Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Giro d'Italia Stage 16 – May 27th, Ponte di Legno-Val Martello **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Boo_dC6CEAIBugb.jpg

I've ridden in worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Was following on the <snip> link

Weather is pure muck

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Swamp3

Reports that Evans and Pozzivivo are a minute down on the peloton....or a minute up. They probably don't know themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,996 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

14:24:28 CEST

The peloton is all over the road though, groups everywhere and it's become total chaos.

pity im at work and cannot watch!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Chasing group includes Niemec and Kiserlovski...Not sure which group they're chasing though :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭babs123

retalivity wrote: »
    14:24:28 CEST

The peloton is all over the road though, groups everywhere and it's become total chaos.

pity im at work and cannot watch!!
    Do you not think that the whole sport is riddled with performance enhancing substances. the latest been a certain gas that they are trying to figure out what it is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Chasing group includes Niemec and Kiserlovski...Not sure which group they're chasing though :confused:

That group has just caught Cataldo et al. at the head of the race

babs123 wrote: »
    Do you not think that the whole sport is riddled with performance enhancing substances. the latest been a certain gas that they are trying to figure out what it is

Please read the charter, speculating that certain riders are doping is not allowed. Also, it is very much off-topic right now.

Dupont!
    My velogames renaissance starts now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

The next descent is going to be hell. I am excite.

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice the picture is unusually crisp and clear? Was expecting much more interference from the weather and mountains. Maybe it's because I'm watching on tv instead of usual laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Even the Mick Byrne wasn't that bad! They're on the Stelvio and it looks miserable. It's not the climbing that'll be the problem today, it's the descents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

the picture is a lot better than I'd have expected (and I'm watching on an iPad) -might break up on the descent though... looking forward to it -maybe someone will take a risk or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Any idea on where nico and deignan are?

tinkoff have 4 riders there apparently...would expect nico to be one

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

full_irish wrote: »

4 or 5 TinkoSaxo in the peleton so I presume Nico is one of them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Terrible conditions,yet again I'm reminded of exactly who are the supermen of sport.

Still going a fair ould lick,

13:48 20 km Average speed after the 1 h. of race: 22.800 Km/h.

That's up the Gavia

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

full_irish wrote: »

Both in peleton according to cyclingnews tour tracker app

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Nico at the front of the peleton setting the pace

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Think I see Deignan at back of Peloton

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Nico at the front of the peleton setting the pace

And causing them to be strung out ,good man nico

There's Nico, great work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

There's Nico, great work!

And he seems to have the least amount of clothes on...maybe he is embracign his Irish roots afterall

No way they can actually enforce a neutralized descent.

No way they can actually enforce a neutralized descent.

Yeah, going to be interesting to see how they manage this

Another great Kelly quote "a dog of a day"

He probably does repeats of Sally Gap in January or something

If they do the motorbike thing then Cataldo's attack is going to disappear, De Gendt will probably get back on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

If they do the motorbike thing then Cataldo's attack is going to disappear, De Gendt will probably get back on...

It would he grossly unfair on Cataldo, no way they can stop him descending.

Advertisement