Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who the **** is Katy French?

Options
  • 15-08-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Who the **** is Katy French, and why are the Evening Herald obsessed with her?

It seems like you can't turn a page of the Herald without finding a couple of column inches dedicated to, or at the very least, mentioning, Ms French.

They will use any old excuse of a story line to write about her, he posing for some (not very) raunchy snaps. Her breaking up with her fella. Her getting back with her fella. Her posing for some more (not very) raunchy snaps...... and so on.

It makes me wonder, is there absolutely nothing remotely news worthy happening in the world? No crime? No war?
    How is it they can dedicate so much NEWS space to talking about some (Glenda Gilson Wannabe 'IT' girl) model?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

this has been a long running joke with a work collegue, any time an irish sun,star or mirror does the rounds of the canteen we tally the number of images of kate french and amy winehouse. in fairness shes nice looking but there is never a "news" item about her i would read

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

There was a picture of her today in The Star with lots of cum on her face which gave Pighead his first boner of the day. In other words she's alright by me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's the same with Glenda Gilson, Andrea Roche, Rosanna Davidson and so on and so forth. Everytime something is launched or re-launched one of them is paid to be stand there and look pretty. Pretty easy job, I wouldn't mind it myself though for some reason I doubt I'd get it if I applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

First time I've ever heard that name, maybe she's the spawn of Dawn French?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's the same with Glenda Gilson, Andrea Roche, Rosanna Davidson and so on and so forth.

Who are these people?! Although the name in the middle rings a bell, did she have an affair with some politican?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jester77 wrote:
    Who are these people?! Although the name in the middle rings a bell, did she have an affair with some politican?

Two words might help you. 'Z' and 'list'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The Sunday papers are absolutely swamped with the bitches. I can't even remember how she got "famous" in the first place. All I remember was flicking through a tabloid when next thing I was greeted by 3-page Kiss-and-tell story from some bimbo who decided to milk money off her "bastard" fella who she seems to flying back & forth from like a fúckin' YoYo!!

Goddamn Irish models!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Two words might help you. 'Z' and 'list'.

first one's more a letter, rather then a word in fairness

I read a feature the other day about the fact she was dumped this year or last and lost weight due to it and they were now aplausing at the fact she was now gaining weight and promoting a healthy image etc etc which is probably good consdering she's a model but I
    hope she consented to it as I'd hate to open the paper one day and read about how i was becoming more softer in the hips? WTF!
    Who gives a **** really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

The other folk constantly in the papers (particularly the Sunday Indo of all papers) is Gerard Kean and Lisa Murphy who is Michael Flatleys ex.

Who gives a sh1te???

I think he's a lawyer and she is....what???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Duggy747 wrote:
    The Sunday papers are absolutely swamped with the bitches. I can't even remember how she got "famous" in the first place. All I remember was flicking through a tabloid when next thing I was greeted by 3-page Kiss-and-tell story from some bimbo who decided to milk money off her "bastard" fella who she seems to flying back & forth from like a fúckin' YoYo!!

Goddamn Irish models!!

She's famous cos her fella dumped her for posing in her knickers.

She then went around bitching about him to any tabloid willing to print the story, only to get back with him 5 minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Pics please so I can pass judgment..

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

"Who the **** is Katy French?"

Another thick....thats who....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All the Katy French News thats fitted to print.

http://blogorrah.com/katy_french/

Mike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I did a charity motorcycle run a few months back where ms french was due to attend. The event was a rally around ireland which was spread over 4 days. She turned up on day 1 but disappeared a few hours later. She magically reappeared on the last night in the pub and was there for the last day's spin.

What happened to her in between we'll never know (maybe she went to tara to add her voice to the protestors, or maybe she visited a third world country to help build a fresh water well, who knows!) but one of the tabloids afterward were saying how great she was doing the full 4 day event and promotin the charity! There were other celebs on the trip who really put in the effort, but she wasnt one of them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Mongrel.ie wrote:
    Thicker than a couple of very short planks, oranger than a crate of mandarins...Marcus Sweeney and Katy French have got to be the crappiest celebrities in the history of crap celebrities. See, a celebrity’s career should follow a certain trajectory. They should arrive fresh faced and doe-eyed. They should fly high for a while on back of whatever modest talents they have. Then, slowly, they should start to believe their own ridiculous hype until eventually they stumble headlong into delusional, vainglorious oblivion. That’s the show. That’s why we buy the tickets. But just look at where these two utter non-entities are starting from. They’re just a pair of ****ing idiots!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I hate that I know who she is.

Worryingly, she's spread to the Irish Times. She's in today's Leaving Cert supplement, exaggerating her results. It was ok when it was confined to the tabloids and the Sindo, but there's no escaping her now.

/shudders

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

faceman wrote:
    What happened to her in between we'll never know (maybe she went to tara to add her voice to the protestors, or maybe she visited a third world country to help build a fresh water well, who knows!) but one of the tabloids afterward were saying how great she was doing the full 4 day event and promotin the charity! There were other celebs on the trip who really put in the effort, but she wasnt one of them!!

Try putting that in writing to any of the Sunday papers. It'll never see the light of day I tell thee!

I don't understand the media's obsession with a couple of trunked up T-listers i.e. French & Gilson. Defies logic tbh. We should slap embargo's on the 'media'. That'll learn them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

is it coz shes not skinny and they;re tryin to promote the curves of the "real woman"? has to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

I felt her arse at our Christmas work do (they hired her to pose for photos with the staff)

At least I think it was her, only recognised her a few months later when the papers didnt stop with their stuff about her, I saw her on the front of 3 seperate papers in one day the other week :confused:

In fairness though if you think the herald is bad check out the nobodys section in the indo rview piece on Saturdays. Even the tabloids havent a clue who these D4 no marks are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

i see much prettier and beter bodies girls here in california every time i run on the beach. In a word over rated and a bikini is not a good look for her as she obviously just starves herself and doesn't work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo......

She hasn't really made it into the irish times has she?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

just starves herself and doesn't work out.

sadly I think this is true for alot of irish models, they dont seem to know the difference between being skinny and being fit :rolleyes: And there's a bloody big difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

Goddamn Irish models!!

You spelled "PR girl" wrong there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bigross

Rockee wrote: »
    The other folk constantly in the papers (particularly the Sunday Indo of all papers) is Gerard Kean and Lisa Murphy who is Michael Flatleys ex.

Who gives a sh1te???

I think he's a lawyer and she is....what???

A man, I think!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Don't drag up old (and inappropriate) threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement