actually just say that.

Ah sur 'tis unnatural not to be getting some. I'm a two year long-termer here and sometimes I think I'm going batsh!t crazy specifically for want of the ride (and also the whole closeness and affection thing). But as a guy ye get a massive confidence boost along with it being class.

Ah well... *twiddles thumbs*

So second day on zispin. Yesterday I felt a lot of relief from anxiety but disappointingly today not as good. I know it will take a week or so till it starts kicking in but so disheartening when you have a great day followed by a not so good one.

Ah sur 'tis unnatural not to be getting some. I'm a two year long-termer here and sometimes I think I'm going batsh!t crazy specifically for want of the ride (and also the whole closeness and affection thing). But as a guy ye get a massive confidence boost along with it being class.

Ah well... *twiddles thumbs*

ha ha. 2.5 years here call me jimmy. Born again....

Anyway back on topic. Good form today hope it lasts

Fierce mood swings again here.. Sometimes it takes less than a minute.. It's head wrecking and exhausting..

Oh well, How is everyone doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

lukesmom wrote: »
    So second day on zispin. Yesterday I felt a lot of relief from anxiety but disappointingly today not as good. I know it will take a week or so till it starts kicking in but so disheartening when you have a great day followed by a not so good one.

I have GAD and Mirap (Zispin) really really helped me. It took me around three weeks to get use to the med and slowly but surely my anxiety went down. I still get days were I'm shaking for no reason and always fearing something, but it does get better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Very glad for the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement