Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bug for 'The Forsworn Conspiracy' (Skyrim) on the PS3, help?

Options
  • 03-03-2014 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. So here's my problem, I'm currently at the point in the questline where I've done all my investigating in Thornar and Nepos' homes, and I'm supposed to return to Eltrys in the shrine of Talos.

My problem is is that instead of the third guard starting the "No one escapes Cidhna mine" quest I have that fúcking **** of a legate spawning there instead talking to me about joining the Imperial legion. :mad: I've waited 24 hours more than once and he STILL respawns each time.

I've scoured the internet looking for solutions but I've found no luck, my last save is way too far back for me to load and start again from, is there any solution at all to this bug? I read somewhere else that if I do another quest in Markarth and come back to the shrine afterwards that might fix it so I'll try that tomorrow.

I'd hate to be stuck with this damn quest being unfinishable it would really break the immersion for me. :( (And also annoy the ****e of me, I hate having unfinished quests in my inventory!) If anyone has any suggestions at all I'd greatly appreciate them.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have you tried killing the legate? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

He's unkillable, and even when I do attack him or the other guards they just attempt to arrest me as normal and it doesn't start the Cidhna mine quest. I haven't done the civil war questline yet so I'm hoping that when I do the legate might feck off out of Markarth for a while allowing me to actually complete the quest.

Unless he gets replaced by his stormcloak counterpart or something in the shrine, guess I'll just have to wait and see.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Completing the civil war seems like a good bet. Now that I think of it I've always had the civil war questline done before I've done the Cidhna mine quest, it's one of the first things I do cos you can't get a house in Windhelm until it's completed and I like to get all the houses :o Have you decided to go Imperial or Stormcloak?

Toots* wrote: »
    Completing the civil war seems like a good bet. Now that I think of it I've always had the civil war questline done before I've done the Cidhna mine quest, it's one of the first things I do cos you can't get a house in Windhelm until it's completed and I like to get all the houses :o Have you decided to go Imperial or Stormcloak?

Imperial definitely, but iirc from previous playthroughs Markarth will fall into Stormcloak hands at some stage so I'll take my opportunity then... that quest is just sitting there now whenever I pause the game, haunting me it is. :eek: :pac: This quest has always been really bugged out, I remember having problems with it a while back before too.

MultiUmm wrote: »
    Imperial definitely, but iirc from previous playthroughs Markarth will fall into Stormcloak hands at some stage so I'll take my opportunity then... that quest is just sitting there now whenever I pause the game, haunting me it is. :eek: :pac: This quest has always been really bugged out, I remember having problems with it a while back before too.

I think if you do the civil war before the quest before the Alduin's Wall bit you'll bypass the Season Unending quest where the stormcloaks get Markarth AFAIK. Actually you might find that once you join the legion the legate disappears from the shrine - he won't be trying to recruit you if you're already in.

Actually what console are you playing on?

• Advertisement

I think if you do the civil war before the quest before the Alduin's Wall bit you'll bypass the Season Unending quest where the stormcloaks get Markarth AFAIK. Actually you might find that once you join the legion the legate disappears from the shrine - he won't be trying to recruit you if you're already in.

Actually what console are you playing on?

I was planning on finishing the main quest before properly committing to the civil war quest so that shouldn't be an issue hopefully. Oh that'd be great, it's infuriating whenever I go back there and he starts talking to me about the legion! I just hope if he does disappear the guard will actually replace him instead of no one being there but I guess I'll find out about that when I get to it.

PS3.

I'm on PS3 too. I actually had to restart my first game after getting to something like level 53 cos it was riddled with bugs. Alas I reckon with ESO coming out Bethesda won't bother with any more patches for Skyrim. I'd be tempted to play on PC so I could fix stuff with console commands but it's not the same as using having it on the TV screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

I'm on PS3 too. I actually had to restart my first game after getting to something like level 53 cos it was riddled with bugs. Alas I reckon with ESO coming out Bethesda won't bother with any more patches for Skyrim. I'd be tempted to play on PC so I could fix stuff with console commands but it's not the same as using having it on the TV screen.

Plug your pc into the tv?

Advertisement