Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lex123

Philyrocks wrote: »
    lex123 wrote: »

This is only for before o kefees thou!!!

oh i no ya but sure at least it sumting!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tm_tipperary

Hi, anybody know where I can get old video's copied on to dvd's in the Clonmel area?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hi, anybody know where I can get old video's copied on to dvd's in the Clonmel area?

The Photographer/Videographer opposite Subway should be able to sort you out for that. Can't remember his name off the top of my head but he's done it for someone I know anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tm_tipperary

thanks for that I'll try them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Philyrocks

pooch90 wrote: »
    Could be fun if it's not a jailbait fest as said above or a skanger fest.
    Can anyone who does go give updates?
    Was a great night, no skangers or anything, loads of bouncers and absolutely no trouble, i must have bowled for a good hour and a half:D Looking forward to this sat! hopefully there will be more taxis for after, had to wait like 15 minutes for one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭pooch90

Philyrocks wrote: »
    Was a great night, no skangers or anything, loads of bouncers and absolutely no trouble, i must have bowled for a good hour and a half:D Looking forward to this sat! hopefully there will be more taxis for after, had to wait like 15 minutes for one!

Thanks for the update.
    Must check it out over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭cml387

Has anyone heard a rumour that the Old Bridge will remain closed for traffic indefinitely,but pedestrian access will be allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Has anyone noticed whether the VAT reduction is being passed on or not in Clonmel??
    I got a Chinese takeaway saturday which was still the same price since last week!!
    and i noticed a certain restaruant had an early bird offer about a month or so ago which had a banner advertising meals at €9.95 but after the government announced that the VAT rate was going to be reduced, had changed their banner to €10.95, wonder was this a cynical move in advance of the reduction and then claim that they are passing on the reduction to the public??

Has the cinema reduced their tickets and stuff?

What about the hair dressers?

:(

Peter Mark definitely charging less but not sure about independent places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Lyons' chipper hasn't passed on the Vat Reduction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

Bit outside Clonmel but the Old Convent in Clogheen had not passed on the reduction last weekend and for a table of four that meant a considerable bonus to the owners. In fact I'm pretty sure nothing I bought all week was reduced and that's been in Clonmel, Limerick and Waterford. Any time I challenged people about it staff who had previously been fluent in English were suddenly reduced to "I doon't under...... stand. You need speek manager. He no here".

From what I read in the papers only 20% of outlets are passing it on. Rip off republic is alive and well. It's survival of the fittest and the small businesses of Ireland have declared war on their customers.

yeah it's annoying that it's not being passed on, afterall it's we - the tax payers are actualluy fundint this initiative!!!
    :rolleyes:

well as far as possible - i'll be voting with my feet and avoiding these greedy people.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Does this mean the likes of McDonalds, KFC etc should be lowering their prices? I know of one indian restaurant in Clonmel which has not reduced its prices.

Does this mean the likes of McDonalds, KFC etc should be lowering their prices? I know of one indian restaurant in Clonmel which has not reduced its prices.

If you're talking about Indian Ocean, ya you're right! It's very expensive :eek:

I assume people noticed all of the Spanish Jailbait in the town in the last couple of weeks, yes?

YES PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

callaway92 wrote: »
    YES PLEASE

And that's why it's called "jailbait".

Anybody know why the BYOB Bowling has been cancelled until further notice? No info on FB page.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Elverys.............

Anyone been in here lately?
    Was in around a few times lately and find the staff and sale policy terrible.
    They harrass you from the minute you get in there till you leave in the vain hope you will spend in there,sometimes you just want to shop at your ease and root about the racks.
    Only sat just gone i was told that all clothing was if you buy 1 item a second item was half price.
    As i had bought a 25 euro item i asked were jerseys 1/2 price then and was told no...........asked were the 1000 mile socks half price and was told no........so after hounding me to buy i was told that the 2 items i wanted were not in the offer.........
    I have spoken to people i know and they find the shop the same,constant harassment for sizes,help etc,totally uncomfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

pooch90 wrote: »
    Anybody know why the BYOB Bowling has been cancelled until further notice? No info on FB page.

Something to do with the local Gardaí objecting on planning grounds, ie It doesn't have permission to have alcohol on premises, Think Higgins complained too.

charlemont wrote: »
    Think Higgins complained too.

does he ever stop?

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Elverys.............

I agree with your post. The "Can I help you with anything?" regime gets old real quick. Even worse is the constant harrying. I was getting a pair of boots, she hovered over me, waiting to see what I was doing, "do you need socks?" "or anything else"? It's a fcuking nuisance. They're likely on commission and the competition must be pretty cutthroat if they're going to bother customers.

It is disgracefull and bloody annoying,i wont ever buy there again.
    Cutthroat competition is one thing but hounding people is another..........

hate places that ambush you when your just browsing!!
    I think most people are quite capable of asking for help/advise with a product if they need it, was in the Vision Store, Electrical place in the Poppy Fields and was asked by about four people if they could help me!! needless to say i bought nothing.

on another subject i heard on the radio this morning that a 29 year old woman had her bag snatched from her car, last night Mon at 1030 pm, as she was stopped at the lights at Oakville corner. She had travelled down Gallows Hill and the scummer (stocky build 5.7 fair short hair) was hiding in the bushes waiting for an opportunity to rob someone, Gardai are investigating.
    So be careful out there!!!

Yet another good samaritan who will never help anyone again..
    Most likely a junkie after a quick few euro,wasters

Any one here use the Public Gym?
    Is it full of idiots or people who would genuinely help,looking to do an upper body strenght and conditioning programme...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

dahat wrote: »
    Any one here use the Public Gym?
    Is it full of idiots or people who would genuinely help,looking to do an upper body strenght and conditioning programme...

I used to use the Clonmel Swimming Pool Gym and I have to say that the staff there are very well informed and if you ask they can book you in for an assessment and they give you a work-out plan and a nutrition plan if you are dieting with it too.

You'd often find some of the guys who work there in the gym themselves on their days off, so they do take it seriously its not just a job.

lockie1983 wrote: »
    I used to use the Clonmel Swimming Pool Gym and I have to say that the staff there are very well informed and if you ask they can book you in for an assessment and they give you a work-out plan and a nutrition plan if you are dieting with it too.

You'd often find some of the guys who work there in the gym themselves on their days off, so they do take it seriously its not just a job.

I might just give them a ring tomorrow and as k for that assessment,places like the Park and Minella are just too pricey,least with the public gym you buy weekly/monthly passes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Exactly, the monthly passes are great, there's no long term commitment, which I'm glad of as I've been working in Canada for the past two months!

But annual memberships for the Park Hotel and Minella is how they make their money as most people stop going after a few weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Witness appeal issued following shooting in Clonmel
    Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011
    Clonmel gardai are appealing for information following a shooting incident in an estate in the town earlier today.Residents reported hearing shots at around 7.30 in Willow Park. A motive for the shooting has not yet been established. Superintendent John Courtney says a technical examination of the scene has taken place and investigations are at an early stage. According to the superintendent it seems the occupants of the cars involved got into an altercation after meeting in the estate.

http://www.tippfm.com/site/news/

:pac:

• Advertisement

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Exactly, the monthly passes are great, there's no long term commitment, which I'm glad of as I've been working in Canada for the past two months!

As far as I can remember, the monthly passes work out somehow that a few days, or even a week, is free.

Advertisement