Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game of the Year: Xbox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

honestly? i just dont care, i just enjoyed playing games this year. making halo 4 goty still does not makes me buy it or even fart at it. if there are people who love it? then they can play and have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Far Cry 3 won the peoples choice GOTY on gamespot but the way the games were drawn against each other didn't help. Games like Journey and Walking Dead were knocked out fast. But so was BLOPS 2 thankfully.

Still good year for games but the ones that stood out and tried something a bit new and different went under the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Actually, Journey won the best overall game, Halo 4 just won best 360 game.

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2012/Best_Overall_Game

And Borderlands 2 won the fan's choice

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Borderlands 2 would have been my own personal choice too, but these things are pretty subjective so it doesn't really matter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Journey > All.

There were dozens of games with infinitely deeper gameplay system. There were games with hundreds of times the content. Still nothing came close to playing Journey. GotY by an absolute country mile IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Donno what was my GOTY really.. nothing stands out tbh, probably the walking dead i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

My GOTY would be Sleeping Dogs, definitely the biggest surprise and genuinely a brilliant game. Runner up would be Tekken Tag Tournament 2, loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Actually, Journey won the best overall game, Halo 4 just won best 360 game.

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2012/Best_Overall_Game

And Borderlands 2 won the fan's choice

Rightfully deserved imo. A masterpeace in the genre!

Honorable mentions go to X-com, Borderlands and Natural Selection!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

X-com wins GOTY on GameTrailers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

X-com wins GOTY on GameTrailers.
    Well deserved. Was after reaching a point where I was getting totally fed up with gaming and then Xcom reminded me of how challenging and fun certain games can be. Really reignited my gaming mojo and made me play games that I would never have played before.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Halo 4 wins IGN game of the year award

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gNHnYzmvBM

Complaints ?

Game of the Year: Actually PS3. U MAD? :pac:

Seriouly, terrible thread title. XBox didn't win, a title on the xbox won. Well it didn't, though I'm sure if I'd played Journey or Halo I would have enjoyed them in equal measure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Andy!! wrote: »

Seriouly, terrible thread title. XBox didn't win, a title on the xbox won. Well it didn't, though I'm sure if I'd played Journey or Halo I would have enjoyed them in equal measure.

xbox rules
    nanananananananana :pac:

on that note , i think halo4 sucked better then reach though :)
    my game of the year would be nba2k13 ( i aint black either you racist ****ers )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Andy!! wrote: »

Huh? Most people seemed to work it out
    Title: Game of the Year: Xbox (as in game of the year on the xbox console)
    Body: Halo 4. (as in a game on said console)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Title: Game of the Year: Xbox (as in game of the year on the xbox console)
    Body: Halo 4. (as in a game on said console)

You didn't work it out yourself at the beginning - you added xbox to the title of the thread after it was pointed out to you that Journey on PS3 won overall GOTY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Better than the way gametrailers did it anyway. Giving game of the year overall, PS3, and 360 to the same game.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Oh we detected the fanboyism straight away don't worry :pac:
    F1ngers wrote: »
    You didn't work it out yourself at the beginning - you added xbox to the title of the thread after it was pointed out to you that Journey on PS3 won overall GOTY.

True, and he still hasn't amended his original post to include the 'for xbox' reference strangely, even though he amended the title.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Better than the way gametrailers did it anyway. Giving game of the year overall, PS3, and 360 to the same game.

But if it is the best game overall, and it's on PS3, 360 (and PC which it also won) surely it deserves to win these awards as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Deano7788 wrote: »
    But if it is the best game overall, and it's on PS3, 360 (and PC which it also won) surely it deserves to win these awards as well.

I just don't think it makes any sense. They should be judged in individual categories.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I just don't think it makes any sense. They should be judged in individual categories.

They are judged in individual categories, but if the game is multi-format and wins overall game of the year, it's obvious they're going to think it's the best game on each of the formats as well.

Advertisement