Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clonmel Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

Lidl was extended a few years back alright. It sounds from the planning application they are knocking their own shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Best place in Clonmel to watch the match today?

Well I was around the town last Sunday,and happened to go in to the IrishTown Inn at about 7/730..The gents toilet was disgusting,and when I tried to wash my hands,the sink was full of vomit,with some red running through it.I hope it wasn't what first came to my mind...and being red,I am sure you know what I thought...I wont be going in there again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

DT100 wrote: »
    Well I was around the town last Sunday,and happened to go in to the IrishTown Inn at about 7/730..The gents toilet was disgusting,and when I tried to wash my hands,the sink was full of vomit,with some red running through it.I hope it wasn't what first came to my mind...and being red,I am sure you know what I thought...I wont be going in there again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's ****ing disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

place is a dump.

I was out myself over the weekend and was surprised to see o'Keeffes were charging a fiver in the door for the second week running. Their excuse was that a band was playing, but they had well finished by 1.30am. The last late bar in town is pushing its luck it seems. I heard (from a reliable drinker at the bar) that Mulcathys is trying for a late bar licence, theres surely an opening after the post house closure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Deminiman wrote: »
    I was out myself over the weekend and was surprised to see o'Keeffes were charging a fiver in the door for the second week running. Their excuse was that a band was playing, but they had well finished by 1.30am. The last late bar in town is pushing its luck it seems. I heard (from a reliable drinker at the bar) that Mulcathys is trying for a late bar licence, theres surely an opening after the post house closure.

The last place to insist on charging on the door ended up shutting its doors i.e. Dannos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Any jobs going in clonmel ? tryed all the websites but nothing much seems to be there ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Any jobs going in clonmel ? tryed all the websites but nothing much seems to be there ?

What kind of work are you looking for?

anything really at all im flexible , something to keep me busy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Argos are taking on people for xmas, not sure if theyd keep you on afterwards but a foot in the door nonetheless.

Boston scientific and abbott took on recently, might be worth giving them a call.

• Advertisement

http://jobseeker.fas.ie/Default.aspx?
    http://www.argoschristmaspresent.co.uk/
    I think Tesco take on for Christmas too. Might be worth looking into.

The FAS link is to the main jobs page. Use the filters to look up jobs in Tipperary South and you'll find it there.

Seen a sign in the window of Circles, they're looking for full and part time staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya it's €5 before midnight from now on (For a while anyway).

The 3rd bar is being renovated and that's what the funding is needed for....apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ya it's €5 before midnight from now on (For a while anyway).

The 3rd bar is being renovated and that's what the funding is needed for....apparently.

Does that mean it's free after midnight?

I won't pay in. I only stay in the front part anyway so if they're going to charge I'll just stay in Bakers, Carrolls instead.

Meathlass wrote: »
    Does that mean it's free after midnight?

I won't pay in. I only stay in the front part anyway so if they're going to charge I'll just stay in Bakers, Carrolls instead.

They were still charging at 1:30 last Saturday night. And the first bar is now part of the second bar, they knocked the wall where the double doors were by the gents, so its second bar music from once you go in the front door.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They were still charging at 1:30 last Saturday night. And the first bar is now part of the second bar, they knocked the wall where the double doors were by the gents, so its second bar music from once you go in the front door.

I'd say the idea behind that is to move the usual first bar people to bakers front bar.

Loughc wrote: »
    I'd say the idea behind that is to move the usual first bar people to bakers front bar.

Just saw that in the free paper yesterday that it will be €5 AFTER midnight which makes more sense. There will be bands playing.

Also don't like the idea of there being the same music now in bars 1 and 2. I liked bar 1 music.

I know I'm probably part of the older crowd that they want to move to Bakers but afaik Bakers stops serving at 12.30am so there's no real incentive to stay there so that will push people into O'Keeffes.

I think we've gotten spoilt having a free nightclub. Most places are €10 in on a saturday night.

Haven't seen it myself yet but all my friends (male and female) are complaining about the bathroom attendants. One said they were intimidating looking for money, another mentioned that the bathrooms are tiny anyway without having someone cluttering them up with stuff. Seems quite a regressive move on management's part especially considering it was popular about 5 years ago not lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

Meathlass wrote: »
    Just saw that in the free paper yesterday that it will be €5 AFTER midnight which makes more sense. There will be bands playing.

Also don't like the idea of there being the same music now in bars 1 and 2. I liked bar 1 music.

I know I'm probably part of the older crowd that they want to move to Bakers but afaik Bakers stops serving at 12.30am so there's no real incentive to stay there so that will push people into O'Keeffes.

I think we've gotten spoilt having a free nightclub. Most places are €10 in on a saturday night.

Haven't seen it myself yet but all my friends (male and female) are complaining about the bathroom attendants. One said they were intimidating looking for money, another mentioned that the bathrooms are tiny anyway without having someone cluttering them up with stuff. Seems quite a regressive move on management's part especially considering it was popular about 5 years ago not lately.

I hate bathroom attendants with a passion, it would really put me off going into O'Keeffes at all.
    I think having to pay on a Sat night is OK on a busy weekend if they have a band...but there is no way I would pay on a Thurs/Fri or a Sun night. Like you Meathlass I liked the music in the front area and not the back two !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sorry, I meant to see it's free in before midnight and then €5 thereafter.

solerina wrote: »
    I hate bathroom attendants with a passion, it would really put me off going into O'Keeffes at all.
    I think having to pay on a Sat night is OK on a busy weekend if they have a band...but there is no way I would pay on a Thurs/Fri or a Sun night. Like you Meathlass I liked the music in the front area and not the back two !!

I think it is just a fee for the Saturday night and not the others.

In relation to the bathroom attendants, if another people let the management know they don't like them, hopefully they'll change their business model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Heard hearns hotel up for sale??

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Heard hearns hotel up for sale??

Don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Does anybody know if the Glanbia in Clonmel on the Powerstown road sells gain pet food for dogs?

Does anybody know if the Glanbia in Clonmel on the Powerstown road sells gain pet food for dogs?

I'm pretty sure I seen it last time I was down there.

yeah 100% they do , and fairly good priced too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

yeah 100% they do , and fairly good priced too :D

Any idea what the prices are and how big the bags are?

my partner got the big im not sure if its 30 or 40kg of puppy gain food for less than 50 :) think it was about 37-47

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

yes they do, i buy the elite small dog adult 8 kg for about 19 euro or so...great value.....and my dog loves it...

Argos are hiring for Christmas. Took this from FAS Jobseekers site:

"Created on: 11/09/2014 | Updated on: 24/09/2014 | Displayed until 17/10/2014 22 days from now
    Based in CLONMEL Ref. JOB-878663
    Description
    Everything we do at Argos is for our customers. As a Customer Advisor working in our stores during our busiest time of year, Christmas, you will play a key part in creating an enjoyable and easy shopping experience for our Customers, and helping us continue our journey to become a digital retail leader. We have a range of part-time opportunities in our stores, offering different working patterns and contracted hours to suit you."
    Apply online via our website: http://www.argoschristmaspresent.com

• Advertisement

Any reccommendations for pubs to watch the hurling tomorrow?

I'd usually go to Eldons for rugby but don't know would there be a crowd for GAA there.

We want to be able to hear the commentary as well. We were thinking Eldons, Mulcahys and then we kinda ran out of options!

Advertisement