Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That'll be hell for anyone without decent connection -- or that wants to play on-the-road (laptop).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

PCGamer wrote: »
    Even more annoying is that you’ll only get to use 15 of the 39 characters in local play and won’t get to access any of your DLC. You’ll need an online connection to play, basically.

Youch. I mean, yeah, Capcom are obviously going to try everything they can to stop piracy (and fail), but that's annoying as ****.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah that restriction to 15 of 39 character is just beyond retarded.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

And suddenly, I'm probably not getting this on PC. Wanted it to play on the train and stuff, no chance of that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    And suddenly, I'm probably not getting this on PC. Wanted it to play on the train and stuff, no chance of that now.

Only reason i was thinking of picking it up.

Oh well I'm sure a "patched" version will appear eventually.

• Advertisement

Sven's having a forum discussion with the folks on Capcom-unity regarding the bat**** security measures. Read the actual thread here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/27677673/SSF4:AE_PC_ONLINE_QUESTION&post_num=99#497069701

Here's the post that the discussion spawns from.
    Sven wrote: »
    I understand there's some very strong opinions here and around the net.

Let me ask a few questions of the users here and perhaps we can come to a better solution for all folks involved. What I'm proposing is a constructive dialog and I'll take this feedback back to the team.

But first some ground rules for this discussion to be constructive:

Any posts dealing with complaints about GFWL will be summarily ignored and/or deleted depending upon the language used. That is a non-negotiable point at this point in development and it's not constructive to make that an issue. We have used GFWL with no problems on several releases and it works great on SSFIV:AE.

Any posts outright dismissing the need for DRM of some form are also not feasible, especially given the history with SFIV. Sorry, but that's another reality in which we live. Blizzard and Valve both use DRM in their games... and when they do have offline forms, they have reduced functionality/features. This is not new or exclusive in any way to Capcom.

Now, that said, it is in no way our intention to punish legitimate users. That's definitely not the purpose here. It is to attempt to ensure that our content is only enjoyed fully by legitimate users.

Question 1: Without using a secure network authentication mechanism of some kind (SSA, Steam CEG, Impulse GOO, SecuROAM, etc.) how can we validate that a copy is legitimate versus pirated?

Question 2: If it isn't what we've proposed, what form of limitations would be acceptable in the event that there in a "non trusted" mode, assuming that it can be secured?

Question 3: If there were a network validated install and we put in an offline mode that would allow you to have funtionality for some period of time, but require revalidation on a frequent interval, would that be acceptable?

Question 4: There seems to be a lot of supposition that the pirates will instantly crack whatever protections we put in place. One never knows, that could well be true. Personally, I'm not quite as defeatist. One at least has to try. Now, if we promised to "sunset" those protections in the event of a crack being created so that legitimate users don't have a substandard experience to pirates, is that an acceptable solution?

Happy to hear any other proposed solutions that could work and I'll see what we can do with the team.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Question 4: There seems to be a lot of supposition that the pirates will instantly crack whatever protections we put in place. One never knows, that could well be true. Personally, I'm not quite as defeatist. One at least has to try. Now, if we promised to "sunset" those protections in the event of a crack being created so that legitimate users don't have a substandard experience to pirates, is that an acceptable solution?

This is basically saying "COME AT OUR GAME, PIRATES!". It WILL get cracked and more so if the crackers think they can help people by cracking the game in the first place.

(Crack, crack, crack)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Capcom: Drm is awesome

The Viper: What's the craic lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Capcom: Drm is awesome

The Viper: What's the craic lads

"I've stolen your money." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Ono's latest troll

Are there any remaining characters for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition on consoles & arcades? Like two for the remaining missing slots? — GeekSquadPAllen

Yoshinori Ono: Thinking about it, [you're] right! Hehehe. ;D

2 more possible characters for AE ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

More like another version of Street Fighter IV on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

J0hnick wrote: »
    Ono's latest troll

Are there any remaining characters for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition on consoles & arcades? Like two for the remaining missing slots? — GeekSquadPAllen

Yoshinori Ono: Thinking about it, [you're] right! Hehehe. ;D

2 more possible characters for AE ?
    I would not believe absolutely anything Ono says ever, EVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

if its two new guys. sweet
    other than that
    DO NOT BELIEVE HIS LIES

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

You mean 2 brand new characters? I wouldn't care for another Hakan or Juri.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I could do without a Hakan like character but another character as cool as Juri would be welcome in my book.

I don't expect any more before launch but a few months down the line I wouldn't be surprised if they filled the last two slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

hakan is handy enough...as long as you stay close.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

when is it out for xbox?

7th as DLC, 28th for disk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

OH MY, thats only a few days away. Will be in work but GOD DAMN il be rushing home
    reminds of the time I ordered AE from Gamesnash, it came when i was in work but Ryan was at home exploding with joy. Good times them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Placebo wrote: »
    it came when i was in work but Ryan was at home exploding with joy

An hour later exploding with rage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Latest Arcadia magazine tier list:
    S
    Yun, Yang, Fei Long
    A
    Zangief, C. Viper, Sagat, Akuma, Cammy, Makoto
    B
    Ken, Chun-Li, Balrog (Boxer), M. Bison (Dictator), Adon, Sakura
    C
    Abel, Dee Jay, Ibuki, E. Honda, Seth, Cody, Guy, Vega (Claw), Rufus, Ryu, Blanka, Dudley, Dhalsim, Juri, El Fuerte, Guile, Gen, Gouken, Rose, Oni, Evil Ryu
    D
    Hakan, T. Hawk, Dan
    http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11099

Twins running things, E. Ryu and Oni not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Poor Hakan is still last :(

Is there really any chance of new characters appearing? I find it hard to believe they would've kept it a secret this close to the release. Wasn't the full cast list completely spoiled months before SSF4's release?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Was there ever any resolution on the "Person being burned by yoga fire" image?

I remember top guess at the time seemed to be Urien?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It was Chun Li iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

God damn you Ono :O

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I thought people were touting Ken as S he's down to B now.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Nah Ken's been considered Top 10, but never S Tier, thats always been the twins + Fei Long

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

S

Yun

Get hype

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ramza wrote: »
    S

Yun

Get hype

Yay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX