Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updates on The Recruitment Process

• 25-11-2014 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Hello Readers and Posters,

Has anyone been keeping an eye on the recruitment process, as in how many candidates from band 1 are still in the process?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

mycro89 wrote: »
    Hello Readers and Posters,

Has anyone been keeping an eye on the recruitment process, as in how many candidates from band 1 are still in the process?

Pretty sure only the first 2 groups have been called so I make it to be about 3800 still untouched from band 1. They are getting about 1.5 intakes per group of 600 so at current rates you're looking at the next 9 or 10 intakes I.e the next three years being covered by band one.

At current rates I don't know if they'll have to move outside band 1 for this recruitment drive. This isn't my opinion, just going by the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Pretty sure only the first 2 groups have been called so I make it to be about 3800 still untouched from band 1. They are getting about 1.5 intakes per group of 600 so at current rates you're looking at the next 9 or 10 intakes I.e the next three years being covered by band one.

At current rates I don't know if they'll have to move outside band 1 for this recruitment drive. This isn't my opinion, just going by the numbers.

Band 1 exclusively then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

Band 1 exclusively then...

As far as I remember 3100 passed the stage two aptitude test. Two batches of 600 (1200) have completed report writing and 450 odd have passed interview. So 1900 left in band 1 plus all those who have passed interview to date, I'm open to correction on all this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

As far as I remember 3100 passed the stage two aptitude test. Two batches of 600 (1200) have completed report writing and 450 odd have passed interview. So 1900 left in band 1 plus all those who have passed interview to date, I'm open to correction on all this!

My apologies you're correct, only 7 intakesish will be covered by band one. Band 2 might get a look in in the third year of this drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Xios

My apologies you're correct, only 7 intakesish will be covered by band one. Band 2 might get a look in in the third year of this drive.

It's hard to predict. The drop out rate will most likely increase for those in the 1200-2400 ranks. It's almost been a full year since. People will have emigrated, found better jobs, had children or have family difficulties. But that's all speculation. I'm gonna guess that they'll only get half as much candidates from the second 1200 as they did with the first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Xios wrote: »
    It's hard to predict. The drop out rate will most likely increase for those in the 1200-2400 ranks. It's almost been a full year since. People will have emigrated, found better jobs, had children or have family difficulties. But that's all speculation. I'm gonna guess that they'll only get half as much candidates from the second 1200 as they did with the first.

The drop out rate will also accelerate as time goes by due to the very nature that peoples circumstances a year from now could be quite different to what they were in December 2013 when they originally submitted an application.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

I agree that as time goes by peoples circumstances will have changed from when they initially applied and to some degree you probably will have less going through per 600 and on that basis Band 2 will be reached earlier than initially believed perhaps in the second half of 2015

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I honestly think band 1 will cover this drive. They scraped the last panel after 5 years. So I say three years and a new drive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

TallGlass wrote: »
    I honestly think band 1 will cover this drive. They scraped the last panel after 5 years. So I say three years and a new drive.

The last panel was scrapped because there was a gap in recruitment lasting nearly five years. We now have continuous recruitment occurring and that is unlikely to change. In fact if anything recruitment will accelerate as the economy improves and as we approach the next General Election. I would think there is a fair chance of Band 2 being reached - I can't see them restarting the entire recruitment process any time soon considering how long it has taken to get this far. It won't be for some time yet though.

The last panel was scrapped because there was a gap in recruitment lasting nearly five years. We now have continuous recruitment occurring and that is unlikely to change. In fact if anything recruitment will accelerate as the economy improves and as we approach the next General Election. I would think there is a fair chance of Band 2 being reached - I can't see them restarting the entire recruitment process any time soon considering how long it has taken to get this far. It won't be for some time yet though.

As a new class are set to start, is it likly that more candidates will be called to phase 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

As a new class are set to start, is it likly that more candidates will be called to phase 3?

Mycro89, what band or group are you in for this recruitment ?

Did you contact the public appointments service ?
    We don't know the answers to the questions that you keep asking but PAS might.

ann.lewis wrote: »
    Mycro89, what band or group are you in for this recruitment ?

Did you contact the public appointments service ?
    We don't know the answers to the questions that you keep asking but PAS might.

I'm stuck approx in the middle of band 2 from stage 1, it's not looking great for me in my opinion, all the best to all today

Hello you guy, can we get a breakdown on current numbers going through the process ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 blarney15

I don't know why you keep asking these questions. Nothing has changed. Process is at a stand still. Still another 1000 or so in band 1

blarney15 wrote: »
    I don't know why you keep asking these questions. Nothing has changed. Process is at a stand still. Still another 1000 or so in band 1

As per the title of the thread - for updates..... ;)

I get that but there are no updates. I can make something up if that suits? When things do get moving again I'm sure you'll know because this forum will light up once agaimn

blarney15 wrote: »
    I get that but there are no updates. I can make something up if that suits? When things do get moving again I'm sure you'll know because this forum will light up once agaimn

Thanks for that, that's an update if you ask me 😜

Thanks for that, that's an update if you ask me 😜

Glad I could help. I'll message you when they have finished with band one.

Advertisement