Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beard Design

Options
  • 22-12-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey!

Could any of you guys recommend a barber in Dublin who is good at beard design's?

I'll be honest guys, I've got a lot of hot towel shave's done with different barbers and in my experience, I was satisfield maybe 20% of the time. I cant do it myself.

It would be a style like Johnny Depp's beard

johnny+depp+beard+06.jpg

It's almost like you have to shave underneath the moustache part as well. Very hard to do.

I have already went to a well known barber in Dublin. I dont want to name them but I was disappointed with their effort to do what should be an easy design for a barber.

Help appreciated guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

try Waldorf barbers on westmoreland st

they look after my beard nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi Guys.... found this earlier posting and was looking for the 'Johnny Depp' myself.

So rather than re-type it out... I have restarted this thread!

Any ideas of how to go about growing such a style??? Can this be done from home OR would I need a weekly barber touch-up????

I am a complete newbie to beards.... but would love to work on this style over November and see how it pans out.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Johnny Depp can't grow much more than what you see there, he doesn't really style it.

http://litterboxx.com/contests/depp5.jpg

Beards come in varying forms, different amount of growth, different types of hair, different thicknesses etc.

I would suggest growing your beard out for a month, don't trim anything. See what you've got after that amount of time and then start looking at styles that you think could work with your beard type.

Advertisement