Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JFK:Inside The Target Car - Discovery Channel UK 9pm tonight

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

I'm not disputing he was in the building, but what do you think of the evidence that he was in the lunchroom at the time?

The evidence is one witness, giving the confusing nature of events its entirely possible they were wrong.

Thanks but I've read that one! Is there any newer one you'd suggest?

Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy (Hardcover)

By Vincent Bugliosi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Diogenes wrote: »
    The evidence is one witness, giving the confusing nature of events its entirely possible they were wrong.
    But there is plenty of other witnesses who's testimony suggestes he wasnt there(there being the snipers perch!).
    Bonnie Ray Williams
    Jack Dougherty
    Officer Baker
    Roy Truly

What about them?
    Suprise suprise!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But there is plenty of other witnesses who's testimony suggestes he wasnt there(there being the snipers perch!).
    Bonnie Ray Williams
    Jack Dougherty
    Officer Baker
    Roy Truly

What about them?
    Where all their testimonies consistent with each others?
    I notice that you say "not in the snipers perch" rather than "in the lunchroom".

And can you provide links to these testimonies?

try the book I suggested earlier. It has a great chapter on it.

try the book I suggested earlier. It has a great chapter on it.

Unfortunately I don't have the time or cash to get this book.
    Maybe you can just answer the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭bog master

Rubbish. He's a self proclaimed expert cited by kooks and idiots like Jim Fetzer.

If you believe him to be a world renowned expert on the secret service could you please explain how when you google "Vincent Palamara" the fourth link is to his Myspace page where he declares himself as a "SECRET SERVICE expert & guitarist".

This is not exactly the profile of someone who should be considered an expert in any field.

What he describes himself as makes no difference to me, I look at his published work and make my decision then.

And seeing in another post, you seem to recommend reading,Vincent Bugliosi............... here is an interesting quote. "Vince Bugliosi, famous Charles Manson prosecutor and author of "Helter Skelter" ansd "Outrage", has called me a "Secret Service expert" in his 2008 book "Four Days In November"!--- Vince Bugliosi letter to Vince Palamara dated 7/14/07:"I want you to know that I am very impressed with your research abilities and the enormous amount of work you put into your investigation of the Secret Service regarding the assassination. You are, unquestionably, the main authority on the Secret Service with regard to the assassination. I agree with you that they did not do a good job protecting the president (e.g. see p. 1443 of my

Again the quotes simply say "JFK was very co-operative with his agents". But the FACT remains that agents were not placed on the running boards of the presidential limo on several previous occasions.

Please read linked article again, agents speak of no interference, have never been asked to move off the car by Kennedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

bog master wrote: »
    Rubbish. He's a self proclaimed expert cited by kooks and idiots like Jim Fetzer.

If you believe him to be a world renowned expert on the secret service could you please explain how when you google "Vincent Palamara" the fourth link is to his Myspace page where he declares himself as a "SECRET SERVICE expert & guitarist".

This is not exactly the profile of someone who should be considered an expert in any field.

What he describes himself as makes no difference to me, I look at his published work and make my decision then.

And seeing in another post, you seem to recommend reading,Vincent Bugliosi............... here is an interesting quote. "Vince Bugliosi, famous Charles Manson prosecutor and author of "Helter Skelter" ansd "Outrage", has called me a "Secret Service expert" in his 2008 book "Four Days In November"!--- Vince Bugliosi letter to Vince Palamara dated 7/14/07:"I want you to know that I am very impressed with your research abilities and the enormous amount of work you put into your investigation of the Secret Service regarding the assassination. You are, unquestionably, the main authority on the Secret Service with regard to the assassination. I agree with you that they did not do a good job protecting the president (e.g. see p. 1443 of my

Again the quotes simply say "JFK was very co-operative with his agents". But the FACT remains that agents were not placed on the running boards of the presidential limo on several previous occasions.

Please read linked article again, agents speak of no interference, have never been asked to move off the car by Kennedy.

Well JFK is dead so obviously the agents didn't do a sterling job. The point is it wasn't unusual for JFK to not have agents on the back of his car. It wasn't unusual for there to be no roof on the car, and besides the roof wasn't bulletproof anyway. So there was nothing unusual about the circumstances leading up the shooting.

The Discovery documentary shows that the head shot came from where the official accounts say it did, in the book depository. Since they used proper experimentation to come to that conclusion I'll take it over anyone who just says something else is true.

Does that prove as a fact that Oswald did it, no it doesn't. But it's yet more things that fit the official account. I can never quite understand why people have a problem thinking that a disillusioned loner with weapons might shoot someone important, I mean that never happens :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

bog master wrote: »

We're arguing at a cross purpose here, I'm not disputing Kennedy's relationship with his detail.

However the fact remains that Kennedy travelling in a open top convertible without agents on the presidential limo's running boards, was not in itself unusual, and was not a unique situation that occured only in Dallas on Nov 22.

King Mob wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't have the time or cash to get this book.
    Maybe you can just answer the question.

Then use your local library. Or look up the info online.

Then use your local library. Or look up the info online.

Or you could just answer yes or no.
    Or provide a link.

You seem to know more about it.

Where all the testimonies claiming that Oswald was not where he was meant to be consistent with each other?

• Advertisement

No not neccessarily. But it does add doubt in my mind.
    Your quite bullish in your approach here aren't you. I mean you say you don't have the time yet you've plenty of time to post here.
    Just do a search for TSBD witnesses or something. If I find a handy link I'll post it but there's lots of things about the whole case in general that just raise doubt for me on the lone gunman acting alone line and this was just one of them.
    I used to have a lot of info to hand but as I said earlier its been quite a while since I've been interested in it.

Here's some reading on Oswalds actions at the time of shooting.
    http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/griffith/Where_was_Oswald.html
    http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/PG/PGchp8.html
    http://www.book-of-thoth.com/archives-article-5381.html

Now I'm not saying that all of the above is gospel but it just adds to my doubts about Oswald.
    Ok. I'm done with this thread! :D

No not neccessarily. But it does add doubt in my mind.
    So they all place Oswald at completely different locations?

Why would you believe testimony if it doesn't agree with any other testimony?
    Could these people not be mistaken? Wouldn't the fact that they don't agree with each other cast more doubt on them than the official story?

As meglome said there's no point looking at the big picture if the details don't add up.

Maybe you'd like to bring up some specific details that do add up toa conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

King Mob wrote: »
    So they all place Oswald at completely different locations?

Why would you believe testimony if it doesn't agree with any other testimony?
    Could these people not be mistaken? Wouldn't the fact that they don't agree with each other cast more doubt on them than the official story?

As meglome said there's no point looking at the big picture if the details don't add up.

Maybe you'd like to bring up some specific details that do add up toa conspiracy?
    oswald was part.........but he did not kill JFK....nor can history state so.

to kill so perfect is an art...oswald could not of done it.
    there was more then one maybe 4 or 5.

Advertisement