Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel fumes in an A4

• 19-05-2008 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

My wife has an 01 A4 Tdi (130bhp) and for some time now we have had a fumes smell in the cabin. The smell only occurs when the window is down and we are in motion. There is no odour when the A/C is on, or when the window is up, or when the car is stationery. The car has been in the garage a few times and they have changed filters and cleaned valves(EGR I think) , but this has not eliminated the problem. We recently had the car valeted, and I noticed that on the rear window, near the vent where they couldnt access, there was a black sooty deposit.

Any ideas would be appreciated!?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Keep the windows closed ?

Other than that, make sure that your exhaust hasn't got any holes/leaks in it.

Advertisement