Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PTV Wifi display sharer

• 28-06-2014 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Dont know whether this is the right place to ask but I recently bought a wifi display sharer from Groupon and if working properly is supposed to mirror what you see on your smartphone on the tv. The instructions came in a sort of broken English and iv tried to follow them as much as I could, I have it connected to the tv, iv downloaded the sharing app on my phone, the phone is picking up the device but I just cant seem to get it onto the tv screen did anyone else here buy one or have previous experience with this device?

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Model numbers and links would really help here ?!

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭metrostation

ZENER wrote: »
    Model numbers and links would really help here ?!

Ken

I cant seem to post links at the moment but I will get some more info on it and get back to you, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

I have the ptv 6000, can't for the life of me get it to mirror , can stream to it from phone and laptop but no mirroring

• Registered Users Posts: 6,471 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Download PlexServer to get it to mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Download PlexServer to get it to mirror.

ive downloaded plex, to both ipad and iphone, cant seem to figure out how to stream, never mind mirror now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 wifidisplay

I have the ptv 6000, can't for the life of me get it to mirror , can stream to it from phone and laptop but no mirroring

I know how to use it.please add my skype: onlyone521001

Dont know whether this is the right place to ask but I recently bought a wifi display sharer from Groupon and if working properly is supposed to mirror what you see on your smartphone on the tv. The instructions came in a sort of broken English and iv tried to follow them as much as I could, I have it connected to the tv, iv downloaded the sharing app on my phone, the phone is picking up the device but I just cant seem to get it onto the tv screen did anyone else here buy one or have previous experience with this device?

Thanks in Advance!

PTV6000, support Android Miracast ,IOS push and windows WIDI.
    PTV1000A,PTV8000B and PTV8000M, support Android Miracast ,IOS Airplay Mirroring and Windows WIDI , do not need download any APP.

More question please add my skype , I will tell you how to operate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AngCork

It may not be able to connect properly, what security points are you using?

AngCork wrote: »
    It may not be able to connect properly, what security points are you using?

The Android system, the version is 4.2 and above with Miracast protocol that will display , under this version can push only.
    The Android mobilephone ,turn on wifi first , then find the words like "WLAN Display","Screen Mirroring","AllShare Cast" "Miracast",or"Screen Cast" on settings ,
    (different mobilephone with different describe for Miracast protocol , but it is same meaning.) ,connect it , is OK. Very easy,
    Don't need install the app.

First connect the PTV Device with TV by HDMI Cable and USB Power Cable , choose the HDMI Channel.

The Android system, the version is 4.2 and above with Miracast protocol that will display , under this version can push only.
    The Android mobilephone ,turn on wifi first , then find the words like "WLAN Display","Screen Mirroring","AllShare Cast" "Miracast",or"Screen Cast" on settings ,
    (different mobilephone with different describe for Miracast protocol , but it is same meaning.) ,connect it , is OK. Very easy,
    Don't need install the app.

• Advertisement
Advertisement