Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rosanna Davison denies mini marathon cheat claims

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

This would make a great piece for her agony aunt column.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Anyone see the Article by Michael O' Dorothy for the Evening Herald?

Says something along the lines of blah blah bulls**t, and boards.ie are the blame..

Doubt it's online, as his articles never really make it past the free paper in the pubs.. But he achieves what he tries.. (Annoying people). Albeit only slightly, it still annoyed me. I can't wait until that rag and anything he has to do with, sink without trace..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

hondasam wrote: »
    If she did not run the damn thing she should say so.

Some lad on talk to Joe says she can run 10k in 42mins.
    She looks like a proper idiot now.

Still wear her like a feed bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

DrumSteve wrote: »
    How lazy do you have to be to cheat at a mini marathon?

she was supposed to have run 10k which is hardly worth cheating. if she had run the full amount she might have sweated and that would have damaged her perfect make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ISPCA now admit Rosanna Davison did not do the marathon in 43 minutes and don't know if she did the course . http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

ISPCA now admit Rosanna Davison did not do the marathon in 43 minutes and don't know if she did the course . http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/

I'd say they will try to distance themselves at much as possible. It's damaging their reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

She was doing a photo-shoot beforehand and borrowed a number. This stuff happens. Smart kid has offered to run the course once again for the ISPCA - now thats what I call doubling your money for a good cause.
    As for that idiot in the Herald, I feel much better now that I know he doesn't like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

She was doing a photo-shoot beforehand and borrowed a number. This stuff happens. Smart kid has offered to run the course once again for the ISPCA - now thats what I call doubling your money for a good cause.
    As for that idiot in the Herald, I feel much better now that I know he doesn't like me.

The 'kid' is 28 years old, and not smart enough to stop digging a hole for herself when her story has been shown to be untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Don't worry daddy will get the lawyers out and manage to get somebody for defamation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

It is all publicity and everyone is falling for it, great for her I would imagine but at the end of the day she is a nobody and most of us do not give a s***

Aint great for the ISPCA though to get their publicity by being linked to crap like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I bet she'll still blame everybody else.

Varied wrote: »
    I bet she'll still blame everybody else.

She's going to come out of this looking bad either way.

Option 1 - She keeps denying that she didn't run the race and no one believes her

Option 2 - She admits that she did lie and apologizes. Which she should have done when the issue arose in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't understand what running 10k now is supposed to prove. Nobody's doubting her ability to do it, she was just lazy on the day and cheated. If she runs the race 'again' does she expect people to give her more money? Ffs.

She should own up to lying, donate some of her own cash to a charity and come out of this with a tiny bit of dignity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Who cares what this attention whore is up to,this thread is giving her notice whether its good or bad publicity some people 'celebs' are too tacky to even talk about..All that fake tan she looks like an ommpah loompa

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

She must have had her weetabix that morning. Does it really matter one way or another. Most celebrities are only there to get publicity for an event.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

midlands1 wrote: »
    She must have had her weetabix that morning. Does it really matter one way or another. Most celebrities are only there to get publicity for an event.

Publicity is OK.

Saying that you did something that you didn't is not OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It matters if she got someone else to run the race for her, she lied and cheated and for what, to up her publicity, she did now but not the way she wanted.
    I can't understand why anyone would think it's ok to do this.

To be honest, I couldn't care less if she ran it or not. It's just the fact that she lied about it and it's now overshadowing the achievements of every other woman that ran, walked or crawled the mini marathon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

agreed its celeb tripe like this that take away from the real runners the real stars of that day,why did that ommpah loompa with her fake nails have to ruin it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The public in this country seems to have something against this girl. Begrudgery comes to mind. Who gives a flying **** how long it took her to complete a charity run. Pathetic.

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    The public in this country seems to have something against this girl. Begrudgery comes to mind. Who gives a flying **** how long it took her to complete a charity run. Pathetic.

People couldn't care less if she took 50 minutes or 5 hours. Again, it's the fact that she is lying about it. Why is it when anyone on boards criticizes someone it's automatically begrudgery?

We don't care how long it took her, I think she is well capable of doing it just not in 43 minutes which she herself admitted.
    It's not begrudgery, she lied ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

lizt wrote: »
    People couldn't care less if she took 50 minutes or 5 hours. Again, it's the fact that she is lying about it. Why is it when anyone on boards criticizes someone it's automatically begrudgery?

I don't believe that for one second. It's because she is better looking than 95% of the women who ran. If this was that one who is on the Mooney show people wouldn't be getting their knickers in a knot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

That and the use of the phrase 'first world problems' are the two thing that p*** me off the most on Boards.

I don't believe that for one second. It's because she is better looking than 95% of the women who ran. If this was that one who is on the Mooney show people wouldn't be getting their knickers in a knot.

I agree, she's a very good looking woman. But to be honest I couldn't care less if it was her that lied or "that one who is on the mooney show" (!). It doesn't matter one iota to me if she's a former Miss World or holds the world record for the world's ugliest woman.

The fact is, she is in the public eye, the day after the mini marathon she was plastered all over the herald after "running" the race. She didn't do this yet she claims she did and is deliberately misleading people.

I don't think that is fair, no one likes a liar, does it mean so much to her to do well she had to get someone else to run it for her.
    How vain is she if she stops to get her make up done, so much for the good looks, lots of make up needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,142 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The most disappointing thing about this whole affair for me is how many young men posting in this thread would be prepared to sleep with such a vapid gob****e simply because she's moderately attractive and famous...

Sleepy wrote: »
    The most disappointing thing about this whole affair for me is how many young men posting in this thread would be prepared to sleep with such a vapid gob****e simply because she's moderately attractive and famous...

Ya but it's ok she would not sleep with them and if she did she would lie about it or cheat and get her friend to stand in for her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

That might be a factor , but I think people are getting annoyed because of the persona she portrays, this news contradicts that image. Also it taps into fears people have of everyone, you never know how nice someone is, they could be deceiptful behind the persona.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Ya but it's ok she would not sleep with them and if she did she would lie about it or cheat and get her friend to stand in for her.

Yeah, that friend from the Mooney show.

Advertisement