Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in archery

• 18-02-2013 6:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

ive done it a couple of times and was good at it but more importantly i enjoyed it.

if i was to get into it what would be the basics i would need equip wise and where could i do it in sout/west dublin?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭maughantourig

If you really want to take up archery, I'd advise joining a club:

http://archery.ie/site/index.php/current-clubs/
    (I doubt every irish archery club will be on this link, but it's a start).

From there you'll be advised on equipment. If you want to get a look at prices, visit:
    www.quicksarchery.co.uk/

Good luck:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

There's Greenhills Archers in Tallaght if that's near you?

Like already said - joining a club is the best way to go - usually you can sign up for a beginners course run by a club and on completion you can either leave it there and decide it's just not for you and walk away - or proceed with joining the club if you like it enough. There's probably no obligation to join the club if you finish the beginners course and want to leave it at that so you should be OK in that regard.

This would be the best way to learn properly from the beginning how to use a bow and the safety rules that go with it while shooting and afterwards the club will have people of all experiences that can offer you all the advice you need on the various types of archery you may want to get involved in - recurve (Olympic style), barebow, compound, traditional, etc.

Advertisement