Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This food inc propaganda

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

cloptrop wrote: »
    Yes all these images were showing you why you should buy organic.

Yet again, this film wasn't solely about organic food. It was about how food (of all kinds) is produced in the US. I didn't think it was a brilliant doc, but it did make some good points.

If you want to be gullible enought to believe everything big multinationals tell you then thats up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

RichieC wrote: »
    What's your game? Do you have a horse in this race? daddy own a processed food plant or something? I DEMAND DISCLOSURE!11

Ha ha I wish , Id eat straight from the killing floor. It just pisses me off people saying things like open your eyes when they are being fed **** too just from another side of the arguement . These documentary conspiracy watchers are just as much a gang of sheep as the people who believe everything mcdonalds tells them .

D1stant wrote: »
    Take a small step back here

Its kind of intuitive that organic, low scale production is probably going to be better produce, more sustainable and safer (albeit more expensive)

No Id trust a corporation to make my food before Id trust some pikey farmer with 2 cows and a chicken. Just like Id trust mcdonalds food before Id trust some hot dog stand.
    Gee Bag wrote: »
    If you want to be gullible enought to believe everything big multinationals tell you then thats up to you.

I dont believe anything multi nationals tell me , how many nations they operate in doesnt interest me , I listen to both sides and make my judgement, you listen to everything a documentary tells you and then side against multi nationals because they are bad for some reason that the documentary said.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

beep...beep...beep...BEEP...BEEP BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP

That's my troll detector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

No Id trust a corporation to make my food before Id trust some pikey farmer with 2 cows and a chicken. Just like Id trust mcdonalds food before Id trust some hot dog stand.

I dont believe anything multi nationals tell me , how many nations they operate in doesnt interest me , I listen to both sides and make my judgement, you listen to everything a documentary tells you and then side against multi nationals because they are bad for some reason that the documentary said.

Whatever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Lads, if you have a problem with a post, please report it and refrain from flaming each other.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Food Inc. was pretty good, but it's the same companies who would end up producing the organic products if it really did achieve the majority share of the market, since they already have a monopoly over the growing and research facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Zillah wrote: »
    I suppose I was naive to think that being reasonable in After Hours wouldn't end poorly.

Tell me how we can reasonably feed the world with meat free range style and still have room to not have to kill the rainforest, if we cant do it black room style without killing the rain forrest?
    Ill tell you why and its the answer to every hippy documentary , Mcdonalds thats what.
    Run out of answers put mcdonalds on the other side, complete propaganda.

It's simple . Promote vegatarianisim.... Leaves more meat for me....not a lot of rainforest in Ireland but room for more Cattle, small grass fed ones, well butchered and hung for 3 or 4 weeks.... Won't feed the masses .... So they can have quorn

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Owen_S wrote: »
    Food Inc. was pretty good, but it's the same companies who would end up producing the organic products if it really did achieve the majority share of the market, since they already have a monopoly over the growing and research facilities.

You see people dont have a problem with the method its the multi nationals they have a problem with . Alot of people will tell you organic farming is a crock of **** too and people are already flouting the laws. I think if people are that worried they should grow their own food and if not they should just go with whoever is the cheapest . Getting told a pack of stories about how organic is better is just the same as being told mcdonalds is better if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

'Organic' is a bit of a divisive and unhelpful term really, in that:
    1: It's part meaningless buzzword, with a wide and undefined application, and
    2: It promotes dismissing genuine concerns along with illegitimate concerns, by taking one example of something organic, discrediting it, and using that as a basis to discredit all things organic

The issue at hand, can't be labelled as revolving around 'organic' stuff, as that is too simplistic and the term too meaningless.

If people were in general more aware of the miserable nature of how some animals are bred, and the health effects of that plus those of other foods such as (potentially) genetically modified crops, people would prefer paying a little more to get food which is ethically produced and which does not have negative health effects due to the way it is produced.

People don't have a problem so much with multinationals, but with their methods; if these multinationals produced food in a less unethical and more healthy way, people would be fine with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LOL, but you'd trust Tesco or Walmart over the local butcher! ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    LOL, but you'd trust Tesco or Walmart over the local butcher! ;)
    Yes if I was to sue for food poisening id feel alot safer getting it from somebody that is insured up the yinghole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Check out a documentary called Forks Over Knives. You should enjoy it ;)

Check out a documentary called Forks Over Knives. You should enjoy it ;)
    Which side does the propaganda support.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trollin trollin trollin

Which side does the propaganda support.
    It's another vegan propaganda video :)

It talks alot about the china study.I've seen so many videos from opposite sides and I'm still not sure whether paleo or vegan is healthier :o

I think Ill avoid it so . Id love a good documentary about an organic farmer not washing his hands after he uses the bathroom. Plent of din din diiiiiiin music.

Advertisement