Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Live Hockey, chat while you're watching

Options
  • 24-01-2013 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

haven't been here in awhile, but I'm watching the NHL hockey games live, I'm a Canucks fan, but am trying to watch as many as I can stay awake for ... But I've noticed I'm lacking people who are also watching the games.. Just thought I'd start a thread for everyone to vent/chat/ express their opinions on calls etc.. enjoy :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Watching Rangers v Bruins' great game. Good start by the Rangers, but only 1 goal in it now as final period starts.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Watching Rangers v Bruins' great game. Good start by the Rangers, but only 1 goal in it now as final period starts.

Good good, leafs won 5-2 happy out... Now all I need is technical difficulties sorted and I might be able to watch the nucks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Rangers v Flyers is on tonight. Will be up watching it and posting on this thread. Hope we get the 'W' and we can get a run going now after the win last night.

Leafs v Islanders now, Leafs doing well..

Canucks win last night was awesome... extra SO rounds and all.. but Kassian was the main man.. here's hoping the win continues.. :)

Phew, glad that first period is over. Rangers very lucky to get through that period at 0-0. Flyers were by far the better team. Hank was our best player by a mile.

Edit : 2nd period over, 2 down, 13 shots on goal, really poor stuff.

Game over, some really shocking stuff on the PP. 1-2 loss and I can't argue with it.

• Advertisement

Bruins v Islanders, gotta make a much better start than we did against the Rangers especially after the Islanders roughed up the Leafs last night. They will be on a high and confident coming into tonight.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Very static display by the Bruins so far. Seem to be devoid of ideas and energy, although it has been entertaining at times. Some bigs hits, including Lucic's big right hand that dropped Carkner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Bruins v Islanders, gotta make a much better start than we did against the Rangers especially after the Islanders roughed up the Leafs last night. They will be on a high and confident coming into tonight.
    Unfortunately my sports package dosnt earn me the pleasure of watching the bruins/islanders game, looking forward to the Canucks game and even more to the oilers at Calgary tomorrow

Martyn, I can get you some links that have not yet failed me for one game :) Nucks starting now... YEY here's hoping they take the Ducks out of it, repaying them for the opening game in Van :)

Edit: Schneider starting... /holds breath..

Edit 2: end of First nucks 2-0 Ducks... WOOOOOP D.Sedin- with an assist from Henrik 2nd goal - Mason Raymond assisted by Edler :)

Stinjy wrote: »
    Martyn, Nucks starting now... YEY here's hoping they take the Ducks out of it, repaying them for the opening game in Van :)

Edit: Schneider starting... /holds breath..

Edit 2: end of First nucks 2-0 Ducks... WOOOOOP D.Sedin- with an assist from Henrik 2nd goal - Mason Raymond assisted by Edler :)
    Turns out I don't have the nucks game, I did watch the Jets beat the Penguins, very good 3rd period.

I'm new to hockey, a Hitmen fan til I die but think I'm gonna follow the Oilers aswell, there's no energy around the flames, I'm gonna let tomorrow's game decide, whoever plays with the most grit will get my support.

Then again I have tickets for flames vs wild on feb 11th so we shall see.

• Advertisement

No discussion of illegal streaming sites, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Rangers deservedly back into tonights game, 2-1 Leafs. Richards with the goal.

Rangers had 14 shots in the first period with no goals, Leafs had 3 shots and 2 goals.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Rangers deservedly back into tonights game, 2-1 Leafs. Richards with the goal.

Rangers had 14 shots in the first period with no goals, Leafs had 3 shots and 2 goals.

Playing well this period but the PP is still woeful. We really need to win this tonight. Nice assist for Nash.

COYW wrote: »
    Playing well this period but the PP is still woeful. We really need to win this tonight. Nice assist for Nash.

Staal ties it up, first goal for the Rangers for a D-Man this year. Certainly deserve to get something from this game.

Anyone watching Oilers @ Flames, I'm getting very excited

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Anyone watching Oilers @ Flames, I'm getting very excited

Doing my best to stay up for it, watching the end of the Blues and Stars at the moment.

Man I love that Flames throwback jersey.

1-0 Flames through Backlund.

Wow 2 un expected goals from the flames, some dodgy moments especially that flames player taking out the oilers goalie (fight maybe?) and ending with a cracker from Edmonton!!!! Shaping up to be a great game.

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    I'm new to hockey, a Hitmen fan til I die but think I'm gonna follow the Oilers aswell, there's no energy around the flames, I'm gonna let tomorrow's game decide, whoever plays with the most grit will get my support.

Then again I have tickets for flames vs wild on feb 11th so we shall see.

Yeah I'm undecided as to whether I like the ones or not... They are good...

I like the oilers but I'm Canucks through and through :) however flames are of interest also... I've not watched a wild game yet but apparently they're the ones to watch...
    Lucky you with the tickets... :P

Also you got it coyw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

2 penalties with 0:00 on the clock tonight in San Jose. Very odd.

• Advertisement

tolosenc wrote: »
    2 penalties with 0:00 on the clock tonight in San Jose. Very odd.

Minors or fighting? I thought the Asham v Glass penalties at 0:02 the other night were impressive!

Minors or fighting? I thought the Asham v Glass penalties at 0:02 the other night were impressive!

Minors. Burrows and Clowe. Clowe taps Burrows on the helmet and Burrows reacted.

Niemi's right post is hella hot tonight. 4 times we've hit it!

Clowe now up to 17 penalty minutes...

Niemi's right post is hella hot tonight. 4 times we've hit it!

Make that 5...

Blackhawks win to go 6-0-0. Best start in the 86yr franchise history.

Clowe now up to 17 penalty minutes...

35 penalty minutes and a game misconduct in the first 2 periods.

Didn't even get a chance to play the puck from the bench!

Didn't manage to watch that game the other night... But was reading about it, penalties before the puck dropped was mad... And major time spent in the box... Did Clowe get to play at all? .....talk about rivalry eh... But seemed like a good game against the kings... I've yet to watch the highlights, but we'll get em next time :-P ...

Rangers v Flyers tonight, on Setanta too. Gonna be a tough game but I think we will get the win. Nash and Gabs really started to gel the other night, so I am hoping for more of the same and a goal on the PP, please.

COYW wrote: »
    Rangers v Flyers tonight, on Setanta too. Gonna be tough game but think we will get the win.

Will be watching the Penguins Islanders game, keeping an eye on the other divisional matchup!

• Advertisement

Will be watching the Penguins Islanders game, keeping an eye on the other divisional matchup!

I expect a Penguins win and I am hoping for a good save % or even a SO for Fluery.

Advertisement