Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deveneys Beer Festival 2010 - 20th Aug @ The Pod

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

That's a pretty rubbish selection of beers for a "festival". Particularly if they're all from a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

They have Rebel Red in bottles? When did that happen? And where can I get it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

KJ wrote: »

It's coming out next week and will be available in Dublin in these outlets.
    sweeneys,wheelans,swiss cottage,both mchughs,celtic whiskey,both deveneys,redmonds,porbus,drink store,baggot street wines,lilac wines,jus de vine and the bull and castle

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

irish_goat wrote: »
    That's a pretty rubbish selection of beers for a "festival". Particularly if they're all from a bottle.

"1. price of beers at beer festivals, in particular with respect to vouchers, and
    2. 'non-authentic' beer festivals

There is a beer festival in West Kerry (which admittedly I am involved in) which might hold some interest for those of you concerned with 1. although I couldn't recommend it to the number 2. cohort."

It is a fundraising "Beerfest" which donates to charities and local causes. It never claims to be anything but a fun event and the main reason I brought it up here is because I think the prices are good. If you buy the Beer Vouchers you could sample the likes of bottled Rebel Red, La Trappe and Triple Chocoholic for €3.33 a bottle.

It would be our wish to improve the fare on offer to 'serious' beer drinkers but this might take a few years but it will never reach the level of a boutique beer festival because the aims are:

1. To donate money to charities and local causes
    2. To put on a great event doing it

and our bread and butter is easy drinking world beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

except for the Kerry ones listed, there is almost nothing in that list that can't be gotten in a Tesco, far cheaper, not to mention the sameness of all bar the first 3. wouldn't entice me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Jippo wrote: »
    Rebel Red Bottle 500 ml
    La Trappe: Quadrupel, Tripel, Dubbel, Blond
    Triple Chocoholic 500 ml
    500 ml Lech Bottle
    500 ml Tyskie Bottle
    Kirin
    Tsingtao
    Singha
    Mac's Gold
    Moosehead
    Toohey's Extra Dry
    Victoria Bitter
    Steinlager
    Desperados

It's been said, but that's a pretty poor list.

La Trappes are good, but you're shooting yourselves in the foot with that quadruple, which AFAIK is relatively expensive due to alc content & taxes etc.

Moosehead, always strikes me as the dirt cheap Canadian stuff (though I hear they do cheaper.)

Lech and Tyskie are very similar.

And Desperados doesn't sit well with me either.

Fair enough if it's a charity thing, but I think you could probably have gotten some Irish brewers in and had a more interesting/profitable event.

May just be in a daze after seeing the Deveney's line-up (and the disappointment that I didn't realise it was in 2010!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

KJ wrote: »

sorry for of topic post but saw this in drinkstore last night. Great little ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

Fewcifur wrote: »
    It's been said, but that's a pretty poor list.

La Trappes are good, but you're shooting yourselves in the foot with that quadruple, which AFAIK is relatively expensive due to alc content & taxes etc.

Moosehead, always strikes me as the dirt cheap Canadian stuff (though I hear they do cheaper.)

Lech and Tyskie are very similar.

And Desperados doesn't sit well with me either.

Fair enough if it's a charity thing, but I think you could probably have gotten some Irish brewers in and had a more interesting/profitable event.

May just be in a daze after seeing the Deveney's line-up (and the disappointment that I didn't realise it was in 2010!)

Beer Menu attached:

http://annascaulbeerfest.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/the-beer-menus/

Recall that this is a charity event and while we are aware of our shortcomings with respect to the more discerning beer drinker we are making small strides year by year.

By and large our event is a 'fun' event and we aim to attract a broad spectrum of the public. This year we are donating to Kerry Respite Care. Event Guide:

http://annascaulbeerfest.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/annascaul-beerfest-event-guide.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

With respect to the Thread Title

You can expect to Find Deveneys in Dundrum this year, 2012, on the 15th September.

Advertisement