Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Have an idea for my next one in mind but I've been toying with the idea of a pinup after that. Maybe on my thigh.

I got a pinup on my thigh as well, and another one on my back. I really love pinup girls:p

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I got a pinup on my thigh as well, and another one on my back. I really love pinup girls:p

Have you pics of them all in the show me your thread? I'll have to have a nose.

A geisha pinup is what I have in mind (I can picture it in my head) but haven't found anyone to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

If you don't like tattoos, then don't get one. Easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Have you pics of them all in the show me your thread? I'll have to have a nose.

A geisha pinup is what I have in mind (I can picture it in my head) but haven't found anyone to do it.
    Yea I think they are all there in the old thread somewhere.

Ah that sounds cool! If you want me to recommend you an artist, let me know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I find the benefit of having big tattoos, including on my chest, is that I don't end up chatting to jerks as much.

Win all round then :D

But surely a polite f*** off would be easier than paw prints on the t*ts, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Susie_Q wrote: »
    I believe the correct term is 'tramp stamp'.

I love tramp stamps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Erm I was joking in the first post.

Anyway I dislike people getting dopey/douche bag tattoos but that is their taste and that's fine if there is something that is unforgivable when it comes to tattoos is shoddy work. ARRRGH.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=207938469216277&set=o.272962723213&type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I wouldn't ever get a tattoo,myself,since there's no symbol or words that mean enough to me to have permanently put on my body.

A lot of my housemates got tattoos this year.Including one who had a tattoo of the lips of another housemate put on her ass.:eek:

Thread reminded me of this. http://www.cracked.com/funny-298-tattoos/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

token101 wrote: »
    Win all round then :D

But surely a polite f*** off would be easier than paw prints on the t*ts, no?

yes, but I wouldn't know the person was a jerk about that kind of thing right off the bat. this way I don't spend time getting to know someone only to discover later on that I don't fit their idea of womanhood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

They only represent conformity now, don't they. kinda like all these globalazzed monocultural kids with beiber cuts n adidas

you don't get into the Irish squad these days unless at least one arm is smothered in em - in a curious time where having none is to not conform.

having no tattoo, now is the equivelent of having em, back in the day. it's a bit weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Tats, IMHO are good news.

They are the mark of Skang & usually a good warning to folk of someone's character.

Not to say that people that have them are evil or anything, but they're usually people who live in the moment, not particularly stable though.

Good souls mainly, but feckless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They are the mark of Skang & usually a good warning to folk of someone's character.

Not to say that people that have them are evil or anything, but they're usually people who live in the moment, not particularly stable though.

...................what an idiotic statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

...................what an idiotic statement.

In your opinion....

they're usually people who live in the moment,

Sounds like my type of person!

I would take that as a compliment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I like tattoos, I have a good few myself.

I like tattoos on people as it can give a little insight into what sort of art/mythology/aesthetics appeals to the person. Each one is a conversation by itself.

I've lost count of the number of people who have told me they would like to get one but don't feel they can/should because of work or what others might think, I think it's a shame really as to me its speaks of repression instead of expression.
    People are happier when they are able to express themselves in the way they want and if it makes no difference to others they should be free to do so without having to experience negative attitudes from others.

Just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

if my tattoos put you off talking to me should we ever find ourselves in the same social setting, then it would appear that would suit both of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I have 5 tattoos,

I want to get more but in these times, ive more important things to buy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

DMC doesn't advertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Just read through the thread here. Mixed views on tattoos. I have been tattooed 19 times,have one arm covered in a sleeve. What way would alot of you on here look at me who don't approve of tattoos? Like i'm a 'chav' or scumbag of some sort?

KingK wrote: »
    Just read through the thread here. Mixed views on tattoos. I have been tattooed 19 times,have one arm covered in a sleeve. What way would alot of you on here look at me who don't approve of tattoos? Like i'm a 'chav' or scumbag of some sort?

Or as "skang" as one poster so eloquently put it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

angelbabie wrote: »
    Hebrew wording on top of spine.
    Just curious- what does it say, and do you have a picture of it?
    I was on a night out recently and saw a guy with a tattoo of Hebrew writing on his arm but when I read it, it meant absolutely nothing- just a jumble of letters. He was rather disappointed when I told him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Probably the most retarded post I've read on here for a while. Congratulations. I have 5 friends I can think of that have tattoos and your description doesn't fit them at all. Seriously, where do people get this ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I don't have any. Not my thing.

But I was thinking recently a cool one would be a zip running from your waist/hip up the side of your body to about nipple height under your arm. Kinda like it was keeping all your bits in. :)

I must have seen that somewhere online....I do think it'd be kinda cool. But not for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭angelbabie

its sounds kind of tacky but its mother in hebrew or the closest i could get it. it symbolises the illness my mom has fought through and survived.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

angelbabie wrote: »
    its sounds kind of tacky but its mother in hebrew or the closest i could get it. it symbolises the illness my mom has fought through and survived.:D

Hmmmm. So for all you know it could say 'otter' or 'mofo' then? That's sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

KingK wrote: »

I wouldn't assume anything about your character without speaking to you. I would on sight not particularly like the look of of sleeve of tats TBH though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭angelbabie

Hmmmm. So for all you know it could say 'otter' or 'mofo' then? That's sweet.

No actually it does mean mother but what was meant that it could also be translated as mom or momma. dont be such an ass!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I've a tramp stamp. I still like because it's tiny, it's like smallest tattoo ever. I wanted a secret little one that only very few people would see.

people forget that lower back tattoos were really cool and in fashion for about two years, then I suppose so many girls got them, they bacame 'common'. Definitely doesn't make some-one a 'slut' though. Not that I think anyone is a slut. Let people do what they want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

token101 wrote: »
    Tattoos are horrible on most women. Small little ones, on the wrist, or somewhere reasonably discrete are grand. But big massive ones are horrible. A tramp stamp it's the most off putting thing ever. She's unbelievably hot, but the tattoos take away from it, not add to it. Imagine that her 60s? It'll be like a copybook left out in the rain. And women with tattoos on their t*ts, like paw prints or hearts or whatever are absolutely rank. Just horrible.

Never got a tattoo myself. Got it into my head at 18 that I was getting something like this on my back. But I was talked out of it by someone who wasn't as thick as me. Thank f*ck.

Dark haired Girl at the end of Justin Timberlake's cry me a river video. Don't tell me that's not a hot tramp stamp.(at 2.55 youtube video) I remember that video was out at the time lower back tattoos were all in vogue.

I've only ever gotten compliments on mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I never wore dresses or skirts before I was heavily tattooed - because I am short, chubby, pale with rosy cheeks. When I wore a dress, I looked like a little girl.

I don't look like nobody's little girl no more ^.^

Advertisement