Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Sony Xperia S

• 20-01-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Does anyone have any idea when this phone is out in Ireland? I know in the UK it is meant to be out in March. I am due an upgrade on 3 and this does take my fancy but would anyone know if it is out over her in March as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

jesusjones wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea when this phone is out in Ireland? I know in the UK it is meant to be out in March. I am due an upgrade on 3 and this does take my fancy but would anyone know if it is out over her in March as well?

highly unlikely..we normally get them 2 months later or never at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

It has been reported to be released in march but just a few days ago changed to the end of this month. But this may just be in UK. Ive been offered an upgrade from three and asked about this phone but could not give me a date for its release. Looks like a great phone way better than iphone and samsung galaxy 2

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Yeah I asked as well same story, goint to wait and see how it plays out. I do agree with you Chris its stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

Just wondering can you send texts with this phone , on the Sony website it does not have sms listed in its features. Have an experia arc at the moment and I love it.

Just wondering can you send texts with this phone , on the Sony website it does not have sms listed in its features. Have an experia arc at the moment and I love it.

Its a phone..i.e. Can bet you it does sms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭TBi

vicM wrote: »
    Its a phone..i.e. Can bet you it does sms

I wouldn't be too sure... sure it doesn't even say it can make phone calls in the specs!

</sarcasm>

No sms and you cant even make phone calls either ?!!!!! (sarcasm) Looks like this phone wont be out till march 7th . Cant wait that long !!! Due upgrade now

Hi Chris where did you read that? I t falls exactly the right time for me as my upgrade is due the end of next month hurrah!

I googled it. This is for UK but every site is saying start of march now. Samsung galaxy 3 is out in feb so might have a look at that. Sony xperia has anti stain case and faster charging times 10 mins charging from flat battery gives one hour batrery time

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

It is available from Amazon.co.uk as pre-order and price looks tempting, what stops from ordering - it got scratch-resistant glass only, would like gorilla glass

• Advertisement

Ill get it alot cheaper on upgrading. Didnt no it was glass screen. Is it same type as iphone?

Quote=rai555;76854966]It is available from Amazon.co.uk as pre-order and price looks tempting, what stops from ordering - it got scratch-resistant glass only, would like gorilla glass[/Quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

I googled it. This is for UK but every site is saying start of march now. Samsung galaxy 3 is out in feb so might have a look at that. Sony xperia has anti stain case and faster charging times 10 mins charging from flat battery gives one hour batrery time

Good luck getting an S3 in February, this won't be out until Q2.

Getting annoyed waiting on this phone ! Want new phone !!!!

Good news here man I mailed sony Ercisson Ireland on fb and they said the launch date is the 9th of March. Still no confirmation from 3 yet but finally some clarification at last!

jesusjones wrote: »
    Good news here man I mailed sony Ercisson Ireland on fb and they said the launch date is the 9th of March. Still no confirmation from 3 yet but finally some clarification at last!

Would make sense. Samsung revealed the release date for the S2 2 weeks or so in advance and none of the networks would give an official date until it was in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

AFAIK O2 will be stocking it.

Early March on Meteor/Emobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Early March on Meteor/Emobile.
    Source? :eek:

metalfest wrote: »
    Source? :eek:

Just what I heard in the grapevine. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Vodafone are going to be missing out???
    :confused:

• Advertisement

I don't think 3 Ireland will get it. Three love the U.K tho they have their release dates and price plan details. We get nothing. Three didn't bring out the Nexus here either.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused:

3 Ireland will have Sony Xperia S mid March. Confirmed :D:D:D:D:D:D Best phone out this year !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Any word on price plans?

Considering the Xperia S features beside the Lumia in this months Meteor mag, I believe I was right. ;)

Available in White. (exclusive colour)

Will be €409.99 on prepay, €49.99 on bill pay. (€50 p/m or above)

Considering the Xperia S features beside the Lumia in this months Meteor mag, I believe I was right. ;)

Available in White. (exclusive colour)

Will be €409.99 on prepay, €49.99 on bill pay. (€50 p/m or above)

€409.99 is very cheap for this phone , good deal. I would rather the phone in black tho. Way better than iphone S !!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

Was in carphonewarehouse in blanch today and they had a dummy up..should have it sooner than 9th then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

• Registered Users Posts: 20 eireluke

Anybody know if the xperia s will be offered in white with carphone warehouse ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

Hope they come with the smart tags.

Advertisement