Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help with excel woorkbook

Options
  • 13-11-2015 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

I'm looking for some help with an excel template i found on line and although im not exactly sure how it works i have played around with it and got it nearly to where i need but with a few problems.

As you will see there are 4 pages to the work book. The aim is to select a number if items on each page and have them appear on the target page which is to be printed

1. I can only select a certain number of items from each list, can this be changed?

2. some items when selected are not appearing on the target page?

I have added a link below to the file so that the above will make some sense, any help would be appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/584uf469sa5e094/menu%20maker%20-%20test.xlsx?dl=0

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The simplest approach might be to use a macro that loops through the three sheets looking for any rows that contain an x in column F and copies them into your Menu sheet.

However, formulae can be used to do it although it is somewhat messy. If you look at the attached, I've added formulae to the desserts section of the menu.
    The formulae in column B are used to retreive the row numbers from the desserts sheet (that contain an x). Columns C and E use the number in B and retrieve the corresponding value.

Note that the first two rows of calculations differ. The first row looks for the first x, the second row looks for subsequent rows.

However, it's important to note that this requires formulae to capture the rows that contain an x in the reference sheet. If there are more rows with an x that there are rows with formulae, then you will have a problem.
    It's a start at least.

Advertisement