Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Left Disgusted By Treatment

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Bigpaul15 wrote: »
    No one argues this point I was using that in the context of the likelihood of him pursuing any charge that's all. I have no problem being stopped. I have no problem being charged for speeding but I simply have an issue with the conduct and lack of common decency. after all I was speeding not shooting anyone. I drive a high powered BMW which wouldn't be the norm for a person of my age but I have come to realize if I was a guard I would probably have an extra hard look at me also. but when doing so the least I deserve is to be treated as a human being and not be asked if "im retarded?" his words not mine

Can I ask out a matter of interest where about this occurred in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Would you prefer a bollocking at the side of the road and no further action taken

Or

polite garda, 3 points and €80 fine?

I know my choice

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭threebagsfull

Pataman wrote: »
    Would you prefer a bollocking at the side of the road and no further action taken

Or

polite garda, 3 points and €80 fine?

I know my choice
    I'd pick the latter. I'd rather be justly fined than intimidated, as you don't forget that easily and the fact that Guards can do what they like as long as noone can trace them (!) makes me more nervous.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This has run its course, and then some.

The OP has been advised correctly a few times, and there's nothing to be gained by continuing to speculate whether this was or was not a Garda. No LEO, on or off duty, has a right to refuse to show their credentials upon request, except in very particular circumstances that are not met here.

OP - You have the reg number of the vehicle, so you are free to pursue this with AGS directly.

Thread closed.

-Shield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement