Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Links you are gorgeous!

Getting annoyed listening to someone criticising Micheal D Higgin's poetry..saying it's not poetry...does this guy not realise that art is subjective? Like who made him the boss of taste?

People are awful for mixing up opinion and fact.

Have to say I like Michael D's stuff. It's simple and honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'm clearly not a dedicated lounger, only just noticed we're on a new version. Shame on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Well it seems they know what is wrong with my mum. Sickens me though that she has been sick since the summer, and she had to go to a private clinic to find out the problem. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Well it seems they know what is wrong with my mum. Sickens me though that she has been sick since the summer, and she had to go to a private clinic to find out the problem. :mad:

Look on the bright side, now she can be looked aftrr properly. Cuddles for momma(soon to be granny! Eek!)Ivy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

I swear i work in the noisiest (sp?) office in the world !! Printers , chatter and now building works !!!!! Argh :(

On a plus its FRIDAY !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Herro Friday - lovely to see you! Pity you're awfully long and slow between 8.30am and 5.30pm and then speed along with your friends Saturday and Sunday!! Brats!!! At least you are all here though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

FRIDAY:D

Still in my PJ's, playing fetch with the cat. She is so very cool:D

Links, you're a wee cutie, fab teeth. I had braces for years but I'm thinking of getting them again.

Krudler, do it, as you said, life's far too short. There's a woman I know, she's not working and she's constantly whinging about lack of funds, yet she's driving round in a car that could feed a family and pay the bills, for a year, easily.

Storm, I always got morning sickness at night. Horrible horrible horrible. Like being drunk without the alcohol.

Ivy, I hope your mom is ok x

I want a greyhound. They are such a beautiful dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,331 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Can't wait for tonight. I'm going to see Dara O'Briain, it should be a good one

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It's just been confirmed that I'm going to Poland again the week after next for work. My first thought was 'Yay, I've always wanted to go to Kraków!'... And then I remembered that it's winter. I just checked the weather, it's -10°C there today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Thank fcuking FCUK it's finally Friday. Groundhog Week is almost at an end...

Boo: We have just discovered that a manager who's off on sick leave has spent the last several months hiding invoices all over his office, with the result that I have to post almost 90k worth of overdue stuff by COB today.

Yay!: I'm making beer chilli for dinner this evening.

• Advertisement

Fishie wrote: »
    It's just been confirmed that I'm going to Poland again the week after next for work. My first thought was 'Yay, I've always wanted to go to Kraków!'... And then I remembered that it's winter. I just checked the weather, it's -10°C there today :(

Awesome!! A perfect excuse to go shopping for lovely wooly things and boots and hats and a new coat and and and.....oh I love winter clothes....and imagine all the stew you can eat and warm deserts and soups and hot drinks and and .....yum:D

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Thank fcuking FCUK it's finally Friday. Groundhog Week is almost at an end...

Boo: We have just discovered that a manager who's off on sick leave has spent the last several months hiding invoices all over his office, with the result that I have to post almost 90k worth of overdue stuff by COB today.

Yay!: I'm making beer chilli for dinner this evening.

I have no idea what that means but I get the distinct impression it's not good....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I have rum at home, waiting patiently for me. On the way home, I will buy some diet coke.

And then tonight, the diet coke and the rum will dance together and I will drink them.

Yum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

jujibee wrote: »
    I have rum at home, waiting patiently for me. On the way home, I will buy some diet coke.

And then tonight, the diet coke and the rum will dance together and I will drink them.

You're funny :) I would love to go out tonight, my favourite local band are playing but I have work tomorrow and need to be awake, if I go out and don't drink I'll still be wrecked in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I feel like I got a smack of an artic truck. Unsure if it was the chicken I ate last night or if it's (all day) morning sickness but it hasn't let up the entire night.

If I feel better this evening I might go for a massage

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hope your mum will be okay soon. :) Also, any stir on baby Ivy? :) xx

Jealous! I love Dara O' Briain! Hope you have a great night! :D
    jujibee wrote: »

I absolutely love that description. :D

How are we all today loungers? Good I hope. My brother finished his mocks today, thinks they went okay. He's going to see Noel Gallagher next Friday night and he's all excited. :) I'm just about to straighten my hair because I have nothing else to do and then I'm going to knit.

No news about bf's dad's scan yet. I really hope it went well.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You'll love it :) Went to see him last Thursday, great show.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Semele wrote: »
    Marian Keyes has a book coming out called Saved by Cake.
    ...I haven't read much of her stuff but I think she's been so groundbreaking in talking so honestly about her depression, especially when it could have done her professional image a lot of damage.
    Marian has never made a secret of her battle with alcoholism in the nineties and her depression. It's great she's so open about it.
    You should read some of her novels- they're brill. :)
    Laugh put loud funny, generally with a dark undertone. A few of her books are about women with addictions or depression. She's a great writer.. and not brainless 'chic lit' but very witty and hilarious books. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Hope you feel better soon Storm :)

Oooh Fishie I'd love to go to Poland, you're so lucky! Actually anywhere in Eastern Europe would be great, I've never ventured further east than Italy :D

I'm off on a class trip to Galway for the weekend :) I have a shoulder of vodka in my suitcase...But if I drink all that I'll need an ambulance, so I'll have some left for the next time I go out ;)

Sitting here with rollers in my hair, I feel oddly glamorous! The end result might not be so amazing though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Getting annoyed listening to someone criticising Micheal D Higgin's poetry..saying it's not poetry...does this guy not realise that art is subjective? Like who made him the boss of taste?
    One of the main reasons I dropped out of college early. I couldn't take having my stuff judged by some old lecturer who had no idea what my style was all about :rolleyes:
    It's good that she's going somewhere now that knows how to take care of her, thinking of you both (and the bump) x
    Fishie wrote: »

Krakow is such a beautiful city, if you get a chance visit the Salt Mines. They're amazing- there's an entire underground hand carved chapel with rock salt chandellers and a hand carved replica of the last supper! Stunning.
    Oh and you can lick the walls!!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

My grandad's car keeps breaking down so he always calls my mam.and by the time my mam gets down there,it's working again. She's getting really frustrated at it :P

He called me the other day to get to my mam because he couldn't get through to her on her mobile or the house phone and he's been calling for ages. I went into her room and she had the house phone and her mobile on the bed, just ignoring them :o

She gave out to me for giving the phone to her, but ah well :p

FRIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY :D

I'm still tucked up in bed, nice and warm! :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Posy wrote: »
    Marian has never made a secret of her battle with alcoholism in the nineties and her depression. It's great she's so open about it.
    You should read some of her novels- they're brill. :)
    Laugh put loud funny, generally with a dark undertone. A few of her books are about women with addictions or depression. She's a great writer.. and not brainless 'chic lit' but very witty and hilarious books. :D
    I agree, I wouldn’t normally go for books with a chick lit label but I’ve always enjoyed Marian Keyes. They may be written for women but they are anything but fluff, and she’s so damn funny! They’re the kind of books that will make you crack up laughing when you’re reading them on trains (which can be a bit embarrassing :o) but also have the most heartbreaking descriptions of things like alcoholism.
    bubblefett wrote: »
    Krakow is such a beautiful city, if you get a chance visit the Salt Mines. They're amazing- there's an entire underground hand carved chapel with rock salt chandellers and a hand carved replica of the last supper! Stunning.
    Oh and you can lick the walls!!! :P
    Ahhh I want to go there! I don’t know if I’ll have a chance because I’m going to a conference, but if I had my own way I’d be off licking walls like a mad thing!

I made soup for the first time ever and it's not awful!!!!
    :D:D:D

I love Marian Keyes. Her books are hilarious and she's so honest and real and open about her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

My mam makes the nicest soup everrrrr! Yumm! She always makes loads so there's always some on the fridge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Acoshla wrote: »
    The Lovely Muffin you need chocolate chips to put them into cupcakes really, they keep their shape, use Aldi and Lidl chocolate, expensive ones like Lindt aren't needed and don't too well when heated like that as chunks in a cupcake.

Edit: They were white chocolate weren't they? White chocolate is a very different creature to dark/milk chocolate, definitely use white chocolate chips.
    Thanks for this advice Acoshla, will get some of the choc chips in Aldi next time I'm there, my nearest Lidl is around 6-8 miles away :(

Boyfriend coming over for lunch, lasagne and chips, yum. One of my faves :D

My mam makes the nicest soup everrrrr! Yumm! She always makes loads so there's always some on the fridge :)

My mam is the same :)
    I made it cause I wanted a little home comfort, I love smell of soup in the house

Edit: aw 500 posts. And over 100 of them were in our last thread alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

My manager rocks she brought us up huge cookies :) time for tea i think !!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ivy, I can't believe it's taken them so long to figure out what's wrong with your mother. The health system in this country is a disgrace. :mad:

Hope everything goes well now for you both. xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Ah here can I have some...I'd love some hot soup just now, feel like the temp has dropped.

I really wish you could use the same password for everything. Just spent 20 mins trying to remember one for something. Also, was just placing an order with amazon, was using the super saver postage most went through but still three items came up for 30 euro postage, more than double what they cost. There is no danger I will be paying that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement