Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

jackmax wrote: »
    That would be great thanks :D
    height 5ft 10
    weight 220lbs/ 15 stone 10lbs

Thanks a million :D

sorry jackmax, it looks for age aswell which I forgot to include in original post, just saw it now when I switched it on

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

starlight1 wrote: »
    sorry jackmax, it looks for age aswell which I forgot to include in original post, just saw it now when I switched it on

no problem. He is 34 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

jackmax wrote: »
    no problem. He is 34 :)

okay, it's coming up as 46 daily allowance and pretty sure he gets the 49 weekly allowance aswell . good luck to him, great for you to have the support :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

starlight1 wrote: »
    okay, it's coming up as 46 daily allowance and pretty sure he gets the 49 weekly allowance aswell . good luck to him, great for you to have the support :)

Thanks a million for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I just went in a checked it there, the only soft brown sugar on the ww uk site was silverspoon and fairtrade. both are same value.

so even if you use dunnes own brand fairtrade soft brown sugar recipe will still be the same points :D

Ah lovely thanks a million!

Btw, did anybody else get given that calender at their meeting? It Has some great recipes in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

kateos2 wrote: »
    Ah lovely thanks a million!

Btw, did anybody else get given that calender at their meeting? It Has some great recipes in it!

Blue one? that was in the RTE Guide? I got it...its FANTASTIC! I use it to record my weigh ins and have it pinned up on the wall by the scales

Oh....ww pro points recipe book thing with the SUNDAY WORLD tomorrow 16/1/2011

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Blue one? that was in the RTE Guide? I got it...its FANTASTIC! I use it to record my weigh ins and have it pinned up on the wall by the scales

Oh....ww pro points recipe book thing with the SUNDAY WORLD tomorrow 16/1/2011

Yeah that's the one. Our leader told us we'd be getting it for free at the meeting so didn't need to buy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 autmam

smurfmurf wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    just wanted to ask..does anyone else see the need for the change from old points system to pro points??I feel if it ain't broken..etc!!Also all the WW meals in shops still in old system sorry now but Jan is busiest time o year for WW I think its bad form to have old stock in shops when they are trying to convert us all to new system ok thats my rant!!! oh also any idea about pp in bulmers light, bud light and coors light my leader said 2 pp per 330 ml bottle is that right??

Bulmers light and Coors light appear to be 4 ppts per 330ml bottle. (I emailed ww re bulmers, and Coors light value comes from their shop book) A 500ml can of bulmers light is 6ppts. Don't know about bud light but I expect similar to Coors light

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pracky2k10

Hi all,
    I just got the iwatchr app for my phone-does anyone know how to configure it- I've searched the thread but can't find it. Would be much appreciated!
    Pracky :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

kateos2 wrote: »
    Yeah that's the one. Our leader told us we'd be getting it for free at the meeting so didn't need to buy it!

Yeah its great, i have it up in the kitchen, little reminder for when i reach for the fridge!!
    Thanks for the heads up on the Sunday World thing Lainey!
    E x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭A lemon

Hey - I'm a young male and I've just realised that I've crossed the line into obese :eek:

Is it worth my while buying the €79 weight watchers pack on the Irish website? I wouldn't be keen on the meetings at all so I'd rather go it alone, but I like the idea of having a clear framework to help me succeed. I can't keep expanding like this! The Irish website is a bit dodgy though - do you get access to the UK members website when you join?

A lemon wrote: »
    Hey - I'm a young male and I've just realised that I've crossed the line into obese :eek:

Is it worth my while buying the €79 weight watchers pack on the Irish website? I wouldn't be keen on the meetings at all so I'd rather go it alone, but I like the idea of having a clear framework to help me succeed. I can't keep expanding like this! The Irish website is a bit dodgy though - do you get access to the UK members website when you join?

dont bother wasting your time with irish site. just join the english one. you get all the tools online and articles and newletters and online calculators for like 12 euro a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭A lemon

Ah brilliant, that's what I'll do so.

dont bother wasting your time with irish site. just join the english one. you get all the tools online and articles and newletters and online calculators for like 12 euro a month

Hey Lainey, is it really only 12 quid a month?? Jeez, thats a big difference! And do you have to pay a few months in advance or can you DD?
    Thanx, E x

A lemon wrote: »
    Ah brilliant, that's what I'll do so.

If they ask for an english address just google some london hotel and take post code off that. I'm use English site. I pay with my Irish Card. So they do accept irish cards.

eimear1 wrote: »
    Hey Lainey, is it really only 12 quid a month?? Jeez, thats a big difference! And do you have to pay a few months in advance or can you DD?
    Thanx, E x

yeah its like 12-13 euro month. I don't even notice the money going out. I pay DD on my debit card. they always different offers on signing up. Dont know what the current offer is. I signed up last summer the english site.

The only catch is you CAN NOT BUY things from the Uk site, cos they dont post outside the UK. so things like books and calculators and electronics I have to get from Ebay or go to my local meeting.

https://signup.weightwatchers.co.uk/SignupVersions/Online/StepOne.aspx

if you sign up for 3 months you pay no joining fee. (after the three months its. 10.95 sterling per month)

if you sign up for 1 month you have the pay the joining fee

yeah its like 12-13 euro month. I don't even notice the money going out. I pay DD on my debit card. they always different offers on signing up. Dont know what the current offer is. I signed up last summer the english site.

The only catch is you CAN NOT BUY things from the Uk site, cos they dont post outside the UK. so things like books and calculators and electronics I have to get from Ebay or go to my local meeting.

That's mad! Still think i need the motivation of the meetings for the moment, but might switch to online if money gets any tighter!!!
    Think this propoints mallarkey might actually be working, had a sneaky peek at the scales there now, as you know we are always a few pounds heavier at night but my scales is still showing me a few pounds down since Wed!!!
    Not sure whether i'll be weighing in tues or thurs this week (shift work) but dying to go now to see if the official scales matches mine! Methinks Tues it is so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

kildareash wrote: »
    Forgive me fellow weightwatchers, for I have sinned.

Went out for an impromptu drink last night and ended up having a chicken burger on the way home.:(

It's my own fault, I hadn't had much to eat yesterday at all. Had a bowl of cornflakes for my dinner coz I was rushing out to a show. :o

I hadn't intended on going out for drinks at all, but then a friend txt.

To be fair, I only had two glasses of wine, but I was sooooo hungry on the way home and it tasted soooooooo nice.

It doesn't sound like you were too bad, I've had too great nights in a row, but very difficult to point, one was dinner in a friends house with wine flowing and tapas like snacks all night and the other was Italian restaurant....I feel it! I've just written off all my weekly points to be sure and will try and be good for the next few days, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I have well and truly obliterated my weekly points!
    Had a lovely night with friends last night but they have never heard of calorie counting!

Easily had the best part of a bottle of White and a bottle of red. Strange thing is I've never been fond of red wine. The taste was always too strong for me, so I thought I wldnt drink that much.
    Don't know what the name of the wine was but it was lovely, very easy to drink.
    Oh, just remembered the shot of ouzo too!eek!

Ah well, extra long walk for me tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. Well done to all the people who have seen minuses on the scales over the last few days.

Deffo going to get the Sunday world today, thanks for the tip lainy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Hi! I'm on my first week of pro points and finding it tough enough! It's all the new things that now have points, like stock cubes and spray oil! Ah well I'm sure I'll get use to it!
    I have been looking at the UK and US based website and they kick the Irish ones butt! The US has amazing recipes that are worth a look, the measures are all in cups etc but it's easy enough to convert.
    And this thread is great too!! Well done for all those great losses!

decided to have a 2nd weight in today cos i just felt being up 4lbs yesterday was ALOT to be up after ONE NIGHT.....the 4 i was up yesterday :P is now only 2.6lbs up today...up 2.6lbs is far more acceptable for a birthday pig out night :D :P I worked my ass off in the gym yesterday! Must have been water weight or something...

Jan 1 - Start
    Jan 8 - down 4.6lbs
    Jan 16 - up 2.6lbs
    Jan 22 -

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

Hi all, great thread...THANKS!
    I'm just wondering what you do if the fiber content isnt listed?? I have the PP calculator and I'v just been putting in 0?
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

shanasue wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what you do if the fiber content isnt listed?? I have the PP calculator and I'v just been putting in 0?
    thanks in advance

That's what I've been doing as well. Going to ask my leader on Wednesday to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

shanasue wrote: »
    thanks in advance

I use the online tracker and the caculator has an info button next to the fibre input section. I wasn't sure either so I check. It says not all labels have fibre listed if it's not on the label input zero into the calculator.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

i posted the configuration earlier in this thred for the iwatchr app, however when entering the sample wheetabix in the book i get 4 points where the book gives 3 points, anyone else had this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Just got the free WW mag in the Sunday World. It doesn't give much away about the new plan for but has some good recipes!!!

Looking forward to trying the Banana bread,and grilled veg toastadas!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Just got the free WW mag in the Sunday World. It doesn't give much away about the new plan for but has some good recipes!!!

Looking forward to trying the Banana bread,and grilled veg toastadas!!!

yeah that banana bread sounds really nice...but i know i'd end up eating the whole thing in one sitting LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks for the muffin recipe Lainy I'm gonna give it a try when I have some spare time.

Does anyone know if egg whites are still zero points in the pro point system?

Thanks Eabha x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement