Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cost of 3 phase power installation??

Options
  • 18-11-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hello,

Have already got some great advice on here re: electrics for workshop.

I will be sticking to single phase machines for the immediate future but have always admired older three phase machines and would like to have the option of three phase power for the future.

How much extra would it cost to get a three phase power supply installed to give me the option of running three phase machines? (ballpark)

Cheers

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Some (conflicting) answers here. Probably worth ringing ESB about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Maple,

If 3 phase is not available to you, for whatever reason, why not look into 3 phase power converters. There are three basic types, digital, rotary and static. Not all converters are equal, look for a true balanced 3 phase power converter.

http://www.fecservices.co.uk/DynamicContent/Documents/tech%20pubs/TN03%20Single%20to%203%20phase%20converters.pdf

http://www.sfphaseconverters.com/

The last post by BerIreland in oscarBravo link will give you the best information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

all depends on your nearest transformer if your not in an industrial area around a city. i got a quote where they needed three posts and the complete cost was 33k. my friend got his connected for significantly less and aprox same distance. that was three years back. bought a three phase generator in asilent cab for running my machines

Advertisement