Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ulster Bank Android App now available

• 23-01-2012 9:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Just downloaded it now, I think I might be the first as it says ''0+'' downloaded. Hopefully it's legit and I haven't entered my bank details into some random app!! :pac:

I entered in my number, got activation code, entered in my login and card details and it says I'll get another text within 24 hours once it's ''verified''.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Looks really nice!
    Especially compared to AIBs mobile site wrapper :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yeah it is rather snazzy alright, anyone know what it's like? Does it provide all services that are available online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

im reluctant to pop my login details into this.
    can anyone find mention of it on their website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Random wrote: »
    im reluctant to pop my login details into this.
    can anyone find mention of it on their website?
    Well, the one linked to by draffodx is from RBS, so shouldn't be a problem. Anything else I'd be wary of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

It's not on the Ulsterbank website so I think I'll stay well away from this app until I see some official endorsement.

Well, the one linked to by draffodx is from RBS, so shouldn't be a problem. Anything else I'd be wary of.
    and what verifys that its from rbs? i can setup an account and call it what i like on the market and release an app, can i not?

this sorta thing just makes me weary when i cant verify the app
    All you need to hand is your Anytime Internet Banking customer number, debit card and a couple of personal details.

It looks like it was only released today so it's not surprising it's not on the main website.

and what verifys that its from rbs? i can setup an account and call it what i like on the market and release an app, can i not?

The other apps from the same developer seem legit anyway, can I make a random app and submit it to another developers page?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

considering the same developer is behind all the RBS UK apps id say its legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

There a top developer with RBS and Natwest apps already, I'd be guessing if they weren't legit they'd have been well flagged by now.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I certainly know that it was near ready for release from talking to someone who works in that area, but not 100% sure that it has actually been released. I've asked him just there and he says it looks like it is the legitimate one, but he will double check tomorrow. I'd be 98% sure it's legit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

I entered in my number, got activation code, entered in my login and card details and it says I'll get another text within 24 hours once it's ''verified''.

That is the process they use for the ulster bank iphone app

Got my activation text this morning.

It's a nice app alright, but all I can do is view my balances, view a mini statement and transfer money to my savings account. As far as I can see, I can't transfer money to payees or manage/add my payee accounts. So overall I'm a little underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Got my activation text this morning.

It's a nice app alright, but all I can do is view my balances, view a mini statement and transfer money to my savings account. As far as I can see, I can't transfer money to payees or manage/add my payee accounts. So overall I'm a little underwhelmed.

Got it myself this morning!

Nice app does the basic which i am constantly checking on the ulster bank website.

They did promise enhancements which i presume will include payment functionality etc. Time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭frash

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ah feck,not compatible with my device.:(

I've a Sensation running ARHD 6.1.1,an ICS ROM. Anyone else having the same problem?

its working for me on htc sensation with latest vodafone roi software.
    just waiting on this dam verification!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

lord lucan wrote: »

I've a Sensation running ARHD 6.1.1,an ICS ROM. Anyone else having the same problem?

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S II with CyanogenMod9 (ICS) ROM, and I can't find it in the Market.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Working on my HTC Desire Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

lord lucan wrote: »

Same here, running IncertCoin ICS :(

• Advertisement

No, you had to create a new passcode specifically for the app, you only enter your customer number for verification purposes, once verified you use your passcode to login.

Ok, whoever I was replying to deleted their post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

App is basically a balance checker, transfer funds option is disabled??

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Gryzor wrote: »
    transfer funds option is disabled??

You can transfers funds between your own accounts; i.e from your Current account to your Savings account.

The Option to transfer funds from your account any to your Payee's is not present and this would be an absolute god send if possible.

Even the ability to transfer to Payee's already set up from your account online as opposed to new Payees would be seriously useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

No, you had to create a new passcode specifically for the app, you only enter your customer number for verification purposes, once verified you use your passcode to login.

Ok, whoever I was replying to deleted their post.

Sorry about that, it was me. Thanks for replying.

Just realised I had this app on an iPod Touch one time and this was causing the issue.

Thought I'd delete post before someone replied but you were quick off the mark. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Slight OT.

I have both a UK and a ROI account. I can get the ROI app no bother, but I can't get the UK one in my area.
    Does anyone know how I can get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

incompatible with device :(

desireHD running revolution ROM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    incompatible with device :(

desireHD running revolution ROM

Works fine on Desire HD (stock).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

nice app, could use more functionality but handy for checking balances. AIB need to sort their app out, it is so slow it is unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Been upgrading the various versions of ARHD ICS ROM's over the last few weeks and still no sign of being able to download this app from the market. That was until today,flashed ARHD 6.4.0 and now a number of apps,including the Ulster Bank app,previously unavailable are showing for me.:)

Just waiting for the verification code now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Was using this fine until a few days ago when it stopped allowing me to login, saying that my device had insufficient security, and now it works again?

Advertisement