Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Missing Middle Name for Ryanair Flight!!

Options
  • 18-10-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Booked my first Ryanair flight from Beauvais to Dublin (return) just there, and checked in as well thinking I'd get it out of the way, but it was only afterwards that I realised I didn't put in my middle name on the boarding passes or anything and its on my passport! :(

I've seen other posts about this, but just wanted to find out if anyone has flown recently with Ryanair, particularly Beavais to Dublin and the other way around, and had this problem, and what happened? I don't want to have to pay the fees they're charging to change the name!! just wondering should I risk it and will it be alright?! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

I have never put my middle name which is on my passport on any airline including Ryanair as recently as last year and it have never been a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Orlagh123

Phew, it might be okay so! Thanks for your reply!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Have never used middle name (which is on passport) and haven't had a problem either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I unintentionally included my middle name on my last passport renewal form where it asks you how you want your name to appear on the passport. Fortunately an intelligent official in the passport office phoned me, drew my attention to the fact that my middle name did not appear on the expiring passport and was I sure I wanted it there so I thanked him for going to the trouble to call me and asked that it be left out.

It doesn't appear to matter but I think it's better to leave out your middle name. Although it's on your birth cert, you are not obliged to have it on your passport, worth bearing in mind when next renewing your passport as you never know when it will cause a problem with US car hire etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

Layinghen wrote: »
    Have never used middle name (which is on passport) and haven't had a problem either.

Very same here, it's never been a problem and I fly on Ryanair about 8 times a year.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    It doesn't appear to matter but I think it's better to leave out your middle name. Although it's on your birth cert, you are not obliged to have it on your passport, worth bearing in mind when next renewing your passport as you never know when it will cause a problem with US car hire etc.

I think I probably had it on my old one before I renewed my current passport, so I'm stuck with it for awhile, but I was thinking today I'll leave it out the next time! :p
    murria wrote: »
    Very same here, it's never been a problem and I fly on Ryanair about 8 times a year.

Thanks for all your replies, I'm sure it'll be ok so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Is this the first time you will be flying into Beauvais OP? Just a warning nothing to do with your name or anything. Dont go into departures past security until 45 mins to an hour before your flight. Its a very small departure lounge and very overcrowded. Also there's a far better selection of food and drink before security.

jjbrien wrote: »
    Is this the first time you will be flying into Beauvais OP? Just a warning nothing to do with your name or anything. Dont go into departures past security until 45 mins to an hour before your flight. Its a very small departure lounge and very overcrowded. Also there's a far better selection of food and drink before security.

Yes it is actually, thanks for the info!

Advertisement