Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

French exchange (Irish student)

• 16-08-2014 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, I am going into Transition Year and would like to spend about 4 weeks away in France. I would like to live with a family and attend their local school to improve my french. What are good organisations that can make this possible for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zed1

If you study French in school, talk with your French teacher and see if she knows of any organisations that can arrange this. I did some googling and I couldn't find any. :/ My friend wanted to live in Germany and go to school for a month, she befriended a Penpal and she was able to stay with them for the month and go to the Penpal's school. You could look into that too. There are many websites available to find Penpals. You could even contact Alliance Française and ask if they can put you in touch with an organisation for an exchange.
    I did some research and I found a site for finding some French people who want to improve their English. I don't know if it will end in an exchange, but it's worth a shot!

conversationexchange dot com (sorry, I'm a new user haha)

Good luck!

Advertisement