Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Recon-Desert Siege.

• 22-05-2002 9:55pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of you guys have checked this out?

Its simply awesome,Amazing graphics,great sound and clever AI.
    Multiplayer is great too,if only i could find an Irish server,I find this game to have the best netcode of all my FPS,i regularly play on UK and Euro servers with little lag,not bad for 56k.

There are numerous multiplayer modes,it even has multiplayer option with you creating a server offline and playing against the amazing AI.Playing with and against the AI can be done with 3 game modes,Recon,Firefight,and Mission.Add the campaign to this and you have one great game/sim.

I got the origional Ghost Recon [which was voted game of the year last year by a number of game sites] and Desert Siege in Game for 59 Euros.

Do yourselves a favour and check it out,I thought games like MOHAA,Wolfenstein,Operation Flashpoint etc were good until i played this.
    Its got a massive community too,i sure wish we had an Irish Community.
    ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

I'd have to agree with you. I haven't got the addon pack and have only played the 1st mission of the campaign but from what I've played, I really like it.

The levels are huge, outdoors with tall grass and trees that blow in the wind.

I love the real time order system. The planning stages in Rainbow 6 and Rogue Spear really bugged me.

Haven't played it online yet because of a poor phone line.

Must find time to play more of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Operation Flashpoint is better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Yeah I finished Ghost Recon and the addon Desert Siege and really enjoyed, but I would, I used to play Rogue Spear like a mad thing.
    One thing that annoyed me was the AI tho, It's really bad when you can shoot a guy in the head and his mate standing beside him doesnt flinch. was v good other than that tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Have to agree that Op Flash is better.

However, Desert Siege is a wonderful add-on. Too often add ons are crap cash in's. This one is actually far better than the original game in my opinion. The graphics engine seems to revel in the desert environments, it looks truly stunning. If you are a fan of the original go get it yesterday. If you are a fan of squad based tactical shooters and enjoyed any of the Rogue Spear/Rainbow 6 or SWAT3 games, get out there any buy the special edition with both of them in it. What are you waiting for, don't walk, run.

Advertisement