Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARITECH CS-350.

• 06-06-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My house alarm is an ARITECH CS-350 (DK 3403). It was installed around June 2000. It has worked very well. For last 3 months I was getting a 'low battery' alert. A couple of nights ago there was an ESB outage here in Clonsilla, the alarm sounded and I entered the disarm code and it stopped ringing. The power came on and then off again. I re-entered the disarm code and this time it would not stop ringing. As it was the middle of the night I had to stop the ringing, so I removed the panel cover and pulled out a small electrical plug from the panel. The noise stopped.

The next morning with the power back on I put the plug back in place and tried to arm the system but failed. I kept getting the message displayed 'open zone(s)' and 'panel tamper'. I have the original engineer's code, but nothing I do will let me re-arm the alarm. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

1. Buy and fit a new battery in the control panel
    2. Replace the control panel properly (engaging the sprung micro switch)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Sounds like it has reverted to factory settings. User code is 1122 and engineer code is 1278. Power it back up and enter 1122 see if it disarms.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

realplayer wrote: »

I kept getting the message displayed 'open zone(s)' and 'panel tamper'. I have the original engineer's code, but nothing I do will let me re-arm the alarm. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Try open & close the panel lid. You should hear the tamper spring click closed as you put the lid on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 realplayer

Thanks for your help. I found the Installation Instructions manual left behind by the original engineer. To cut a long story short I managed to muddle through the Engineer's Menu and for the moment anyway I am able to arm and disarm the system. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like you did OK. Any problems give us a shout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement