Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ever wonder what boards.ie would look like in 1950

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

All the text would be in long hand, joined writing and written with the right hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

In 50 or 60 years time they'll be looking back on us with the same derision.

Doubt it, right now the internet is like the wild west. Wait till they bring in the cyber police and they start backtracing stuff. They'll look back and say we were lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Jayde Lively Mirage

"Pulled the plum off meself today. Just wondering when the blindness kicks in?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Big crowd in the village today, there was talk of some yank who wants to bid on the Bulls field when it goes to auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

"Describe your first Holy Communion using MS paint"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I'm sure it would be moderated by priests from the catholic church with only them having the ability to start threads.. Most people would suck up to same and it might actually seem quite pleasant, if a bit repressed. I'd like it if it were liberal and high minded with more of a sense of humour.. The more gross / cynical stuff is expendable in my humble opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

"A priest didnt touch me, I feel offended"

"Is jazz the devils music?"

"Ever seen a black fella?"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Ireland Off-line: when are the blasted ESB putting in our lines??? :mad:
    DIY: Converting that old Crossley car into a money-saving septic tank
    Afterhours: Did I leave the immersion on?
    Parenting: Our Seamus, does he want to be a priest? Spends at lot of time late at the Parish House.
    Travel: Will I get the boat?
    Rip-Off Ireland: Would you look at the price of butter!
    Banking, Insurance and Pensions: Putting my money offshore as the bank told me.
    LGBT(Q): Lord Give Blessings to our Troubled Queers
    Politics: Bring back DeV!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Peig Sayers would be a pin-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

(MOD)
    EXCOMMUNICATED.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Most people on the website would be trying to fix friends/friends of friends (that's everybody, in this tiny country) up with jobs and accommodation when they arrive in New York etc.

* In the 1950s there was a common belief that the Irish "race" was about to die because emigration was so enormous.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trollin trollin trollin

Here's what this thread would have looked like in the early 1990s ;)early90s.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Communism: The way forward for Ireland?

Will we ever see a footballer better than Stanley Matthews?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Relationship Issues: 'My boy friend wants me to show him my leg'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

You'd never get on Boards because you'd have to share the PC with your 12 siblings.

Advertisement