Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus to Keelings Group Swords

• 13-08-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Anybody know if a bus goes there from town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Not really the right forum - should be in the main part of C & T.

However, Keelings is located (frankly) in the middle of nowhere near Leas Cross.

The nearest bus route would be the very infrequent 40b that will drop you just over 1km away at the far (western) end of Killeek Lane.

Alternatively, routes 41 and 41c, and indeed Swords Express, would drop you to their terminus at Swords Manor with a far more frequent service, but the bad news is that it is over 2km away to the east, which would mean walking along Brackenstown Road and the road from Leas Cross.

Beware - there are no footpaths along the roads!

Timetables are here:

40b

41 and 41c

Swords Express

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Thomasmartin

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Would the 102 from the airport not leave you a bit closer? You would have to get a bus to the airport from town first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Would the 102 from the airport not leave you a bit closer? You would have to get a bus to the airport from town first though.
    Not particularly. Best bet might be a bus to Swords and then a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Thomasmartin

Thanks guys..I think I will reconsider going for an interview there lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Don't reconsider. Go do the interview. Talk to them about the transport options from Swords village. As it is an agricultural produce company on open farm land out in the middle no where, it stands to reason that it wouldn't be serviced by public transport. But Keelings is still a pretty big operation, with a pretty decent sized work force. They won't all live near by, and they won't all have cars. There may be an employee shuttle bus, or a Swords car pool in operation that you don't know about. It may turn out that there isn't & that getting to and from there without a car will be a total pain in the ass, but you won't know that unless you ask.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

There are staff buses from swords to keelings, I see them regularly enough around Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 inquisitor2001

Thanks guys..I think I will reconsider going for an interview there lol

Unfortunately Thomasmartin, the transport is the least of your worries if you are working for Keelings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Unfortunately Thomasmartin, the transport is the least of your worries if you are working for Keelings :(

Why so?

Advertisement