Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prometheus *SPOILERS FROM POST 1538*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Post No. 529 above :p

DOH!

hahaha sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

red dave wrote: »
    Don't think I've seen this posted here yet. It's a "Star Map" or something.

Could contain hints that could be construed as spoilers.

Is that an Alien egg at the front?

https://twitter.com/#!/Prometheus6812/status/177440145526632448/photo/1/large

Edit: Better link - https://www.weylandindustries.com/6EQUJ5/

Looks like a
    chair
    to me... Although the aesthetic is reminiscent of one I'll give you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Galvasean wrote: »
    Looks like a
    chair

Thats what I first thought when I saw it. But now that he mentioned it, it does bare some resemblance.

Looks like a
    chair

Yeah possibly
    shaped similar to an egg
    on purpose.
    maybe its shaped just as a hint that the eggs make an appearance possibly at the end of the film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

Don't think I've seen this posted here yet. It's a "Star Map" or something.

Could contain hints that could be construed as spoilers.

Is that an Alien egg at the front?

https://twitter.com/#!/Prometheus6812/status/177440145526632448/photo/1/large

Edit: Better link - https://www.weylandindustries.com/6EQUJ5/[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought aswell, but it looks too big.
    The back of a large chair? Big enough for a Space Jockey, perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

stevenmu wrote: »
    The less I hear about this film, the more excited I am about it :)

Me too - 84 days still to go...Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade but we're not gonna last 84 hours.

Ok so my other take on that picture is
    that is the same style room or place on a spacejockey ship like where they first see the spacejockey in the original alien movie.

For example if that's a person standing in the centre then the chair at the side is the spacejockey chair.

Although other thought (along with thinking its an egg) was that it was a hologram with a spacejockey chair at the side

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭merlinengine

My take on the picture is that its Giger's version of superman's cave in the north pole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

What I don't understand is why some of you are adding spoiler bars to opinions, can someone explain that or have you guys had a special screening of the film or something?

It dosen't take a flaming genius to know that the film is a prequel or at least an 'independent film' set before Alien

FlashD wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why some of you are adding spoiler bars to opinions, can someone explain that or have you guys had a special screening of the film or something?

It dosen't take a flaming genius to know that the film is a prequel or at least an 'independent film' set before Alien

Some people may not want to look at the picture that was posted. Recent comments were about that picture. Rather than have to deal with spoiler police, i put spoilers on the comments just in case there would be complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Some people may not want to look at the picture that was posted. Recent comments were about that picture. Rather than have to deal with spoiler police, i put spoilers on the comments just in case there would be complaints.
    Don't think any police is needed here: if people don't want to look at the photo, they should not be reading this thread at all. Simple as. The photo (iirc) is a still from the trailer, or is certainly an extension of it, so if people are being sensitive about any secrets the photo might reveal, the trailer would have surely been many times worse on that front; a trailer which has already been well discussed in this thread.

As with all these things, a little common sense by the readers goes a long way; we shouldn't have to self-censor our posts on behalf of others. For instance, when I think there's more concrete detail slipping out about this movie, and genuine details start appearing here, I will be un-subscribing from this thread quick-smart.

No probs, was just wondering, spoiler bars are a bit annoying and was thinking its a bit early really for all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

How long before Alien will this take place?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

WatchWolf wrote: »

About 100 years I think. The TED talk is in 2023, aLien took place in 2122 afaik.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    WatchWolf wrote: »

About 100 years I think. The TED talk is in 2023, aLien took place in 2122 afaik.

On the Weyland company website it says the TED talk was 50 years ago. So possibly its set in 2073.

Mickeroo wrote: »

That's true that the TED talk takes place in 2023 but the film "Prometheus" takes place in 2085.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheus_(Film)

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012/03/12/prometheus-full-length-trailer-release-teased-with-action-packed-promo-clip

New 20 second clip. A few new, very brief shots.

New trailer coming out on March 17!

There's a new trailer coming out on the 17th of March. They've released a preview for the trailer today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

A trailer for a trailer. :D

A trailer for a trailer. :D

And just like a fully fledged trailer hopefully making want to see a film, it makes you want to see the trailer!

Ridley Scott - the Trailer park King.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

That's it, I've drawn the line. No more Prometheus related videos / rumours for me for the next 3 months. I know enough to know I want to see it so job done. Any other tidbits gleamed between now and then will ultimately only diminish my enjoyment of the film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Goldstein wrote: »
    That's it, I've drawn the line. No more Prometheus related videos / rumours for me for the next 3 months. I know enough to know I want to see it so job done. Any other tidbits gleamed between now and then will ultimately only diminish my enjoyment of the film.
    I was going to say the same thing: that new trailer looks like we might be crossing the point of no return & so I think the safest course is to ignore that new trailer. The prickling in my thumbs makes me think this new one might be a bit more plot-reveal'y (totally a word), to counter the previous, more enigmatic trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Goldstein wrote: »

I don't mind reading the rumours but I'm defo avoiding trailers n whatnot...

Trailers for trailers? Enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There is a poster advertising the new poster here.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    There is a poster advertising the new poster here.

I REALLY wanna see that poster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Alien ship in the air at 14 seconds
    in that new video, Awesome!

Think I'll drop out of the thread before spoilers start coming about.
    See ya'all in a few weeks guys.

Hmm not such a bad idea there, think I'll follow suit

*presses the unsubscribe button*

• Advertisement

Ah don't leave, sure you're great craic. :)

Preview trailer for a full trailer....what's the world coming to? To be honest, I don't know how some of you will avoid it, it will probably be screened at the cinemas and on TV so best to kill the pain now.

Advertisement