Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Citizenship Certificate Appplication

• 10-09-2014 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Just looking for some input here. I'm born to a Canadian citizen so am seemingly entitled to citizenship. I sent in my application through the embassy and it says on the website it started processing in July 2013.

Has anyone on here got any experience of this process, particularly how long it might take? I know it is said to be a long process, but it is going on for 14 months now.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PoorPaddy

Ok it seems to me that page is referring to application for citizenship, as opposed to application for *proof* of citizenship, slightly different (at least as far as I can tell).

A similar page told me that I should expect to wait 6 months plus another 4 if living outside Canada

Has anyone gone through the same process as me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 David Davidson

I recently applied for my certificate too, the canadian embassy told me it would take up to 12 months but I could get it within a month If I gave them my flight details and I was travelling to canada

Advertisement