Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New puppy

Options
  • 12-08-2010 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi guys,
    just looking for a bit of advice, i bought a new puppy last week and she is getting very aggressive, biting at our hands and feet and growling.
    just wondering what the best course of action would be.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Liz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thats what puppies do, but its not being aggressive, its normal puppy behaviour.

Have a read of this thread and you will get all the info you need.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055995580

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

you should start by letting out a yelp when the puppy bites you, followed by ignoring it directly after. they soon realise that biting means no attention.
    Im not certain about the growling but it would suggest to me the pup ids trying to put himself forward as pack leader, you need to quash this asap.
    Do a google search on pack leader and you should get some info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Snukums wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    just looking for a bit of advice, i bought a new puppy last week and she is getting very aggressive, biting at our hands and feet and growling.
    just wondering what the best course of action would be.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Liz

PLEASE buy a book and reserach a puppy / dog... or google it...
    this is NOT aggression just normal puppy behaviour.... its called playing... dont mean to be smart i just cannot believe the amount of threads recently asking such questions really... :rolleyes:

i assume you havent had a dog before or researched having a puppy... so my advice would be get a book on it or google it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Here's pretty much everything you need to know

http://www.dogstardaily.com/training/digital-dog-training-textbook

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

What breed is it as a matter of interest? Not that it makes any difference but it might help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement