Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Queries for Shannon

• 15-10-2013 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

Sorry for racking up an old thread but the question is the same for me now in 2013.

Wife returning from NY in a few weeks time at 6am Shannon (weekday) and was wondering are customs tricky.

It will just be 2 average size suitcases full of clothes, tags off of course.

If pulled, what's best excuse. It will have kids and adult clothing (male+ female).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

You can bring back €430 worth of goods tax free regardless of who they are for.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1878a.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Sorry for racking up an old thread but the question is the same for me now in 2013.

Wife returning from NY in a few weeks time at 6am Shannon (weekday) and was wondering are customs tricky.

If pulled, what's best excuse. It will have kids and adult clothing (male+ female).

Thanks

You mean, do Customs do their job?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

You mean, do Customs do their job?

Yawn!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

You can bring back €430 worth of goods tax free regardless of who they are for.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1878a.html

Thats duty free - not tax free. VAT is payable on everything afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Thanks

Dont want to be Buzz Killington here ;)
    But I dont think there is any "excuse". The customs guys know about the shopping trips and they have heard every excuse going.
    Wouldnt want to give any advice on how to evade the customs checks - they are watching :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Don't take the tags off! Especially if you buy them at outlets. You'll have paid a lot less than their RRP

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi there Irish Bloke,

I am closing your thread here as your query has been answered above and we don't allow people posting on how to break the law!

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement